Beeping Alarm

Technical Tips, Tricks and Q & A
OLLETT

Beeping Alarm

Post by OLLETT »

I was wondering if anyof you guys have ever experienced a loud beeping coming out from behind the dash. I don't know if it's some kind of warning or alert beep. It beeps even when driving. One of my parking lamps is out but i doubt it would cause it to act like that. If anyone has any info I'd appreciate it.
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

The beeping is more than likely the airbag module below the radio, behind the dash. If the airbag inicator light ever burns out, is removed, or for some other reason dosent work the beeps are there for a secondary warning. So turn your key on and see if you DO NOT have an airbag light on. It should also be beeping a code just like the lamp would be flashing a code.
OLLETT

Post by OLLETT »

You are certainly right about the "Air Bag" light flashing. Evidently it's not a blown bulb since it is flashing. More than likely there must be a fault found somewhere. But before I take it to get the air bag system checked by Ford what steps would you take to remedy the problem?
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

what code is it flashing? count the flashes
example: flash,pause,flash,flash would be 12
OLLETT

Post by OLLETT »

The Air Bag indicator light is flashing 15
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

Are you sure its 15? couldnt find a code 15 maybe its 51 thermal fuse blown if so you need a new module. check these codes at this site.
http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/ ... Bag92.html
OLLETT

Post by OLLETT »

thanks 1993cobra i was just about to write back before you did and include that it may have been 51 instead. Anyway i've checked out the link and saved all info pertaining to Code 51. It listed about seven ways of pinpointing the problem. I hope i'm able to find what happened myself. Thanks for the help.