Interior trim issue

Technical Tips, Tricks and Q & A
Doughrat19

Interior trim issue

Post by Doughrat19 »

Anyone ever have a problem with some screws pulling through interior plastic parts? I believe I tracked a terrible rattling noise to the hatch of the car. Right near the access to the right rear shocks one of the screws that holds the plastic panels in place actually pulled completely through the part. So now a big section of it vibrates around and rattles when I'm driving. I pulled the screw out and put it back with a little less pressure on the plastic but it still popped through again eventually. I ordered a couple random screws from NPD that supposedly have a little washer attached to them. Was gonna try one of those but was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and did something else to fix.

Thanks,

Matt
Teal/Blk #230 - My First Mustang!
1986Browns

Re: Interior trim issue

Post by 1986Browns »

You'll have that...it's a Ford built in the 90s, designed in the 80s, using 70s build practices! :lol:
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

1986Browns wrote:You'll have that...it's a Ford built in the 90s, designed in the 80s, using 70s build practices! :lol:
Remember Ford's marketing back in the day? "Quality is Job One". HA HA HA HA!!! :D
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
Doughrat19

Post by Doughrat19 »

So far the news crew is working like a charm, only time will tell...
Teal/Blk #230 - My First Mustang!