Ash tray door repair and other interior fun

Technical Tips, Tricks and Q & A
Goose17

Ash tray door repair and other interior fun

Post by Goose17 »

So my 93 had the standard broken ash tray door. I got an ash tray door repair kit from National Parts Depot, but it involves drilling a hole and using a screw as a replacement stud for the ash tray door to pivot on. This screw would be visible from the top, which I didn't want, so I looked around my workshop for an alternative. I found a window blind plastic anchor piece that had the correct size nub. I cut it to fit and had to file down the center console bottom side a bit for clearance. After some super glue, it worked like a champ.

I also am reinstalling the factory stereo head and speakers as well as steam cleaning all the carpets and mats. One last project was the arm rest had some glue release and the top vinyl was flaring out. I used premium construction adhesive and some tape to hold it in position and it is all better.

Pictures:

'11 GT500 FR750 2.9 Whipple, '04 Mystichrome Terminator vert, '02 Mustang GT, 00R, '93 Cobra #1447, '89 Mustang GT vert.

WillyB93

Re: Ash tray door repair and other interior fun

Post by WillyB93 »

I've repaired the lids with headliner adhesive before also, then taped like you did. I take them off the bottoms and let them sit for a day or so. Pretty neat fix you made up for the ash tray door.
93 Black on black sunroof #1835
04 Comp. Orange Coupe #348
93 Reef Blue SSP LX Coupe (SOLD)
91 Wild Strawberry Coupe (SOLD)
93 Teal and Black #1521 (SOLD)
93 Vibrant Red and Leather #3038 (SOLD)
04 Mystichrome Coupe #529 of #1010 (SOLD)