JohnLynch

2003 Cobra Vert 27k miles $21k

Post by JohnLynch »

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/4562050271.html

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Convertible

27,xxx miles (not a typo)

4.6 liter V8 Supercharged

6-speed Manual Transmission

Oxford White w/ Parchment Top (1 of 134 in 2003)

Gray Leather / Parchment Suede Interior

NC-Legal Window Tinting

All SVT certificate/documents, original bill of sale, owners manual and maintenance records!

Sophistication, luxury, and refinement. . . if these are the words you're thinking of for your next car, this Cobra is not for you. Move along.

Raw, powerful, and American muscle. . . now, you're looking at the right car.

I won't go into details about the factory specification; if you are looking at a 2003 / 2004 Cobra, you already know and you're just looking for the right one. Well, mine's pretty perfect in my opinion. Never thought that I would own a convertible. But after one test drive with the top down and hearing the supercharger whine, it sealed the deal.

It is extra clean and a non-smoker vehicle. Runs strong, shifts and rides smoothly. The car is unmolested. No pulley/tune, no ported blower, etc. It's not a turn-back-to-stock. I had a Bassani catback exhaust for 10 days. I hated the drone at highway speeds, so it was taken off and sold quickly.

I bought this Cobra back in 2011 with full intention of modifying it and "making it my own." I wanted start with the usual pulley/tune and go from there to IRS upgrade, supercharger or turbocharger kit upgrade, full-length subframe connectors, etc. I wanted to start with a clean slate, so I only looked at stock powertrain cars only with extremely low miles.

My priorities changed over the years and I didn't get to do any of these things. I was spending money on home improvements and vacations, rather than modifying the car. I am getting old, perhaps. As the time went on, I almost felt bad to do all those things to such a mint car. It is one of the reasons why I am considering selling it. I am looking for the right buyer who will appreciate the condition, mileage, etc. So, if you're looking for a higher-mileage, modified Cobra "on the cheap", this isn't the right car for you.

I wouldn't hesitate to drive to California (or Alaska!) and back. I have a 3-ring binder with all of the records/receipts that I would be glad to show and pass it on to the next owner. I also have a copy of a clean Autocheck report showing no accidents and continuously low miles. Some of the recent things I'd like to mention from the binder are:

- Mobil 1 synthetic oil change every 3000 miles or 12 months with PureOne "Gold" filter

- Falken FK453 high performance tires

- Battery (OEM unit lasted 10+ years!)

- Fuel filter (people always forget this)

- Drivetrain upgrades including; Ford Racing TOB, Ford Racing Flywheel, billet forged TOB sleeve, ACT clutch kit, transmission fluid, UPR firewall adjust/quadrant.

You don't have to worry about the infamous T56 throw-out bearing squeal with Cobras. I got it all upgraded/replaced at 19k miles because I couldn't handle the noise!

I will also include several oil filters, miscellaneous billet aluminum trim pieces, and other vehicle items in a box with the sale.

As you can see from the mileage and condition, it is not a daily driver. It has been garaged daily and when it was parked outside, it always had a windshield reflector cover to protect the dash (insert Ford plastic jokes here). Inspections are welcomed and encouraged. I will allow test drive for a serious buyer, at my discretion. It has been fully detailed (clay bar and all) professionally recently.

Please keep in mind that you may not be able to finance this vehicle due to its model year. Check with your bank first and have it all figured out so you don't waste your or my time. Already had two "buyers" that couldn't seal the deal because of their loan. Clean NC title on hand for easy transaction.

** NO TRADES** I don't want your F250 or a foxbody. :) No stupid offers over the phone please. How can I take you seriously on an offer without taking a look at the car? Thanks for looking!

No Trades.
93 Cobra Teal/Gray #3223 -Stock (Borla catback)

*various other 93 cobras, #15, #4105, #2587, #539
#2381, #4724, #298, #1153 RIP