E-Brake cable snapped on me last night

Technical Tips, Tricks and Q & A
Romo93

E-Brake cable snapped on me last night

Post by Romo93 »

No cables are hanging from under the car, I can see the snapped cable by the e-brake handle. I looked up the replacement cable and it looks to be a pain in the ass. Anyone done one recently on their Cobra? Just want to know if anyone has any tips / tricks.

I know I will have to remove the center counsel and plan on doing it at the same time I take the passenger seat out to install a stock amp under the seat. The part that looks like a PIA is setting the cable into the actual e-brake handle. Are the cables tucked just above the driveshaft?

:headbang:
1993 Black / Black Cobra #3929. V3 with a couple bolt-ons - 63,000 miles and counting....
69boss

Re: E-Brake cable snapped on me last night

Post by 69boss »

its not too bad but now that you have the hand brake cable apart it might be a good idea to think about an adjustable set up .. since our e brakes are not really adjustable in anyway the adjustment must be made with the cable if you could get the cable and put some wire clamps on it to be able to shorten or lengthen the cable it would not only make installation easier but it will also allow you to adjust the tension on the ebrakes as time goes on and the brakes pads start to wear.
Romo93

Re: E-Brake cable snapped on me last night

Post by Romo93 »

With all this Corona time on my hands I've been able to catch up on a ton of work to my 93.

Fixed the e-brake cable - had to order the short cable from the hand brake. Was a pain in the ass, but, all good now.

Changed out the T5 fluids
Changed the oil
Changed the V3 Vortech oil
detailed the interior
detailing the engine compartment
Removed the door panels and tightened up the Map-pockets and installed all new plastic fasteners.
Next up - detailing the underside... :headbang:
1993 Black / Black Cobra #3929. V3 with a couple bolt-ons - 63,000 miles and counting....