'92 Mustang MK1 SAAC #40 EBAY BIN:$38k

Discussion of other year SVT Cobra's
BrettT

'92 Mustang MK1 SAAC #40 EBAY BIN:$38k

Post by BrettT »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992-For ... 2a20bb6e47

I am selling my cherished 1992 SAAC Ford Mustang MK1. I own two national automotive service franchises and am a professional auto mechanic and have maintained this car in excellent condition. This car is number 40 in a total production of 65 cars built exclusively for Shelby American Automobile Club members. This car was originally owned by a sanctioned race car driver for Shelby American and I am the second owner. The car has been kept in a climate controlled garage and has only about 11,200 miles. These cars were appraised at $42,000 in 2004 and will continue to appreciate. I am the registrar of the Shelby American Automobile Club for these cars and they are in latest Shelby Registry.

These cars were developed with the help of Ford Motor Co. to introduce the GT40 motor package and get everything through Federal Emissions Standards in one package as opposed to each piece separately. This saved Ford money and allowed SAAC Car Company to introduce a proven dyno-tested 295 horsepower 302. SVO helped with five lug 12 inch front brakes and 13 inch rear disc brakes and other little tricks to help build a really Hot Mustang before anybody but tuners built such things. The initial response for these cars was so strong that Ford took note and came out with the Cobra in 1993 and prematurely ended the production of these cars. Some of the one off custom parts that were actually produced with this car include:
• Front Brake Duct Kit (replacing fog lights)
• Fiberglass side skirts (eliminated fake scoops on all sides of GT)
• Shelby Strut Tower Brace
• Interior Chassis Stiffening Kit (4 point Roll bar)
• 5 lug 17” Simmons (Shelby) Racing wheels 7.5” wide front, 8” wide rear
• Koni H.D. adjustable gas Shocks
• Shelby H. D. Coil “variable rate” springs lowering ride height 11/4” in front and 1” in rear.
• Hurst H.D. Comp. short throw shifter
• Centerforce Heavy-Duty pressure plate
• 10.5” Heavy-Duty Clutch Disc
• GT 40 Aluminum Upper and Lower Intake w/ 1.65” runners and 65 mm throttle body
• EFI Hi-Flow EGR Spacer
• Shelby 1 5/8” Ceramic coated Shorty headers
• Shelby Stainless 2.5” mandrel bent exhaust system with specially designed Borla mufflers
• Shelby Under-drive pulleys for crankshaft, water pump and alternator reducing rpms 14%
• SVO GT 40 High Flow cast iron cylinder heads ported and polished
•“Shelby” SAAC aluminum Valve Covers and Manifold plate
• #identified oil filler cap made specifically for this car
• Shelby – SAAC interior package including embroidered leather front bucket/rear bench seats with diagonal stripes
• Shelby – SAAC Replacement door panels trimmed in black leather and embroidered with SAAC Logo
• Leather arm rest cover and shift boot as well as front and rear nylon cut-pile floor mats embroidered with SAAC logo
• Custom fitted poly-cotton tan car cover with Shelby SAAC logo and #identified embroidered on front.
• Custom leather duffle bag with SAAC logo and #identified embroidery
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

DB, here's your second car to fill that extra space in your new garage and kick the wifey and her car out. :wink:

Looks to be a really nice SAAC.
vinchez78
'93 Cobra Luhva

Post by vinchez78 »

Never driven an MK1 but I bet they are sweet!! Looks to be more rarer than the 93 COBRA,no?
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

very cool, but i do like the red one more.
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
plumcrazysrt

Post by plumcrazysrt »

I f'n LOVE this car I just can't bring myself to pay what he wants for it. I've owned one SAAC car and they handle beautifully. But only hardcore Ford guys know what they are.
2010 Shelby GT500 - Grabber Blue
2015 Stingray - Daytona Sunrise