Finally Correct Vin Stickers!

Technical Tips, Tricks and Q & A
aaronlstiles

Finally Correct Vin Stickers!

Post by aaronlstiles »

Im doing a full restoration on a Black 93, Painting the car red! car is a theft recovery, Body was complete minus Fenders, However was stolen in 99, and sitting sense in TX, it is amazing what heat can do to Vin tags. Most all mine where cracked and unreadable, So I contacted ECS Vin.

I know some of you may not think this is a good idea, but it is no different than doing a restoration on the older cars and replacing door data tags, and Buck tags.

Here is the original off the bottom of my drivers door. It was about the best one I had left on the car, Both quarter stickers where both cracked. And hatch was unreadable from fading and cracking.

I am glad there are finally available. I hated nothing more than taping around them when I restored a car.

Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Re: Finally Correct Vin Stickers!

Post by Z282SLO »

Not a bad idea. In most situations, people that know these cars and are familiar with the VIN stickers will be able to tell brand new replacement stickers on a freshly restored car from originals that are nearly 25 years old. Of course, replacement stickers that look that look that good will also be used by unscrupulous sellers as well. As usual, it's buyer beware out there.

Bad idea - painting a BLACK Cobra RED. ;)
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

yeah im watching your new resto Aaron looks NICE!!! and RED is def better than the black... LOL
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
93Cobra#2771

Post by 93Cobra#2771 »

I'm assuming the new ones are like the old ones and will be destroyed if you try to remove them?
Window Sticker Reproduction Guy