JUNE 2013 - Z282SLO

A section devoted to a member and his cobra , selected monthly
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

JUNE 2013 - Z282SLO

Post by dbrennancobra »

Congratulations to Rob Levicoff (Z282SLO) for JUNE Car Member of the month!

Get to know memeber:
Name: Rob Levicoff
State: New Jersey
Years within mustang/show cars hobby: 27
Career: Attorney. Prior to my law career, I was in sales and marketing, including car sales for one of the largest Ford dealerships on the East Coast. From a Cobra perspective, I started selling when the 305-hp DOHC motor was SVT's finest and left car sales when the 390-hp Terminator was the baddest Mustang around. When I decided to change careers, some people would ask, "Why do you want to become a lawyer? They have such a bad reputation!" I would reply, "I'm a car salesman, so my reputation has nowhere to go but up."

Personal interest outside of mustangs:
Spending time with my wonderful wife and little girl and preparing for the newest addition to our family - a baby boy due to arrive in early September. Also love to travel and I'm an avid Philadelphia sports fan.

Family history - how you got into this hobby/car collecting?
I remember helping my Dad wash his car, change the oil, rotate the tires, etc. when I was young and going to countless car shows with him as I grew older. He used to tell me stories about his modded '51 Plymouth and his '58 Chevy Impala convertible and how much he wished he kept those cars. I met many guys at these shows who fondly recalled the cars of their youth and wished they still had them. I promised myself that I wouldn't have that regret and I would keep a car from my youth for my family and I to enjoy over the years. Before I found #3754, I planned to do this with my '89 GT and when I was dating the beautiful girl who became my wife, I made it a point to let her know the Mustang was part of the package. She was fine with that, of course!

1993 car info:
#3754, black w/leather, CD, power seat, rear defrost. 46K miles. Extensive mods including polished Vortech V-2 SQ Si (10 lbs), Vortech T-Rex external fuel pump, Edelbrock 255 in-tank fuel pump, Ford Racing 42# injectors, BBK adjustable FPR, PMAS 80mm MAF w/K&N filter, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK off-road H Pipe, Flowmaster 40 mufflers, Flowmaster 2.5” tailpipes, Pro 5.0 shifter, Ford Racing aluminum driveshaft, 3.55 gears, LPW Racing rear differential cover, Taylor 409 Pro Race wires, MSD blaster TFI coil & boost timing, Fluidyne high-performance radiator, slotted front rotors, Steeda full-length welded subframe connectors, BBK strut tower-cowl brace, Steeda billet-aluminum caster camber plates, Tokico Illumina 5-position adjustable front struts & rear shocks, Bilstein rear axle dampers, Steeda upper & lower rear control arms, 17” x 8” chrome ’95 Cobra-R wheels w/P245/45ZR17 Nitto NT555 Extreme ZR tires. Interior mods include Autometer gauges on the A-pillar, Ford Racing white-face gauge cluster, Corbeau TRS front seats in black leather with matching black leather rear seating surfaces, black floor/hatch carpeting, aluminum door sill plates, Steeda billet-aluminum footrest & pedals and Ford Racing aluminum shift knob.

On the dyno - 389 RWHP @5400 rpm, 397 RWTQ @4500 rpm.
On the street - 4.1 sec (0-60); 12.4 @ 117 (1/4 mi).

How did you find this 93 cobra and how did you get it home:finding it, how you got it, how you got it home, etc.

Soon after I purchased my '89 GT, I had a few mods done including an all-black paint job, switch to 16" pony wheels, installation of a '93 Cobra rear bumper w/LX-style tailpipes, off-road H-pipe, Flowmasters and 3.55 gears. That provided enough extra performance and unique looks (especially w/the Cobra bumper) to keep me pleased for a couple of years until I got into the car business. I then got to drive a co-worker's supercharged 92' LX coupe and could not believe how much performance was possible from the Fox-body cars. I always promised myself I was going to modify my Mustang that way, but never got around to it. Fast forward 15 years ...

