Shorty on long tubes for a supercharger

Technical Tips, Tricks and Q & A
MustangBillJr

Re: Shorty on long tubes for a supercharger

Post by MustangBillJr »

COBRAJR707 wrote:Thanks guys.. It settled.. I'm going with bbk ceramic coated 2 5/8" long tubes with an offroad x pipe.
You may run into a problem with the Xpipe to Header fitment.. This was years ago but both my father and I ran into this issue with the BBKs. The X pipes (offroad & catted) weren't wide enough to properly mate up to the ball fittings/collectors. I had to stand on one pipe and pull up on the other, widening them a bit, to get them to fit. otherwise forcing the headers in will cause a bad exhaust leak at the header flange lol.

It's no big deal really, and you may not run into the same problem. Just giving you a heads up.

Bill
93' SVT Cobra #3051 Teal/Leather
COBRAJR707

Post by COBRAJR707 »

MustangBillJr wrote:
COBRAJR707 wrote:Thanks guys.. It settled.. I'm going with bbk ceramic coated 2 5/8" long tubes with an offroad x pipe.
You may run into a problem with the Xpipe to Header fitment.. This was years ago but both my father and I ran into this issue with the BBKs. The X pipes (offroad & catted) weren't wide enough to properly mate up to the ball fittings/collectors. I had to stand on one pipe and pull up on the other, widening them a bit, to get them to fit. otherwise forcing the headers in will cause a bad exhaust leak at the header flange lol.

It's no big deal really, and you may not run into the same problem. Just giving you a heads up.

Bill

Thanks for the heads up... How does it sound??
#3851 red/graycloth/sunroof
91 GT burgundy/titanium gray cloth
92 GT black/titanium gray cloth sunroof (sold)
96 GT burgundy/peanut butter convertible (sold)
88 GT white/titanium red cloth (RIP)
MustangBillJr

Post by MustangBillJr »

I loved the setup I had sound wise. Its been a while since I've heard it though since I sold the car quite a while ago. Hard to say what sounds better, because some days I liked the raspyness I had with my X-pipe. But other days I'd prefer the H setup my dad had lol.

No videos of them unfortunately.
93' SVT Cobra #3051 Teal/Leather
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

If your travels ever take you to South Jersey, I'll be happy to give you a reminder of your Dad's set-up. :headbang:
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)