cele's 93 R

Cobra R's and their specific parts for sale section.

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

bdecoy

Re: cele's 93 R

Post by bdecoy »

escogt wrote:
Z282SLO wrote:
WillyB93 wrote: Dam salesman got all excited and hit the parking curb after the test drive in 93.
Ha! I bet that was from a crazy lot guy with a lead foot!
Yeah, not many of those guys around... :wavey:
Listen here :pissed: jk Bet it is from hitting the lift arm. I've done it a few times looks similar
#1571 teal/blk stock 7k
#1547 blk/blk stock 19k
Sold:2946 1521 1447
escogt
Fox Mustang Enthusiast

Post by escogt »

bdecoy wrote:Listen here :pissed: jk Bet it is from hitting the lift arm. I've done it a few times looks similar
That's a distinct possibility.
'85GT Bright Atlantic Blue (K7)
'92LX Bimini Blue (K3)
'93COBRA #1521 Teal/Black (RD) SOLD
'93COBRA #163 Black/Gray leather (UA) M.I.A.
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

escogt wrote:
bdecoy wrote:Listen here :pissed: jk Bet it is from hitting the lift arm. I've done it a few times looks similar
That's a distinct possibility.
The smart money is on a crazy lot guy. :mrgreen:
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
TFStang

Post by TFStang »

Seen that happen many times. Happened to me in a brand new Z06 that I bought in 2001. I was furious to say the least. :pissed:
2000 Cobra R
1991 Notch - Blower & Usual Bolt Ons
2014 Shelby GT500
1993 Teal/Black Cobra
cele3

Post by cele3 »

Despite the near total loss collision caused when a hidden section of the underside of the chin spoiler gently brushed a curb resulting in a scratch about the size of a U.S. quarter (perhaps even a nickel), both '93 R's were sold today to a collector in the DFW area. Please, please, please....if you ever come across him, don't speak of the near salvage history of the car. I've pulled a fast one on him! :D

Anyway, I believe that the cars will remain in good hands!

Rob.

P.S. The black Cobra (5,900 miles) remains on the market.
1993 Cobra R #17; 1993 Cobra R #79; Black 1993 Cobra; Three Teal 1993 Cobras; and a bunch of other muscle cars.
specracer

Post by specracer »

Congrats. Great to keep them together.
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

cele3 wrote:Despite the near total loss collision caused when a hidden section of the underside of the chin spoiler gently brushed a curb resulting in a scratch about the size of a U.S. quarter (perhaps even a nickel), both '93 R's were sold today to a collector in the DFW area. Please, please, please....if you ever come across him, don't speak of the near salvage history of the car. I've pulled a fast one on him! :D

Anyway, I believe that the cars will remain in good hands!

Rob.

P.S. The black Cobra (5,900 miles) remains on the market.
Rob, your sale is getting noticed.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/collection- ... p-for-sale
03 COBRA Black with VMP
cobramustang1993

Post by cobramustang1993 »

I have been reading the comments with some interest, since I own 2 R's at this time (#77,#85).......When it comes to unrestored original low-mileage cars, minor scrapes and light surface rust should be considered the "patina" of originality, and I believe shouldn't be knocked other than for ones personal preferences........In MCA judging of these cars, minor issues such as scrapes or paint flaws, surface rust, oxidation, are not deducted when judging....The more important aspects of originality and authenticity are the guiding factors....Both of Cele's cars seem to fit the mold of authenticity and originality......Also documentation and paperwork is very important when considering a purchase of these cars...I don't know how much is available for either of the cars........

When you are talking about under 100-mile Cobra R's, you are talking about extremely rare and collectible Mustangs, flaws and all..........If I was in the market, I would certainly consider the cars, although the market is a little cool at this time.....Maybe to a potential buyers advantage......

Sandy
MCA#76083
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

cobramustang1993 wrote:I have been reading the comments with some interest, since I own 2 R's at this time (#77,#85).......When it comes to unrestored original low-mileage cars, minor scrapes and light surface rust should be considered the "patina" of originality, and I believe shouldn't be knocked other than for ones personal preferences........In MCA judging of these cars, minor issues such as scrapes or paint flaws, surface rust, oxidation, are not deducted when judging....The more important aspects of originality and authenticity are the guiding factors....Both of Cele's cars seem to fit the mold of authenticity and originality......Also documentation and paperwork is very important when considering a purchase of these cars...I don't know how much is available for either of the cars........

When you are talking about under 100-mile Cobra R's, you are talking about extremely rare and collectible Mustangs, flaws and all..........If I was in the market, I would certainly consider the cars, although the market is a little cool at this time.....Maybe to a potential buyers advantage......

Sandy
MCA#76083
Sandy, I can tell you this.. They do look at those flaws.
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

cobramustang1993 wrote: When it comes to unrestored original low-mileage cars, minor scrapes and light surface rust should be considered the "patina" of originality
Kudos for a very clever phrase! For a seller of a $50K+ Mustang that sounds great. For a buyer ... maybe not so much.

Me personally, if I'm shelling out big $$ for a rare car, that car will be in MINT condition.
03 COBRA Black with VMP
cobramustang1993

I have bought and sold quite a few low-mileage Mustangs from 17-miles to 1000-miles......Good luck in finding "PERFECT" unrestored cars....Unless they were delivered into a vault, and not moved, cleaned, or serviced, you guys might get what you are looking for....These cars, no-matter how low the miles are very very rarely perfect in all respects.....I think most of you have not had any of these cars or would better understand....What you expect and what reality is concerning cars that are approaching 25 years of ownership are 2 different things....It's my opinion, and I respect yours.......But don't hold your breath to find Perfect cars, they really don't exist........

Sandy
SPEEDFREEK

Post by SPEEDFREEK »

No car is perfect true, but nicks and scrapes and surface rust matter and are preventable regardless of age.
89 Saleen SSC #168 10k miles
90 Saleen Vert #93 26k miles
92 Cobra Prototype 8k miles
93 Cobra #3032 Teal/gray cloth 6k miles
93 Cobra #3620 Black/Gray leather 12k miles
93 Cobra #4993 Teal/Gray Leather
93 Yellow SE 5spd, 4k miles
93 5.0 coupe 19k miles
94 GT 7k miles
92 25th 1LE Z28 900 miles
cobramustang1993

Not arguing, it's just that unless you are the original owner, the chances of you finding one of the 107 Cobra R's with 0 scratches, slight surface rust, scrapes, etc.......is pretty slim IMHO

10 or 20 years from now, the proud owner of a recently purchased 60-mile unrestored 1993 Cobra R isn't going to be worried about "patina" that comes along with these cars.......whether it be a small scrape, surface rust on the driveshaft or slight corrosion on the aluminum surfaces in the engine compartment, or lead body seams that are showing through the original paint.......That's unrestored condition for me and quite acceptable whether it's my car or I am judging someone elses in the unrestored class at an MCA show......You certainly can correct minor flaws on unrestored cars and they will still be considered unrestored, as long as you don't repaint the car more than the rules state.....Taking rust or corrosion off can result in certain finishes being damaged or modified that might be negatives........

I am overdoing this topic, to be sure, but all I am trying to do is to convince any of you out there to try to overlook minor flaws in these cars.....There are very few out there that will be for sale, and if you would like one in your collection, don't wait forever..........whether it be a car I am selling or someone else's like the 2 nice examples that Cele3 had........
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

I agree 100%
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

I also agree with sandy 100%, but at nationals I got judged down from a FACTORY overspray!
It was the New England chapter president, he owns a teal cobra I believe.. ( I could be wrong)
Sandy I'd love for you to judge my car!!
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]