CLUTCH HELP PLEASE!!!

Technical Tips, Tricks and Q & A
BLOWNVENOM

CLUTCH HELP PLEASE!!!

Post by BLOWNVENOM »

I was recently hurt in the military and can not use this clutch that is in this BlK 93 I just bought it is just way way to heavy .. can anyone get me suggestions im looking for a stock feel easy pedal pressure ... Im guessing this is centeforce dual friction maybe Not sure
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Re: CLUTCH HELP PLEASE!!!

Post by Z282SLO »

Z282SLO wrote:Just got my ride back from the performance shop. Went with a McLeod RST twin disc clutch and Fidanza billet aluminum flywheel. While they were in there, they also upgraded the throw out and pilot bearings with a Ford Racing throw out and Timken pilot bearing. What a difference over the stock parts! It's hard to believe, but this set-up can handle over 700hp, yet the engagement of the clutch couldn't be smoother and the pedal effort is ridiculously low! I can honestly say that in over 25 years I have not driven a Fox-body Mustang with a clutch as smooth and light as this before.
I had the above installed in my Cobra last year. It's a perfect set-up for what you're looking for.

The rest of my thread - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6970
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
Gecko86

Post by Gecko86 »

Any pics or info on the car you bought?
noac

Post by noac »

OEM is Valeo check Napa...
BLOWNVENOM

Post by BLOWNVENOM »

Gecko86 wrote:Any pics or info on the car you bought?
Was not Ignoring You just saw this its a Black one # 1353 .. After I buffed it out and cut the paint I was shocked Very Clean Other Then that it had Minor mods . Im running Brodix heads now 373s intake was ported and extrude honed pro chamber Pro m 77 30 lb injs a9L shit load of suspension work ...

BLOWNVENOM

Post by BLOWNVENOM »