93 cobra r radiator ?

Parts for sale or wanted specifically for the 1993 Mustang Cobra only.

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

fstsvt03

93 cobra r radiator ?

Post by fstsvt03 »

I'm looking for a cobra r radiator and part numbers ? As well as the radiator cap any info would be appreciated thanks
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Re: 93 cobra r radiator ?

Post by Z282SLO »

My Mustang literature did not have the part# for the radiator in the R, other than mentioning the radiator was unique to the Fox cars and that the R engine's fan clutch hub was calibrated differently for maximum cooling efficiency. Also mentioned was the de-gas tank used as part of the R cooling system. This tank was a standard production 93 Ford Probe GT component and also listed under FRPP part#M-8080-R58.

As an alternate to a hard-to-find R radiator, perhaps you may want to consider the many quality aftermarket radiators available for standard Cobras. There are many good choices that will provide much improved cooling capacity over the stock system.
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
93Cobra#2771

Post by 93Cobra#2771 »

x2 - unless you are just wanting the ford part number, plenty of them out there that can drop right in to help you out.

I used the Ford Motorsport version from back in the day. Was close to a drop in, but not quite. Had to do some minor mods to make it work.
Window Sticker Reproduction Guy
1986Browns

Post by 1986Browns »

Per the Fox Body recognition guide book, they list the '93 R as using the same radiator used in the very rare BMW turbo-diesel six cylinder powered '84-'85 Lincoln Continental Mark VII.

Yes, I'm being serious...they actually built such a thing. Maybe try a local to you auto parts store and tell them you need a radiator for the aforementioned Lincoln?
93Cobra#2771

Post by 93Cobra#2771 »

1986Browns wrote:Per the Fox Body recognition guide book, they list the '93 R as using the same radiator used in the very rare BMW turbo-diesel six cylinder powered '84-'85 Lincoln Continental Mark VII.

Yes, I'm being serious...they actually built such a thing. Maybe try a local to you auto parts store and tell them you need a radiator for the aforementioned Lincoln?

[runs off to check FBRG to see]

:mrgreen:
Window Sticker Reproduction Guy