WTB - 2004 Mystic conv (price point?)

Discussion of other year SVT Cobra's
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

WTB - 2004 Mystic conv (price point?)

Post by dbrennancobra »

Guys,
looking to buy within the next year or two a 2004 Mystichrome convertible. Looking for a complete stock one, NO mods, and under 30K miles... must be in near mint condition.

what price point should i be looking at this current time?
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
WillyB93

Post by WillyB93 »

I personally think the coupe prices are higher then the convertibles, which is weird cause it was opposite when the first came out. A lower mileage bone stock convertible with like 30k miles should be around the. 20k-22k mark. Give it some time and they will get cheaper especially when the inflation comes off the 2013 shelbys. IMO
93 Black on black sunroof #1835
04 Comp. Orange Coupe #348
93 Reef Blue SSP LX Coupe (SOLD)
91 Wild Strawberry Coupe (SOLD)
93 Teal and Black #1521 (SOLD)
93 Vibrant Red and Leather #3038 (SOLD)
04 Mystichrome Coupe #529 of #1010 (SOLD)
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

WillyB93 wrote:I personally think the coupe prices are higher then the convertibles, which is weird cause it was opposite when the first came out. A lower mileage bone stock convertible with like 30k miles should be around the. 20k-22k mark. Give it some time and they will get cheaper especially when the inflation comes off the 2013 shelbys. IMO
I know after talking with you, good advice for sure, i have a few leads in the NY area for 2 different conv. that i know of... so we will see. so around 20K...
aaronlstiles

Post by aaronlstiles »

WillyB93 wrote:I personally think the coupe prices are higher then the convertibles, which is weird cause it was opposite when the first came out. A lower mileage bone stock convertible with like 30k miles should be around the. 20k-22k mark. Give it some time and they will get cheaper especially when the inflation comes off the 2013 shelbys. IMO
OK will I have to say it, you are asking 21K for your 93 Cobra, but you are only pricing a 04 Mystic car at 22K. I don't know of anyone that would do a straight trade for a 93 for an 04.

If you looking for a 100% bone stock Mystic Vert, and I mean stock in MINT shape I would be ready to spend around 25K possibly a little more. They are getting very hard to find.
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

well it all depends on milage, but i agree between 21- 26K is what i was figuring with under 30,000 miles - stock and mint condition.
Mystic195

Post by Mystic195 »

aaronlstiles wrote:
OK will I have to say it, you are asking 21K for your 93 Cobra, but you are only pricing a 04 Mystic car at 22K. I don't know of anyone that would do a straight trade for a 93 for an 04.

If you looking for a 100% bone stock Mystic Vert, and I mean stock in MINT shape I would be ready to spend around 25K possibly a little more. They are getting very hard to find.

I have to agree with Will on this one. The Mystichrome Verts are a lot easier to find than coupes in stock condition. There have been a few listed lately in the low 20's. Now a coupe, that's a different story. The 93's seem to be a lot different in pricing and all over the place. It seems to go car by car. I think Will's car is priced right.
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

Mystic195 wrote:
aaronlstiles wrote:
I also agree with 21K for a clean 93 cobra teal/black combo seems good.

also i agree the termi cars are going to come down more in the next 3-4 years. I will get a mystic during this time. One just hit svt tonight around 35K miles convert stock for $24K. and i bet cash in hand it could get it for $22k.
just saying.
WillyB93

Post by WillyB93 »

aaronlstiles wrote:

You never know what someones intentions are if wanting to trade an 04 for a 93, It could happen. I threw out a rough figure to start, plus once the markup falls off the 2013's I see the 03/04 market to drop quickly. My asking price is what it is, it was a good starting point on what I am looking for out of the car. If it sells fine if it doesn't that's fine with me too. After all the interest after joking with Don, I figured I would give it a shot.
SPEEDFREEK

Post by SPEEDFREEK »

Everyone has said year after year the the 03-04's were going to come down after the introduction of a new GT500 and it hasnt happened yet. I dont think the 2013 will hurt the 03-04 cars. Low mile ones have been in the mid to low 20's for every.
89 Saleen SSC #168 10k miles
90 Saleen Vert #93 26k miles
92 Cobra Prototype 8k miles
93 Cobra #3032 Teal/gray cloth 6k miles
93 Cobra #3620 Black/Gray leather 12k miles
93 Cobra #4993 Teal/Gray Leather
93 Yellow SE 5spd, 4k miles
93 5.0 coupe 19k miles
94 GT 7k miles
92 25th 1LE Z28 900 miles
aaronlstiles

