Mustang Week- Myrtle Beach July 19-25, 2010

Discussion and announcement of upcoming auto events and gatherings.

Moderator: 1993cobra

93vnm

Mustang Week- Myrtle Beach July 19-25, 2010

Post by 93vnm »

Anyone going to this event this year??
Cobra #4785 Black/Opel cloth (sold)
Cobra #3593 Teal/Black, 1993 LX Hatch Calypso/Black 331 Stroker AFR 185s TKO 600 and 3:73s
aaronlstiles

MW

Post by aaronlstiles »

I may Fly out and help them out. No plans to take a car as of now though.
93vnm

Mustang week

Post by 93vnm »

Only reason I ask is that I've never been. Wanted to get some feedback from someone who has been to this event. Any recommendations?
Cobra #4785 Black/Opel cloth (sold)
Cobra #3593 Teal/Black, 1993 LX Hatch Calypso/Black 331 Stroker AFR 185s TKO 600 and 3:73s
trackpilot

Post by trackpilot »

I'm thinking about going. Not sure though...
Kevins89notch5.0

Re: Mustang week

Post by Kevins89notch5.0 »

93vnm wrote:Only reason I ask is that I've never been. Wanted to get some feedback from someone who has been to this event. Any recommendations?
I went last year for the first time. Here's my opinion.

Wednesday is the autocross/burnout contest. Watching that was pretty fun, and it turns into a mini unofficial car show as well.

Thursday morning is a meet up at Hooters, which is a mini car show. Then that evening they all go to the track. One thing they don't exactly tell you is the track is 100 miles away. :shock: Sorry, but after 10 hours driving to MW, I don't want to drive 100 more to the track, and then home that night. I skipped that.

Friday is the OFFICIAL car show. Lots of amazing cars, and very fun.

Saturday starts off with the fox body cruise. That was fun. Then its basically an unofficial car show. Everyone meets at the same place as the real car show, and does the same thing. Not to be a downer, but I was bored by this time. Its the same cars I've seen the last 4 days straight. The sun was getting to me, and I really just wanted to leave.

If I go this year, which I am seriously thinking about, I'll be cruising up Thursday afternoon, enjoying friday and saturdays events, and then cruising home sunday afternoon.

Here's a link with some pics I took during the days: http://www.mustangweek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1938
** 89 LX 5.0 ** Currently in hibernation
trackpilot

Post by trackpilot »

Where are u guys gonna stay if you go?
aaronlstiles

MW

Post by aaronlstiles »

I will be there, may be in a rental car though. To far to drive out, So me and the family are flying out. I will be there on Tuesday.
trackpilot

Post by trackpilot »

So when are u gonna buy my car Aaron?
I'm still not sure if i'm gonna go. It looks like it'd be an 8hr drive for me. We'll see...
aaronlstiles

Mustang week

Post by aaronlstiles »

The last time we talked my Brother was unable to meet up with you. I would love to have it, but I am at $9000 is all I can afford right now. And It is about an 8 hour Drive to the Beach for you.
aaronlstiles

MW 2010

Post by aaronlstiles »

WOW! Just got home from MW, 93 Cobras are getting slim. Only 1 in the show, and I think I saw Kevin's car sitting in the parking lot with the hood up. 1 red car sitting at hooters and a Very Dirty 153 Mile black car at hooters as well. Looks like he never even cleaned the car. Wow factory 93 Dirt what a great thing!. Other than that I had a great time.