Refinish wheels

Technical Tips, Tricks and Q & A
Mystic1199

Refinish wheels

Post by Mystic1199 »

hey guys been a while since I last posted but just picked up a set of 93 wheels . previous owner started stripping the paint off them with some paint stripper well wasn't a good job as the wheels still have paint on them .

The center caps are find still alloy looking he didn't touch them .

My question is I want them to look as close to factory so I can use them on a fox project should I paint or powdercoat them ? they are in good but don't want to spend a fortune to make them look decent again .
93Cobra#2771

Re: Refinish wheels

Post by 93Cobra#2771 »

Mystic1199 wrote:hey guys been a while since I last posted but just picked up a set of 93 wheels . previous owner started stripping the paint off them with some paint stripper well wasn't a good job as the wheels still have paint on them .

The center caps are find still alloy looking he didn't touch them .

My question is I want them to look as close to factory so I can use them on a fox project should I paint or powdercoat them ? they are in good but don't want to spend a fortune to make them look decent again .

Paint will be the most accurate and most close to factory. IIRC, the powdercoat is a bit darker. Be careful removing the paint, as the rims under the paint aren't the smoothest in the world.
Window Sticker Reproduction Guy