Post by aaronlstiles »

Well, I recently sold a 03 Torch red with 4600 Miles for 27K I don't see the price on them dropping, if anything a Mint 03/04 is going up. I do agree that Verts are worth less. But when I say MINT I mean Mint drivers seat NO mods and paint just about flawless, you are not going to find a hard top or a Vert with those standards for 20, or even 22K. I have been in the 03/04 Marked sense they where NEW, and a Mint one still Brings a Premium Price.

As for a teal with Black cloth, I guess I sold the one I had WAY to cheap if everyone thins 21K for on with 24K miles is a good deal. Sorry Guys sticking to my guns with this one. I love my 93's but something about a 03/04 Supercharged car!
Last edited by aaronlstiles on Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trackpilot

Post by trackpilot »

aaronlstiles wrote: As for a teal with Black cloth, I guess I sold the one I had WAY to cheap if everyone thins 22K for on with 30K miles is a good deal.
I think your teal/black was priced right. Anyone can put a price on anything. Doesn't mean it will sell.
-Brian

On the hunt again...
Looking for a very nice all stock driver Red with NO Sunroof car!!!
WillyB93

Post by WillyB93 »

aaronlstiles wrote:Well, I recently sold a 03 Torch red with 4600 Miles for 27K I don't see the price on them dropping, if anything a Mint 03/04 is going up. I do agree that Verts are worth less. But when I say MINT I mean Mint drivers seat NO mods and paint just about flawless, you are not going to find a hard top or a Vert with those standards for 20, or even 22K. I have been in the 03/04 Marked sense they where NEW, and a Mint one still Brings a Premium Price.

As for a teal with Black cloth, I guess I sold the one I had WAY to cheap if everyone thins 21K for on with 24K miles is a good deal. Sorry Guys sticking to my guns with this one. I love my 93's but something about a 03/04 Supercharged car!
You must have sold the teal black you had way too cheap since this is like the 5th time you said it. Plus that car had 10k more miles then mine, like I said earlier was a good starting point never said I was going to get that amount out of it, not gonna complain if I do though. You are in it to make a dollar on the cars you buy nothing wrong with that by anymeans, but I have never bashed your asking prices so don't bash mine!

The 03/04 coupes will always bring a decent chunk of change especially a torch red coupe, one of the more desirable colors. What color inserts? Maybe I was off a little on the convertible prices in your opinion, but you are trying to compare prices on low mileage mint cars to cars with more miles. I watch everyday prices of these cars and that seems to me what they are moving for IMO!
aaronlstiles

Post by aaronlstiles »

Will, Not trying to beat you up on your asking price, I was just kind of shocked when you put a Low mile mint Mystic car at a 21K to 22K value. You are free to ask what you whant, it is your car. And you may find someone to buy it.

As for the one I sold, it had a few more miles, but I am very certen it was just as Nice, I do know it was just as clean and looked just as nice. Heck the drive shaft didn't even have any rust on it.

The OP asked for opinions on prices, Comparing a 93 to a 04 is apples to oranges. I DO NOT price Mystic Drivers a high prices, but he is LOOKING for a MINT car, not a Average driver car. So to me that would mean Looking at Spending at least 25K plus.

As for the Torch red I sold, it had Gray Inserts, car was as New as you would find, Never been touched, I couldn't even bring myself to sit in the car, didn't want to wrinkle the leather, LOL.

Again man, no hard feelings, and not busting on you, some people just get kind of sensitive when you compare something they own to another kind of car. Nothing personal. Lets get back on topic
Mystic195

Post by Mystic195 »

dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

yes i have seen this one already on SVT and ebay (listed last night). Its nice, wish i had the funds.

Guys.. im not trying to start any argument over cars on here. So what im taking on this, i should expect to spend atleast 23-27K. thats fine, but i really had no idea on a price point. thanks for everyones input.

oh and Aaron i really did think your teal/black no defrost was priced REALLY good, if not maybe a little less that i think you could of got for it.

but anyways good luck with sale WillyB. Honestly i think your car is at the 19.5K price point (NO LESS), if someone was looking for a teal/black original low milage car.