fuel pump not working

Technical Tips, Tricks and Q & A
stock2262

fuel pump not working

Post by stock2262 »

Motor turns over but fuel pump does not come on when I turn the key, the pump does work I pull the tank out and it works. There's a switch in the trunk of the car not sure if it is to be pressed down or not earthier way still does not start. Any suggestions on what my problem is. I haven't tried to started the car from about 3 weeks

Scott
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

the inertia switch in the trunk is to be pushed down to run. check your fuel pump relay, it is under the mass air meter on the passenger side inner fender. relay could be bad or it may not be getting a signal from the ecm.
phorty

Post by phorty »

I thought the fuel pump relay was under the driver seat? It was on my 89 GT anyway.
'93 Cobra #220- Black over Gray Cloth- 4.10's, Long Tubes, 57K miles- SOLD 8/8
'06 GT- Windveil Blue over Light Graphite Leather- 5spd
'93 Notch- 144k miles
BADBOY

Re: fuel pump not working

Post by BADBOY »

stock2262 wrote:Motor turns over but fuel pump does not come on when I turn the key, the pump does work I pull the tank out and it works. There's a switch in the trunk of the car not sure if it is to be pressed down or not earthier way still does not start. Any suggestions on what my problem is. I haven't tried to started the car from about 3 weeks

Scott
DID YOU PROVIDE YOUR OWN POWER AND GROND TO MAKE IT WORK OR DID YOU USE THE FACTORY WIRING ?
1993 Mustang SVT Cobra
Teal car/black cloth interior
#195 - 1 of 185
SOLD AND NOT BECAUSE I WANTED TO !
MY 93 SNAKE
stock2262

Post by stock2262 »

I had a separate 12 v source
JoeM71

Post by JoeM71 »

they moved the relay to the pass side inner fender well behind the air cleaner. There is 2 relays there. One is the wide open throttle relay, and the other is the fuel pump relay. The reason they moved it is for the power seat motor. My 89 Gt had it under the seat also. Did you check that fuel pump shut off switch in front of the drivers side taillight?