brakes

Technical Tips, Tricks and Q & A
vinchez78
'93 Cobra Luhva

brakes

Post by vinchez78 »

http://www.r1concepts.com/images/Produc ... 168418.jpg

was checking out these brake systems, anyone can elaborate??
BLK on Leather
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Re: brakes

Post by Z282SLO »

The pic is of five-lug slotted and cross-drilled brake rotors. These types of rotors provide improved stopping power (i.e. shorter braking distance) and less fade than stock rotors. Some people like both slotted and cross-drilled, others just slotted. I personally have slotted front rotors on my Cobra and the car's braking performance is better than stock.

The ones in the pic will not fit your Cobra if it has the stock 4-lug hubs. It is much more expensive to upgrade to 5-lugs than just upgrading the brakes while keeping the stock hubs. As for R1, I am not familiar with that particular brand.
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
vinchez78
'93 Cobra Luhva

Post by vinchez78 »

Ya R1 concept actually make 4 lug version of these, was wondering if anyone has had these low cost rotors before, what do u have Z?
BLK on Leather
goode34

Post by goode34 »

Vin in addition to the rotors, look at upgrading your brake hoses to stainless steel. They increase your stopping power and improve your pedal feel over the rubbers esp if yours are original to the car.
#639 Red, Grey leather, hardtop
1990 LX Hatch w/bolt-ons (Sold)
vinchez78
'93 Cobra Luhva

Post by vinchez78 »

goode34 wrote:Vin in addition to the rotors, look at upgrading your brake hoses to stainless steel. They increase your stopping power and improve your pedal feel over the rubbers esp if yours are original to the car.
Thanks for the info Goode, where are my buddies like u, Roll, Phish and the rest that dont visit regularly??
BLK on Leather
goode34

Post by goode34 »

vinchez78 wrote:
goode34 wrote:Vin in addition to the rotors, look at upgrading your brake hoses to stainless steel. They increase your stopping power and improve your pedal feel over the rubbers esp if yours are original to the car.
Thanks for the info Goode, where are my buddies like u, Roll, Phish and the rest that dont visit regularly??

I try to peep my head in here from time to time :)
#639 Red, Grey leather, hardtop
1990 LX Hatch w/bolt-ons (Sold)
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

vinchez78 wrote:Ya R1 concept actually make 4 lug version of these, was wondering if anyone has had these low cost rotors before, what do u have Z?
I have Powerslot front rotors. Much improved braking performance for a very reasonable price.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/powerslot.html
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)