Full maintanance on the Cobra

Technical Tips, Tricks and Q & A
93-3928

Re: Full maintanance on the Cobra

Post by 93-3928 »

Been to Katies a bunch of times! It really is a cool get together. The first time I went a Enzo showed up!!! A ENZO! Never in a million years would think I ever see a Enzo on the road! After that day I ws hooked! Haven't been this year yet. Can't wait to bring the Cobra down. If anybody wants to meet up, who is local (MD VA DC area) let me know! Busy with lacrosse for the next several weekends, but planning on going over the Memorial Day weekend!!

Tom
jiu-jitsu99

Post by jiu-jitsu99 »

93-3928 wrote:Been to Katies a bunch of times! It really is a cool get together. The first time I went a Enzo showed up!!! A ENZO! Never in a million years would think I ever see a Enzo on the road! After that day I ws hooked! Haven't been this year yet. Can't wait to bring the Cobra down. If anybody wants to meet up, who is local (MD VA DC area) let me know! Busy with lacrosse for the next several weekends, but planning on going over the Memorial Day weekend!!

Tom
Tom,
I am in Gaithersburg. Really looking forward for this show.
1993 cobra Red/black NO sunroof #1264- Sold
1993 Cobra Teal/Black NO sunroof# 1521
2016 GT Track Pack
2016 Focus ST
2001 Corvette coupe
Looking for: RED/Black no sunroof low miles
jiu-jitsu99

Post by jiu-jitsu99 »

BrettT wrote:
jiu-jitsu99 wrote: 2015 season here we come!!!!! :D
^^X2

Let me know when your ready, gotta meet up, maybe at jimmy cone? :drive:
where are you located? are you going to Carlisle?
1993 cobra Red/black NO sunroof #1264- Sold
1993 Cobra Teal/Black NO sunroof# 1521
2016 GT Track Pack
2016 Focus ST
2001 Corvette coupe
Looking for: RED/Black no sunroof low miles
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

jiu-jitsu99 wrote:
BrettT wrote:
jiu-jitsu99 wrote: 2015 season here we come!!!!! :D
^^X2

Let me know when your ready, gotta meet up, maybe at jimmy cone? :drive:
where are you located? are you going to Carlisle?
Sending u a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
93-3928

Post by 93-3928 »

Enzo! At Katie's.

Tom
93-3928

Post by 93-3928 »

"My Name is Earl" chopper from OOC. Same morning. I thought it ws cool to see something built on TV and you could walk right up to it!!!

Tom

(And a Cobra!!)
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

Admin - Perhaps this thread should be split and the car show posts put into the "Events/Gatherings" section under a "Katie's" thread.
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
BrentE

Post by BrentE »

SVTchris wrote:Probably should check the condition of the harmonic balancer as the rubber dampner deteriorates over time.
I just had mine replaced, along with the timing chain. I started a refresh by changing my alternator, water pump, and radiator, bur the timing cover cracked. I took it to Ford to have that replaced and had them do the timing chain and harmonic balancer at the same time. Both were "ok" according to the mechanic, but he said if I want to keep the car for an extended period (which we all do) he would replace them out of an abundence of caution. I went with a US made double roller TC setup (Molodon) and a Motorcraft balancer (stock replacement). I put in a PA Performance alt, an Edelbrock water pump, and a Fluidyne radiator... But have a brand new Ford alternator and water pump stored in my garage, and am getting the original radiator redone so when it is time to go full stock, no worries. I can take the new power wire out as well and hook up the Ford alternator quite easily, since I only snipped off a couple of connectors and have plenty of wire lead to rejoin them. The alternator is a 6G 170 amp, and it is amazing having lights that don't dim at a stoplight!
Build #873. Red / Opal cloth. 105 K miles. Original owner, bought from Colley Ford in Glendora CA.