Pre-Production Boss

Discussion of other year SVT Cobra's
trackpilot

Pre-Production Boss

Post by trackpilot »

Found out that the Boss had pre-productions built the same as the 93 Cobra did. Supposedly they only built 12 of them and only 3 have been realeased to the public. One is on ebay right now. Pretty cool. It has a build date of 10/10 which was super early for a 2012 car!
http://forums.themustangsource.com/f813 ... ar-515705/

Ebay link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mus ... 2ec358a8fd
-Brian

On the hunt again...
Looking for a very nice all stock driver Red with NO Sunroof car!!!
plumcrazysrt

Post by plumcrazysrt »

Very interesting. I'd be leary since the car was probably wailed on by Ford and media. I love the Bosses though, thinking of selling the teal and buying one. :?
2010 Shelby GT500 - Grabber Blue
2015 Stingray - Daytona Sunrise
aaronlstiles

Post by aaronlstiles »

I'd love to have that car, look at the build date, 10/10! that's crazy. And I am pretty sure the intake is not numbered cause it is a Pre-production Boss, so it would't have a number. the number one car was sold to public, so these would probably fall into the prototype class.

Selling your teal already man?
SPEEDFREEK

Post by SPEEDFREEK »

Same exact story as my Prototype. My buck tag says PP1 functional test unit on it just like that Boss. And Aaron is probably right it isnt #'d because it was built before Job 1. Just like mine isnt a #'d Cobra.
89 Saleen SSC #168 10k miles
90 Saleen Vert #93 26k miles
92 Cobra Prototype 8k miles
93 Cobra #3032 Teal/gray cloth 6k miles
93 Cobra #3620 Black/Gray leather 12k miles
93 Cobra #4993 Teal/Gray Leather
93 Yellow SE 5spd, 4k miles
93 5.0 coupe 19k miles
94 GT 7k miles
92 25th 1LE Z28 900 miles
plumcrazysrt

Post by plumcrazysrt »

aaronlstiles wrote:I'd love to have that car, look at the build date, 10/10! that's crazy. And I am pretty sure the intake is not numbered cause it is a Pre-production Boss, so it would't have a number. the number one car was sold to public, so these would probably fall into the prototype class.

Selling your teal already man?

I'd love to have a green Boss, but I want to keep the Shelby. So the teal would have to go. We'll see.
trackpilot

Post by trackpilot »

plumcrazysrt wrote:Very interesting. I'd be leary since the car was probably wailed on by Ford and media. I love the Bosses though, thinking of selling the teal and buying one. :?
Yeah too bad it has 30k miles on it already.
Man you just bought your teal and you already want to sell it? haha I'm in the same boat though. I'm pretty sure mine will be for sale soon. But not sure if i'm gonna get a Boss or a C6 Z06??? I can get a used '12 Boss for $35k or an '08 Z06 for $43k. So that's a pretty big price difference...
-Brian

On the hunt again...
plumcrazysrt

Post by plumcrazysrt »

trackpilot wrote:
plumcrazysrt wrote:Very interesting. I'd be leary since the car was probably wailed on by Ford and media. I love the Bosses though, thinking of selling the teal and buying one. :?
Man you just bought your teal and you already want to sell it? haha I'm in the same boat though. I'm pretty sure mine will be for sale soon. But not sure if i'm gonna get a Boss or a C6 Z06??? I can get a used '12 Boss for $35k or an '08 Z06 for $43k. So that's a pretty big price difference...

Not for sale quite yet just kicking the idea around. Still owe a few bucks on my Shelby. I almost bought a Z06 instead of my Shelby. They are rocketships but yes quite expensive even used.
trackpilot

Post by trackpilot »

plumcrazysrt wrote:
trackpilot wrote:

Not for sale quite yet just kicking the idea around. Still owe a few bucks on my Shelby. I almost bought a Z06 instead of my Shelby. They are rocketships but yes quite expensive even used.
Here's an idea. Sell the teal and the Shelby. And buy a Z06 and a Boss. Now that'd be a garage to have! lol
Yeah Z06 prices just don't seem to drop at all. And i've been looking at em for the past couple years. Hopefully after the C7's come out next year... The only problem with those are they tend to like to drop valves and grenade the engines which has me very leary about buying one.
-Brian

On the hunt again...
plumcrazysrt

Post by plumcrazysrt »

trackpilot wrote:
plumcrazysrt wrote:
trackpilot wrote: Yeah too bad it has 30k miles on it already.

Here's an idea. Sell the teal and the Shelby. And buy a Z06 and a Boss. Now that'd be a garage to have! lol
Yeah Z06 prices just don't seem to drop at all. And i've been looking at em for the past couple years. Hopefully after the C7's come out next year... The only problem with those are they tend to like to drop valves and grenade the engines which has me very leary about buying one.
I don't think I could part with the Shelby. It's my favorite car of all I've owned. I've had it over a year and sometimes I still find myself just staring at it. LOL.
93 Venom

Post by 93 Venom »

plumcrazysrt wrote:
trackpilot wrote:
plumcrazysrt wrote:
I don't think I could part with the Shelby. It's my favorite car of all I've owned. I've had it over a year and sometimes I still find myself just staring at it. LOL.
X2, I feel the same about mine too, must be in our blood!
93 cobra #4464 Red / Gray Cloth / Sunroof
2011 GT500 Race Red/ silver strips/ Glassroof
69 vert Mustang Candy apple red / white Top
82 GT T-Tops (SOLD)
91 5.0 LX (SOLD)
04 Mach 1 Screaming Yellow (SOLD)
JohnLynch

Post by JohnLynch »

you definitley have car ADD :lol:
93 Cobra Teal/Gray #3223 -Stock (Borla catback)

*various other 93 cobras, #15, #4105, #2587, #539
#2381, #4724, #298, #1153 RIP
plumcrazysrt

Post by plumcrazysrt »

JohnLynch wrote:
you definitley have car ADD :lol:
Oh yeah it's terrible, haha. I like the chase more than owning them. I get it from my father he's the same way. I'm not a dealer so it gets expensive titling, registering, and insuring them. But I love cars so if I can break even on most of them I'm happy.