Fuel Pressure

Technical Tips, Tricks and Q & A
Cobra18

Fuel Pressure

Post by Cobra18 »

I am trying to do a fuel pressure test and for some reason I cant get the gauge on the tester to read anything. Im not sure that the schrader valve is opening up but I have the ford adapter screwed on all the way. I was reading that you have to jumper the fuel pump relay in order to get a pressure reading? Is this true? Is there something Im missing?
1993cobra
Site Admin

Re: Fuel Pressure

Post by 1993cobra »

look in the end of your ford adapter and see if it has a little tip that will depress the shrader valve, i have a snap-on tester and the end of the hose has a long stud that reaches through the adapter to open the shrader. also each time you turn the key on the pump should run momentarely. Do you hear the pump run?or if you depress the shrader will fuel shoot out?
Cobra18

Post by Cobra18 »

Yes there is a valve that sticks up inside the adapter.The fuel pump is turning on and I can get fuel to spray out of the valve on the fuel rail but just cant a reading on the guage. I rented it from Oreillys and took the first one back bc I thought the guage was bad so I got another one and Im having the same issue
Cobra18

Post by Cobra18 »

Could the schrader valve be bad on my fuel rail.. The weird thing about it is that I even disconnected the rubber line that comes from the tank and used the adapter for the rubber lines and couldnt get a reading
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

When you push the Schrader down foes it spray out or drizzle? You got gas in the tank? Check the fuel filter? I have never seen 9ne stopped up so bad some fuel wouldn't come through it.put the adapter on the gauge and see if you can blow into the hose. If can post a pic of your gauge, hose and adapter. Could the hose be reversed? Some have a check valve.