Clear Corners

Parts for sale or wanted specifically for the 1993 Mustang Cobra only.

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Re: Clear Corners

Post by Z282SLO »

lukewood2 wrote:So do the cool Cobra guys supercharge their 93s? :look:
1986Browns wrote: Just know that whatever money is spent on mods you might as well burn that cash or flush it down the toilet. The mods bought with that cash may increase the fun factor of the car, but not the cars overall value.

Supercharging is definitely pricey, but worth every penny. For the cost of the Cobra itself and all the mods required to properly supercharge the car, you're still spending thousands less for a car that will hold its own with many more modern performance cars. And that's cool! What's even more cool is finding a pristine Cobra where all that expensive work has already been done right and buying that one.
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
Romo93

Post by Romo93 »

Z282SLO wrote:
1986Browns wrote: Just know that whatever money is spent on mods you might as well burn that cash or flush it down the toilet. The mods bought with that cash may increase the fun factor of the car, but not the cars overall value.
So Browns - Pretty ignorant statement. True, one shouldn't expect to make all their investment back, but, zero? That's just not true. The market has two different buyers, stock and people that want more power and fun. I do think it will take a little longer to sell a full blown modded, but, buyers are definitely out there. And by the way, I'll take my Vortech over watching my money being flushed down the toilet :headbang: On a side note, super-chargers can be taken off and the car can be returned to stock, just throwing that out there.

I also AGREE with you on low mileage queens, no, I wouldn't mod the hell out of one. I prefer to mod a mint 60,0000 mile black on black that is a blast to drive.

PEACE! :headbang:

Supercharging is definitely pricey, but worth every penny. For the cost of the Cobra itself and all the mods required to properly supercharge the car, you're still spending thousands less for a car that will hold its own with many more modern performance cars. And that's cool! What's even more cool is finding a pristine Cobra where all that expensive work has already been done right and buying that one.
Agreed!! :drinks:
1993 Black / Black Cobra #3929. V3 with a couple bolt-ons - 63,000 miles and counting....
1986Browns

Post by 1986Browns »

Z282SLO wrote:
So Browns - Pretty ignorant statement. True, one shouldn't expect to make all their investment back, but, zero? That's just not true. The market has two different buyers, stock and people that want more power and fun. I do think it will take a little longer to sell a full blown modded, but, buyers are definitely out there. And by the way, I'll take my Vortech over watching my money being flushed down the toilet :headbang: On a side note, super-chargers can be taken off and the car can be returned to stock, just throwing that out there.
I stand by my statement and take it even further: Find two identical teal/blacks similar to Esco's beautiful ride. Leave one of them 100% stock. Take the other one...punch a hole in the oil pan, throw on that V1, Sawzall the factory exhaust off, put a larger fuel system on it and all the other necessary mods to support the blower. Now after having spent $4K-$7K I would wager to say that the modded car is worth less than what it was before you threw your Jegs/Summit catalogs at it and you spent $4K-$7K!

Meanwhile the stocker sitting in the corner is doing better than any blue chip on the Dow.
Romo93

Post by Romo93 »

1986Browns wrote:
Z282SLO wrote:
I stand by my statement and take it even further: Find two identical teal/blacks similar to Esco's beautiful ride. Leave one of them 100% stock. Take the other one...punch a hole in the oil pan, throw on that V1, Sawzall the factory exhaust off, put a larger fuel system on it and all the other necessary mods to support the blower. Now after having spent $4K-$7K I would wager to say that the modded car is worth less than what it was before you threw your Jegs/Summit catalogs at it and you spent $4K-$7K!

Meanwhile the stocker sitting in the corner is doing better than any blue chip on the Dow.
No hole in my oil pan, modern technology of a self contained V3 unit...Fuel system is also very easy to bring back to stock. Now you're kind of taking it to a different extreme, a completely "stock" queen. I wouldn't do all that to Esco's car, but, I also wouldn't really enjoy a car that sits in a corner (to each their own) I'm coming from the side that likes to drive a car and also add some power to it as well. Nothing wrong with either choice.

I was responding to your "burning cash" statement. I do agree with you on an Esco car and modding it, not smart! But, for the Cobras that already have frame-ties, exhaust etc etc - That same statement shouldn't always be made is all. My car for instance, I bought it right and in my eyes I modded it right :biggrin: Not planning on selling, but, I know I could get PRETTY MUCH what I have into her. Whether it's taking the blower off or not.

I wasn't ever referring to a 100% stock car or real low mileage car as I'm in agreement with you on that.
1993 Black / Black Cobra #3929. V3 with a couple bolt-ons - 63,000 miles and counting....
Romo93

Post by Romo93 »

Esco - No disrespect, your car is awesome!! :headbang:
lukewood2

Post by lukewood2 »

Z282SLO wrote:
lukewood2 wrote:Great answer! So basically you should have two-one modded and one stock :lol:
Why stop there? Get one of every color and an R for good measure and start your own Cobra museum. The admission fees will help offset the costs of all those mods! ;)
One step at a time. I'm probably not as rich as most of you guys...
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

^^^

C'mon, Lukewood. Just being the proud owner of a '93 Cobra makes you rich!! :headbang:
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
lukewood2

Post by lukewood2 »

Z282SLO wrote:^^^

C'mon, Lukewood. Just being the proud owner of a '93 Cobra makes you rich!! :headbang:
Haha good point! :headbang:
escogt
Fox Mustang Enthusiast

Post by escogt »

Romo93 wrote:Esco - No disrespect, your car is awesome!! :headbang:
No worries, Romo. No disrespect taken. I get what you guys were talking about. Makes total sense to me. I have my GT to tinker as I please with & my 1 of 185 Teal/Black Cobra to leave stock. That's the way she'll stay under my watch.
'85GT Bright Atlantic Blue (K7)
'92LX Bimini Blue (K3)
'93COBRA #1521 Teal/Black (RD) SOLD
'93COBRA #163 Black/Gray leather (UA) M.I.A.
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

lukewood2 wrote:

Do you own one Luke?
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
lukewood2

Post by lukewood2 »

dbrennancobra wrote:
lukewood2 wrote:

Do you own one Luke?
You know it :snake: