relay locations

Technical Tips, Tricks and Q & A
JoeM71

relay locations

Post by JoeM71 »

hi guys, i was told by a few pros to replace the eec relay, and the fuel pump relay to try to fix the car. Before i get started, do you guys know where each relay is located??? I am getting mixed opinions. Some say that the fuel pump relay is under the drivers seat, but i dont think i see it there. Some say the eec-computer relay is right above the computer in the right kick panel, and others say that they are both under the hood. HELP!!!!!!!
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

I know for sure the fuel pump relay is mounted under the hood on the right side shock tower right behind the mass air meter. the older cars had it under the seat. not sure were the ecc relay is but it should have a red wire, yellow, red/green, and a black/ white wire. Sounds to me like you might need a ecm. try one from a non-cobra , it will be easier to find and should still work.
JoeM71

Post by JoeM71 »

thanks guys, but i am still having a problem. I see the 2 relays there on the rt front shock tower, but they don`t match the relay that ford says is the right one. They also said that going by the numbers on those 2 relays, they are for something else.