Big Heater problem

Technical Tips, Tricks and Q & A
OLLETT

Big Heater problem

Post by OLLETT »

I have a question or two for anybody that has had a problem with this. I think my blankedy blank heater core is leaking. And as you know I have alot of work on my hands if i'm going to do it myself. But the thing that puzzled me was how I discovered the leak. I didn't find my floor board wet or the smell it in my vent. I found it coming out of my firewall dripping on the exhaust. The leak was coming out of a grommet or plug that looked like it had a hose or pipe that was cut flush with the firewall. I was thinking this was some kind of a drain but maybe I'm wrong. Does anybody know about or has experienced this?
black93svt

Post by black93svt »

That drain is there so it doesn't leak on your carpet and rust out your floor boards. You definitely have a bad heater core and yes they are a pain to change!

Good luck.
93 Cobra Teal #574 Sold
93 Cobra Black #3503 Sold

Looking for one again!
OLLETT

Post by OLLETT »

Thanks, I was thinking that but wasn't sure. Any ideas on who makes the best quality heater cores? I was thinking of going back with OE but if there was a better choice i'll do that. From the instructions I've seen to replace it I know I only want to do this once.
black93svt

Post by black93svt »

Honestly I don't think any brand is better than another. Hopefully the new one will last another 13 years.
93 Cobra Teal #574 Sold
93 Cobra Black #3503 Sold

Looking for one again!