In the late summer of 2011, I was contemplating a new paint job for my '89 which was starting to show its age and decided to sign up for Autotrader alerts on a whim just to see what Fox-body Mustangs were being newly listed nearby. Nothing grabbed my attention until an alert for #3754 popped up.

I know these cars real well and from the pictures alone I realized the seller had something special (it also had about half the miles of my '89, was my favorite color and was a Cobra!). The best thing was that it had been modified in a way that was so close to what I thought of doing over the years to my '89 that it was scary. I drove two and a half hours on a Friday afternoon in October to see the car and almost instantly knew I wanted it. The hardest thing for me was keeping my poker face on during the test drive because if the seller could see my enthusiasm, he probably would have raised his selling price.

Unfortunately, the seller and I did not come to terms that day and the hardest part of the whole deal was driving home worrying that the car would get sold to someone else. Luckily, this sale was meant to be and less than a month later, the deal was closed. I needed to borrow an empty minivan just to get the original seats, wheels/tires and boxes of other parts the seller had. Of course, I drove the Cobra home with a smile on my face the entire trip.

By the way DB, I got my Cobra on 11/12/11, less than two weeks after you got yours.

Also do you do car shows (how many a year)? cruises? etc? How do you enjoy your ride?
I couldn't ask for a better car to fulfill my promise of keeping a fun car from my younger days. It has the classic late 80s-early 90s muscle car looks with 2013 performance. The Cobra is used for cool nights, Sunday morning drives, car shows, and the occasional very long trip to the grocery store. It's also setting a very nice track record at local car shows. I've displayed it at 9 shows so far and won 7 trophies. If I ever get the time, I plan to participate in some local cruises. My father-in-law has a '78 Datsun 280Z, and we occasionally display the cars together which is a lot of fun.

Other Mustangs or Fast fords:
My first Mustang was an '84 LX with the 3.8L V6 option. As a newer driver, I thought my ride was decent enough until one night when a buddy of mine took me for a ride in his '88 LX 5.0 on a fairly deserted two-lane road. That ride was all I needed. Within three months, I had found a bright red '86 GT and I've been driving V8 Mustangs ever since. After the '86, I had the '89 GT (which is hopefully still providing smiles to the family that drove 7 hours to get it shortly after I got my Cobra).

My stint in car sales made it real easy to personally own only a few Mustangs. I can't count how many '96-'03 GTs, Cobras, Saleens, Roushs, etc. I was fortunate to get behind the wheel of over the years. Of course, if I knew Ford was going to produce the Coyote 5.0, the Boss 302, Shelby GT500s, etc. I may have stayed in the auto business.

What would be your next car to add to the stable?
The most bad-ass car back in the day when I first got my license - an '87 GNX.

Shout-out to members:
Special thanks to vinchez78 and escogt for their nominations (they know what I'm talking about).

Also, many kudos to Kevin and the moderators for running such an enjoyable site. And of course, thanks to DB for selecting my ride for Car of the Month.

And last, but certainly not least, a shout-out to my fellow registry members, whose comments, insights, pictures, etc. make this registry such a fun addition to owning a '93 Cobra. There are a lot of websites I could devote my precious hobby time to, but this one's the best.

Videos & Photos of this awesome ride!

Exterior/Interior - [youtube]QmLITDs4hb8[/youtube]

Engine - [youtube]ARJOZ-5CGv8[/youtube]

Driveway - [youtube]xKx0_MeuFHA[/youtube]

On the Road - [youtube]cUGmj3EVHyE[/youtube]

again congrats to Z282SLO for a wonderful ride and dedication to this site.
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Re: JUNE 2013

Post by dbrennancobra »

Congrats man!
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
93svt#2779

Post by 93svt#2779 »

Congratulations Z!! :beer: Much Deserved!! :drinks:
#2779 Black/Grey 167k
escogt
Fox Mustang Enthusiast

