October 2013 - Georgia Snake

A section devoted to a member and his cobra , selected monthly
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

October 2013 - Georgia Snake

Post by dbrennancobra »

I would like to Congratulate BILL MILLER "Georgia Snake" for his beauty of a 92 Mustang Convertible! and his contributions to this site. We have all enjoyed reading the info on his car. And he has also had his car featured in a magazine just recently. Congrats again and welcome to the 93 cobra site!

Name:Bill Miller "Georgia Snake"
State: GA
Years within mustang/show cars hobby: I have been into the Mustangs as a hobby since I owned my first and joined the Mustang Club of Charleston (SC) sponsored by Jones Ford in 1977.

Career: I am an A&P (Airframe & Powerplant) Aircraft Mechanic. In my career I have been mechanic, Inspector, Flight Mechanic & Maintenance Controller - Currently forced into an early retirement due to suffering a major Heart Attack & Stroke on 07/28/13

Personal interest outside of mustangs: I am into Cowboy Weaponry Shooting with the Single Action Shooters Society (SASS), My Family (Wife, 5 kids all grown and moved out), and my 9 Grand kids

What other cars (currently) and or had in the past? collector cars
Aside from my 1992 Convertible I now own these are what I have had in the past:
a) 1965 Mustang Notchback Coupe - Daily driver at one time & became a Show car & autocross car - Majorly Modified - 250 cu. in. engine also majorly modified
b) 1966 Mustang GT 2+2 - "K" code 289 HiPo engine - 4 speed - Not as collectable as it would seem, very rusty - was a daily driver
c) 1967 MGB "Roadster" - removable Hardtop - Fun Car at the time - My first "Topless" car
d) 1973 Maverick Grabber - Best $500 I ever spent on a car - Owned from 1989 to 1998 - Daily driver - 250 cu. in. 6 cylinder/Auto - Car is now in the William
Howard Taft Museum in Cincinnati, OH
e) 1995 Thunderbird - 4.6 V-8/Auto - Daily Driver
f) 1992 Mustang Convertible - My present car - My 'Toy" & show car - still researching my Mustangs very interesting history as I can - Low Mileage
g) 2002 Sport Trac - My Daily driver - Purchased in Florida in 2012 - Well maintained by its only other owner, I got a great deal

Do you do car shows? cruises? etc? how do you enjoy your ride?
I currently and I also have in the past attended as many car shows as my work schedule would allow for me to do. Same with cruises and other automotive events.
Currently I am the Event Coordinator for the Georgia area for Elitestangs a National Mustang Club organization. I do still occasionally attend a SCCA Solo 2 or Autocross event..

Family history - how you got into this hobby/car collecting?
I am originally from Tennessee. I have lived there, Charleston, SC, Chicago, IL, Southern CA, Wilmington & Fayetteville, NC, Dale Hollow area of KY, and currently live in Columbus GA. My Wife Debi is originally from Upstate NY. Between us we have 5 kids all on their own (3 girls & 2 boys) & 9 Grand Kids (6 boys & 3 girls)

MUSTANG car info:
I got into Mustangs when my parents bought my first car, the 1965 Mustang that became my autocross racer, in 1977. Been into them ever since. I am a 3rd generation Ford owner and my son is the 4th.
Current Car info: 1992 Mustang Convertible - VIN has it as an LX - Its history as I know it and as the document trail is continuing to show is it was a part of a rather quickly put together Promotional the conclusion of the 1992 model year, sponsored by 10 different dealerships across the country and sanctioned by Ford and the SVT Department - My Mustang wears GT ground effects and is badged as "Cobra" and wears other 1993 Cobra parts and accessories. So it would seem since it is a dealership modification for the promotion it was a part of, that is what makes it a LX/GT/Cobra blend if you will. Its just unique.

How did you find this Mustang and how did you get it home:
I found my Convertible when I lived in the Dale Hollow area of KY. It was at a used car lot, Kogars Used Cars, where a Mr. Kogar bought and restored cars of particular interest (usually Fords). He did this using all Ford parts from Ford of the recognized OEM dealers (he was a rather obsessive, compulsive and opinionated individual but also a nice older man. I first looked at my Convertible when it was 98% complete on its restoration and was about to buy a Yellow 93 Limited Edition when I came to his place again and he had just painted and installed the replacement Premium Sound optioned Stereo he had been waiting "forever for" as I remember him saying. I saw the Black and it being lower on the mileage (10,200 in March 1988 on a 1992 Convertible), I bought my present Black Convertible instead. Mr Kogar relayed what he knew of my Mustangs history and gave me the mailing address to it's original owner. I had contact with the original owner back in 1998 and he furnished me with some of the documentation I now have that he had kept in his files.

What would be your next car to add to the stable?
Doubt I will have a next car. Not selling the Convertible and I tend to hang onto my cars a long time

Shout-out to members:
I would like to recognize everyone on the registry site. Yes Everyone. The Ride of the Month thing has really surprised me. Floored me in fact and I mean that in a good way. We here have a good thing going with our Mustangs. We are lucky to have them no matter how they are equipped. Mustangs have a following like no other car. I am now old enough to have seen what I mean and can attest to on that topic. If you live someplace where it is big enough to support car clubs it like this. Car clubs come and go. The Camaro club, the Porsche clubs, the Hot Rod Clubs come and stay a while and are gone. But the Mustang clubs seem to always stick around. Always an interest.

Photos:

CONGRATS AGAIN!
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Re: October 2013 - Georgia Snake

Post by dbrennancobra »

Congrats man, and nice story!
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

congrats Bill! nice work DB :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:
vinchez78
'93 Cobra Luhva

Post by vinchez78 »

Congrats Snake, let me know when you want to get a convoy of just stangs to cruise around Columbus :drive:
BLK on Leather
Georgia Snake

Post by Georgia Snake »

Thanks once again for the selection. Vin I will let you know. If you are interested there is an Elitestangs get together this Sun in Stockbridge GA that I am going to. I will be putting together some monthly cruise-ins here in Columbus GA at Cooks Hotdogs. I will definitely be talking the registry up and promoting it as best I can. I will post any events that I know of that will be coming up as well weather or not I plan on attending the event myself just so everyone will know and be able to plan attending if they wish. :beer: :wavey:

Bill "The Snake"

Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

1993cobra wrote:congrats Bill! nice work DB :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:
X2. Bill, you have to be one of the very few to have owned a car now in a presidential museum. Nice.
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
Georgia Snake

Post by Georgia Snake »

Z, that was a complete fluke on the Maverick. They told me they were going to use it in the museum by cutting it in half. I told them politely with a little joking inflection to my voice to stop or else I would not sell them the car, LOL

The Snake

93svt#2779

Post by 93svt#2779 »

Congratulations Snake! Nice Vert man! 8)
#2779 Black/Grey 167k
POOBLAH
site grease monkey

Post by POOBLAH »

Congrats and welcome sir!
Cobra #11
Sunday driver in fair weather.

"Passion: there are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."
Murph

Post by Murph »

Congrats Snake!
Black/Black #4723 SOLD
12' Black Taurus SHO
Georgia Snake

Post by Georgia Snake »

Thanks Poo, Murph, and #2779. I appreciate it.

The Snake

Romo93

Post by Romo93 »

Congratulations!! :headbang:
1993 Black / Black Cobra #3929. V3 with a couple bolt-ons - 63,000 miles and counting....