ridin rough

Technical Tips, Tricks and Q & A
vinchez78
'93 Cobra Luhva

Post by vinchez78 »

Thanks SVT, I will check that out too, I went ahead and used the SEA FOAM, and It's still surging, I put about have the bottle in the brake booster line and the other half in the gas tank, then I let it sit for about 10-15 min. Cranked it and saw some smoke, not a whole lot like I've seen on YouTube, so do I need to use another bottle?? This surge is pissing me off :twisted:
BLK on Leather
pete3323

Post by pete3323 »

I've used Sea Foam on all my vehicles. Noticed smoother idle and generally better driveablilty after treatment. Do a Utube search on it.
'98 White terminated Cobra
'93 Black Cobra #4831
WillyB93

Post by WillyB93 »

vinchez78 wrote:Thanks SVT, I will check that out too, I went ahead and used the SEA FOAM, and It's still surging, I put about have the bottle in the brake booster line and the other half in the gas tank, then I let it sit for about 10-15 min. Cranked it and saw some smoke, not a whole lot like I've seen on YouTube, so do I need to use another bottle?? This surge is pissing me off :twisted:
I wouldn't guarantee that this is going to be the quick fix for you, might have to start looking for other issues to your problem.
93 Black on black sunroof #1835
04 Comp. Orange Coupe #348
93 Reef Blue SSP LX Coupe (SOLD)
91 Wild Strawberry Coupe (SOLD)
93 Teal and Black #1521 (SOLD)
93 Vibrant Red and Leather #3038 (SOLD)
04 Mystichrome Coupe #529 of #1010 (SOLD)
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

WillyB93 wrote:
vinchez78 wrote:Thanks SVT, I will check that out too, I went ahead and used the SEA FOAM, and It's still surging, I put about have the bottle in the brake booster line and the other half in the gas tank, then I let it sit for about 10-15 min. Cranked it and saw some smoke, not a whole lot like I've seen on YouTube, so do I need to use another bottle?? This surge is pissing me off :twisted:
I wouldn't guarantee that this is going to be the quick fix for you, might have to start looking for other issues to your problem.
I was thinking the same thing...
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
Romo93

Post by Romo93 »

Did you ever fix the surge? Just curious what the problem was.
1993 Black / Black Cobra #3929. V3 with a couple bolt-ons - 63,000 miles and counting....
vinchez78
'93 Cobra Luhva

Post by vinchez78 »

Romo93 wrote:Did you ever fix the surge? Just curious what the problem was.
I have no clue what the problem was, but like i posted before, was frustrated because the way it was surging, i got pissed and took it on the highway doing 90, when i came into town stopped at a light and it was surging right, havent had a problem since. So....when u have bad surge, floor it!!! :P
BLK on Leather
aaronlstiles

Post by aaronlstiles »

vinchez78 wrote:Yeah, it was one day it wad fine then next it started with the surging, sux :evil:
Sounds like you need to take it out and drive it. Blow the cob webs out, also I never understood why people run Fuel injector cleaner, the chemical in it, is made to brake down carbon, and it is also bad for anything plastic, such as fuel lines, and the plastic coating in the fuel tank.

I have never ran any kind of cleaner in my cars, and none of them have ever had problems, the old saying. If it isn't broke dont fix it.