Power Windows Intermittently Inop

Technical Tips, Tricks and Q & A
Two Coupes

Power Windows Intermittently Inop

Post by Two Coupes »

Hey everyone, every now and then my windows don't respond to the switch. I never dig into it cause it usually is only momentary. I click the switch back and forth and up or down it goes finally. (It does seem like it only happens when it is actually raining or very humid. Probably coincidence...)

All three of my foxes have done this. What am I looking at? Switches, motors or other?

Thanks
WillyB93

Re: Power Windows Intermittently Inop

Post by WillyB93 »

Two Coupes wrote:Hey everyone, every now and then my windows don't respond to the switch. I never dig into it cause it usually is only momentary. I click the switch back and forth and up or down it goes finally. (It does seem like it only happens when it is actually raining or very humid. Probably coincidence...)

All three of my foxes have done this. What am I looking at? Switches, motors or other?

Thanks
The problem is the switch has collected a gunk on the connections, you can tear the switch apart and clean them. It is a very tedious job, or just find replacements. I had the same issue with my yellow feature car I sold.
93 Black on black sunroof #1835
04 Comp. Orange Coupe #348
93 Reef Blue SSP LX Coupe (SOLD)
91 Wild Strawberry Coupe (SOLD)
93 Teal and Black #1521 (SOLD)
93 Vibrant Red and Leather #3038 (SOLD)
04 Mystichrome Coupe #529 of #1010 (SOLD)
Two Coupes

Re: Power Windows Intermittently Inop

Post by Two Coupes »

Thanks for the reply. I will opt to replace...