Post by escogt »

93svt#2779 wrote:Congratulations Z!! :beer: Much Deserved!! :drinks:
X2!! Congrats man!! You deserve it!!
'85GT Bright Atlantic Blue (K7)
'92LX Bimini Blue (K3)
'93COBRA #1521 Teal/Black (RD) SOLD
'93COBRA #163 Black/Gray leather (UA) M.I.A.
twocarnuts

Post by twocarnuts »

Congrats!!!
1993 Teal Cobra #2803
1993 Yellow/Blk Feature
1993 Calypso Metallic Green SSP Coupe
1993 Royal Blue GT hatch (sold)
1990 Ultra Blue GT hatch (rip)
1992 Wild Strawberry GT vert (sold)
1992 Blk/Blk LX hatch (sold)
1990 Black LX vert (sold)
1998 Atlantic Blue Cobra coupe (sold)
1990 Limited vert (rip)
Romo93

Post by Romo93 »

Wow! Congratulations Zzzzz. Nice write up for a nice car!!

A lawyer, huh? It's fun getting to know more about the members on this site. Very nice looking modded Black.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

PS: What part of the law do you practice?
1993 Black / Black Cobra #3929. V3 with a couple bolt-ons - 63,000 miles and counting....
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

congratulations Z! and another great job by DB !
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

Congrats Z!
Thanks for all you knowledgeable insight on these cars and supporting the site! :headbang:
Also, thanks to you, Romo, and others for really bringing to the for front the acceptance, and enthusiasm towards NICELY blown modded '93 cobra's to the forum. :drive: :beer:
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Romo93 wrote: What part of the law do you practice?
Civil defense litigation. In other words, I do battle with the ambulance chasers! :lol:
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
vinchez78
'93 Cobra Luhva

Post by vinchez78 »

Hell ya Z congrats for member of tha month well deserved, and for baby Z!! :drinks:
BLK on Leather
jstanley55

Post by jstanley55 »

Congrats Z! Bad ass car man!!
And congrats on the little one that's on the way! Little ones are amazing!
#4993 Teal/Leather
#168 '89 Saleen SSC
#1848 Red/Leather (sold)
#4532 Black/Black (sold)
POOBLAH
site grease monkey

Post by POOBLAH »

Nice sir!
Cobra #11
Sunday driver in fair weather.

"Passion: there are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."
JohnLynch

Post by JohnLynch »

Congrats nice story! :boobs:

Also cool with that fast ass cobra you can represent yourself for speeding tickets... :burnout:
93 Cobra Teal/Gray #3223 -Stock (Borla catback)

*various other 93 cobras, #15, #4105, #2587, #539
#2381, #4724, #298, #1153 RIP
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

JohnLynch wrote: Also cool with that fast ass cobra you can represent yourself for speeding tickets... :burnout:
HA! A nice perk that I hope to never have to use. And considering how many times I've had my ride well over the posted speed limit, I'm very grateful I've yet to see the dreaded "flashing lights" in the rearview. :lol:
03 COBRA Black with VMP
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

^^^

Well, I guess I jinxed myself with my last post! During a slightly overly enthusiastic cruise last night, I was approaching a black Dodge Charger that I decided to show off to. After blowing by the black Mopar, I was shocked to learn that our local police force is switching from their unmarked but easily recognizable Ford Crown Vics to unmarked Dodges when it rapidly pulled up behind me and its flashing lights came on. :evil:

Luckily for me, this story has a good ending. During my haste to hand the officer my paperwork and demonstrate my steadfast support for the men in blue, I handed him an FOP card that was several years out of date, forgetting that my up-to-date card was in my daily driver. When he returned, he informed me that my FOP card from 2010 was not having the desired effect but in the spirit of me being a local resident (I was pulled over less than 5 minutes from home) with a clean record, he gave me the "slow down next time" warning and sent me very happily on my way. 8)
03 COBRA Black with VMP