Re: Wish list

Post by vinchez78 »

Damnit, not sure which one to get :confused:
BLK on Leather
jstanley55

Post by jstanley55 »

trackpilot wrote:
jstanley55 wrote:I'll say the same here I did in my text to ya...3.55's are perfect for a driver IMO and I love then hell outta my mgw shifter!
What the hell Stanley where's my text at?!?!? :(
Lmao! Sorry track, you need to ask a question I can actually answer first :)
#4993 Teal/Leather
#168 '89 Saleen SSC
#1848 Red/Leather (sold)
#4532 Black/Black (sold)
escogt
Fox Mustang Enthusiast

Post by escogt »

1986Browns wrote:
escogt wrote:
jstanley55 wrote:I'll say the same here I did in my text to ya...3.55's are perfect for a driver IMO and I love then hell outta my mgw shifter!
MGW's are sweet, but I prefer a Hurst in my Fox. I'm old school. 3.55's FTW as well.
I had a gold handle MGW in my Terminator and liked it a lot...but I'm with Esco on this. Currently rocking an "OG" cast-base Hurst Competition Plus shifter in my '93. Love the old school!
:beer:
'85GT Bright Atlantic Blue (K7)
'92LX Bimini Blue (K3)
'93COBRA #1521 Teal/Black (RD) SOLD
'93COBRA #163 Black/Gray leather (UA) M.I.A.
1986Browns

Post by 1986Browns »

escogt wrote:
1986Browns wrote:
escogt wrote:MGW's are sweet, but I prefer a Hurst in my Fox. I'm old school. 3.55's FTW as well.
I had a gold handle MGW in my Terminator and liked it a lot...but I'm with Esco on this. Currently rocking an "OG" cast-base Hurst Competition Plus shifter in my '93. Love the old school!
:beer:
escogt
Fox Mustang Enthusiast

Post by escogt »

^^ lol ^^
'92LX Bimini Blue (K3)
93svt#2779

Post by 93svt#2779 »

trackpilot wrote: MGW makes the best quality shifter IMO.
I have also heard good things about the MGW. I've also heard that they can be kinda pricey. I'm running the 4.10's and they are a blast. I don't drive mine daily, just for fun, so I love em. I'm thinking you will be happy with whatever ratio you choose, as all will give your car more get up and Go. Good luck with your decision Vin.
#2779 Black/Grey 167k
vinchez78
'93 Cobra Luhva

Post by vinchez78 »

was checking out videos of gear and shifter installations, i know i would need a professional to install my gears, however, has anyone here installed their own shifter, doesnt look too complicated, im not much of a skilled mechanic but i've done a few DIY on my cobra, or should i leave them both for the experts?
BLK on Leather
1986Browns

Post by 1986Browns »

vinchez78 wrote:was checking out videos of gear and shifter installations, i know i would need a professional to install my gears, however, has anyone here installed their own shifter, doesnt look too complicated, im not much of a skilled mechanic but i've done a few DIY on my cobra, or should i leave them both for the experts?

If you can do an oil change on your car, you can swap in a shifter.
escogt
Fox Mustang Enthusiast

Post by escogt »

1986Browns wrote:If you can do an oil change on your car, you can swap in a shifter.
X2!! One of the easier upgrades to accomplish yourself.
'92LX Bimini Blue (K3)
vinchez78
'93 Cobra Luhva

Post by vinchez78 »

Awesome, thanks Ahnuld
BLK on Leather
Powers33

Post by Powers33 »

I just installed a pro 5.0 shifter love it . I don't mind the short shifter. It was an easy install except for the boot bolts in the front. They are tricky whatever shifter you get. Also you have to cut the boot for the pro 5.0 . On the hurst you don't . I have had both on different cars they are both quality shifters and anything is better than the stock. I loved my 373,s but my car was not a daily driver. I would probably do the 3.55's.
93 teal / black #1758 36k
Light crustal blue /black lx ( sold )
1986Browns

Post by 1986Browns »

Powers33 wrote:I just installed a pro 5.0 shifter love it . I don't mind the short shifter. It was an easy install except for the boot bolts in the front. They are tricky whatever shifter you get. Also you have to cut the boot for the pro 5.0 . On the hurst you don't . I have had both on different cars they are both quality shifters and anything is better than the stock. I loved my 373,s but my car was not a daily driver. I would probably do the 3.55's.
I didn't have trouble with any of the bolts, and for the trans tunnel boot to properly seal the cabin when using the Hurst Competition Plus shifter you should trim it as well. I did.

vinchez78
'93 Cobra Luhva

Post by vinchez78 »

Damn, that looks like a lot of shit to take off to install a shifter, but I'll do it once I get it :drive:
BLK on Leather
Powers33

Post by Powers33 »

1986Browns wrote:
Powers33 wrote:I just installed a pro 5.0 shifter love it . I don't mind the short shifter. It was an easy install except for the boot bolts in the front. They are tricky whatever shifter you get. Also you have to cut the boot for the pro 5.0 . On the hurst you don't . I have had both on different cars they are both quality shifters and anything is better than the stock. I loved my 373,s but my car was not a daily driver. I would probably do the 3.55's.
I didn't have trouble with any of the bolts, and for the trans tunnel boot to properly seal the cabin when using the Hurst Competition Plus shifter you should trim it as well. I did.

I just popped off the leather cover and changed the shifter . It was hard for me to get the bolts under the radio because I left the center console in and everything else. Took me 45 min. If you have a set of ratcheting wrenches it is easier but I have never removed my console to change the shifter . It definitely makes for easier access but to each there own.
93 teal / black #1758 36k
Light crustal blue /black lx ( sold )
1986Browns

Post by 1986Browns »

vinchez78 wrote:Damn, that looks like a lot of shit to take off to install a shifter, but I'll do it once I get it :drive:
I've torn apart a few fox interiors before so taking the center console out doesn't really bother me. It takes a few more minutes to take the console out but allows greater access to the shifter. If you need a little help with this project, LMR has a great step-by-step vid.

[youtube]n_3zm_-vZHs[/youtube]