Street Stangs track day May 12 2007

Discussion and announcement of upcoming auto events and gatherings.

Moderator: 1993cobra

QWKSNKE

Street Stangs track day May 12 2007

Post by QWKSNKE »

Hey guys we are having a track day at MMP in Montgomery, Al. Its a 1/4 mile track that will be extremely sticky the entire 1/4 mile.

It is limited to 65 entries ( we have about 20 left now) at $61 per racer. You can run as much as you want with no staging lane wait. We will be running from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

If you want to come watch, its $10 at the gate. There will be several fast cars there (8-9 sec 1/4 street cars and race cars). It is my understanding that Tim Lynch is going to come down and dial his car in for WFC. Steve Petty has also mentioned being there.
93 Cobra
84 SVO

www.streetstangs.net (pushrod/modmotor/ EEC tech forums)
CobraStrike93

Post by CobraStrike93 »

Wish it was closer for me, I would be there. But it would be a 9 hour drive. If you are going though, good luck to ya!!!
93 Cobra, owned since new #1140
96 Cobra
67 Fastback
QWKSNKE

Post by QWKSNKE »

CobraStrike93 wrote:Wish it was closer for me, I would be there. But it would be a 9 hour drive. If you are going though, good luck to ya!!!
LOL. we already have one guy coming from Colorado and another from St Peters, MO coming down.

I understand though it would be hard for me to make a drive like that without a lot of planning
93 Cobra
84 SVO

BADBOY

Post by BADBOY »

To far for me to drive.
1993 Mustang SVT Cobra
Teal car/black cloth interior
#195 - 1 of 185
SOLD AND NOT BECAUSE I WANTED TO !
MY 93 SNAKE
CobraStrike93

Post by CobraStrike93 »

Hell, BadBoy, you have events all year round where you live. Lucky!!!!! :wink:
96 Cobra
67 Fastback
Ford

Post by Ford »

I'm vacillating about the event. I'd like to turn the Cobra loose for an unencumbered 1/4 mile, but...What's the guestbook looking like? Is it going to be for real street cars? How many trailered cars will be in attendance?
CobraStrike93

Post by CobraStrike93 »

Hey ford, what does your car run?? What mods do you have?? Just curious.
96 Cobra
67 Fastback
BADBOY

Post by BADBOY »

CobraStrike93 wrote:Hell, BadBoy, you have events all year round where you live. Lucky!!!!! :wink:
Yea but when you have to take both kids to them it makes you NOT want to go to some of them.
1993 Mustang SVT Cobra
Teal car/black cloth interior
#195 - 1 of 185
SOLD AND NOT BECAUSE I WANTED TO !
MY 93 SNAKE
QWKSNKE

Post by QWKSNKE »

Ford wrote:I'm vacillating about the event. I'd like to turn the Cobra loose for an unencumbered 1/4 mile, but...What's the guestbook looking like? Is it going to be for real street cars? How many trailered cars will be in attendance?
We will have street cars ranging from 9 seconds to 15 seconds. We have around 18 spots left to fill. Therre will be some quicker race cars there as well. Cars will be trailored and drive ins. This is more or less a test'n'tune session. Only difference is the entire track is prepped and we limit the entries so that there is never more than a minutes wait time in the staging lanes. Most of the time you will be able to drive straight from the 'pits' to the burnout box without waiting

Come on down, the more the merrier. I guarantee you will get a lot of track time. All I ask is that you prepay your slot by March 1st
93 Cobra
84 SVO

Ford

Post by Ford »

I'd love to attend. Sadly, I can't afford $61 for a quarter mile time and number. Maybe if I win the lottery...Sounds like great fun. Make a video or take some pictures, at the very least.
QWKSNKE

Post by QWKSNKE »

We still have a few spots left if anyone else is interested.
93 Cobra
84 SVO