cele's 93 R

Cobra R's and their specific parts for sale section.

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

cobramustang1993

Re: cele's 93 R

Post by cobramustang1993 »

I understand your frustration....Unfortunately, there are seemingly only a handful of Gold Card Judges qualified for the 1979-1993 cars @ MCA judged shows.....I hopefully will attain that status this year or next, right now I am a certified judge......The MCA "URB" class (unrestored) means what it says.....The car should be in an "unrestored state", and MCA judging, if followed properly by judges, would allow "patina" that accumulated on unrestored cars.....such as:

Paint Chips
Rust
Dings
Wear on paint/trim
Upholstery wear and tear
Windshield pitting
Faded Black Trim
Faded or partially missing body decals

These items above would naturally be occuring on unrestored cars, but of course the lower-mileage cars would have less than more defects......People tend to equate unrestored to concours, and the 2 classes are
only to be compared in authenticity/originality, and not vehicle physical condition......

Of course, you can partially restore an un-restored car with paint touch up or upholstery partial repair, and trim/mechanical items that do not put it in a restored or concours class (allowed per MCA rules)......but there is a slippery slope to over-compensating when "improving" an unrestored car to better it's judging sheet results....
The key is that the "PATINA" of an unrestored car ADDS to it's value, not the restoring or replacement of any worn item to new condition......kind of a complicated principal to some car guys......

On Cele3's 93 R's with a few scrapes/scratches. under the car-I would consider those items "patina" and I would not be mark down on judging......but those items can be spot-repaired, and that would be OK under the rules......

My problem with people "picking away" at these cars for minor defects, is that they assume there will be many to choose from in better condition.....I agree if I found 4-6 93R's at near the same time at similiar pricing, I too would go for the pristine example....Reality is they don't usually come up in pairs or more than one at a time.....Waiting for the "perfect" example may be an expensive proposition as these cars go up in value over the years....A little TLC on cars like Cele3's at a fair price would certainly float my boat......

My only consideration over 2 cars in the same condition would be the amount of mileage and documentation available.....A window sticker is really important to me, and the unique SVT documentation also......

Sandy
MCA#76083
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Re: cele's 93 R

Post by dbrennancobra »

BOOM! Sandy couldn't of said it any better!
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]