vortech v3 sci crank pulley doesn't fit?

Technical Tips, Tricks and Q & A
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Re: vortech v3 sci crank pulley doesn't fit?

Post by Z282SLO »

Dixie789456 wrote:Actually that is only half true... The main reason it feels better is that it gets in and stays in the power band longer with the 3.73's. The vortech doesn't build much boost untill 3000 rpms and up. The 3.08's took forever the get to 3000 plus rpms vs the 3.73's. That is why the boost feels more "instant" than it did withe the 3.08's. I also never used the word lag... :roll: i also never said the amount of boost changed, just the way it comes about at a faster rate due to the gear change and staying in the power band. But please do go on like i know nothing about cars... I have only been doing this for over 20 years :wink:
Never meant to imply you know nothing about cars, Dixie. My apologies if it came across that way. However, regardless of which words you used or didn't use, or which words I did, my point was the 3.73 gears and not your particular Vortech setup are the reason you did say "holy shit balls it is so much better".

When asked how your car felt, you replied that "when it had 3.08's in it it was noticable, but not like I had hoped." With over 20 years of experience, what were you hoping for when supercharging a Cobra with barely any boost and changing nothing but the fuel pump, and leaving the stock gears?

jsmithgt500 wrote:I just don't see many stock based builds on cobras.
Dixie has been doing this for over 20 years. He can probably tell you why. ;)
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)