service books from Helms

Parts for sale or wanted specifically for the 1993 Mustang Cobra only.

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

fredmeiners

service books from Helms

Post by fredmeiners »

Was there a supplement JUST for the Cobra? Can the original radiator be repaired? Is it a big deal to replace the dash light dimmer switch? Who can repair the factory AM/FM CD player radio ...AND the radio has lots of ignition static !!
Any help would be appreciated! I just purchased #4521 teal-gray-roof,16K miles (I hope I stated that correctly)
Thanks - AvantiFred
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Re: service books from Helms

Post by Z282SLO »

Congratulations on your purchase! There was no separate Cobra supplement as part of the 93 Mustang manuals. The dimmer switch is the same in all Mustangs from 87-93 and any Ford dealer could likely install a replacement. As for that radio, the OEM unit leaves much to be desired and I would replace it with one that will actually work for more than a short time. However, if you're looking to keep the stock sound system, there is a thread somewhere on this site with info on repairing these units. Good luck and post a few pics of your new ride.
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
Goose17

Re: service books from Helms

Post by Goose17 »

Congrats on scoring a Teal 93!

I had my OEM CD radio unit repaired by a local DFW repair shop. I also bought a backup that needs to be repaired as well.
'11 GT500 FR750 2.9 Whipple, '04 Mystichrome Terminator vert, '02 Mustang GT, 00R, '93 Cobra #1447, '89 Mustang GT vert.