FYI: Asperformance

Cobras For Sale from National & Local listings, ebay, craigslist, autotrader, etc...

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

red95gts

FYI: Asperformance

Post by red95gts »

I assume everyone here frequents SVTP, but in case not:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/sh ... p?t=468604
-Darrell

2003 BMW M3 Coupe
93 Cobra #199 - SOLD
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

I replied there also. THe car still is a nice looking car, and is probably well worth the money, Aaron should have just told them the history. With todays internet, you cant hide anything. Most who know him , know he rebuilds a lot of cars and would expect the damaged history.
BADBOY

Post by BADBOY »

He got banned, as well as he should have.
1993 Mustang SVT Cobra
Teal car/black cloth interior
#195 - 1 of 185
SOLD AND NOT BECAUSE I WANTED TO !
MY 93 SNAKE
aaronlstiles

Teal 93

Post by aaronlstiles »

I do agree I should have said it had been hit the main reason I didn't is because I didn't want to, I think me and a lot of people are just tired of tire kickers and BS Picture colletors, If I had said hay it had front damage, then I would have gotten to old, Oh it's been hit, I will give you $6000 for it. Hell I paid $5500 for it hit, paid 500 to ship it, Put another $1000 in parts alone, not counting Paint and labor, Basically I would be breaking even or loosing money, a lot of people think I make a ton of money off selling cars, truth is, I am not in it for the money, Yes it is nice to make a little off them, But I do it because I truly enjoy working on Mustangs, and saving some of them. All I have to say is, I have no - ratings, never screwed anyone out of anything, and all the cars I have had or ever sold, people have been very happy with. And I think this is what really matters. If people want to smear me over one Post let them, I haven't lost any sleep over it.
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

I agree with you, That car wasnt hit that bad, and everyone was saying "it was hit by train", "it will never be right " etc.. And they think your getting rich fixing "totaled out junk". when they wreck their personal car , they just get it fixed and sy nothing or it was no big deal. I always see post like "I wrecked my car, wheres a good bodyshop", they never ask "I wrecked my car, where a good junk yard so I can get rid of it?" Anyway I hope everyone here is honest with the history of their car and parts when selling, But as always "Buyer Beware" is the best rule. If I am selling a car with high miles, salvage, or something, but it is a nice car , I usually dont put it in the ad because it might scare people off, but wait (unless they ask)until they come look at then tell them, that way they can trully see how nice it is.
red95gts

Post by red95gts »

Like I mentioned in response to your "get a Life Dude" PMs about this post, you screwed up by not disclosing it and hiding the fact it had been wrecked hard. The repair work might be great. The repair work might be terrible. It's beside the point. But, you seem to be missing that. I'm sure that car has a new front clip, new radiator support, and plenty of new paint. Yet, you seem to think a buyer of a collectible car shouldn't care about that. It's not a shitbox Honda Civic used for commuting. It's a 15 year old Mustang with a pricetag of a 4 year old Mustang. It matters.

SVTP even gave you a chance to explain yourself and come clean and you further screwed up by trying to justify your actions as "what this country was founded on." :x

When you're selling something to a nationwide audience, potential buyers invest a lot of time and money (airfare, days off work, etc) to simply come look at a car. To not disclose the fact it has been wrecked, has a new front clip, and has been repainted is just deceptive. Period.

If you are tired of the tire kickers and BS Picture Collectors, do what every other successful seller on the net does - POST PICTURES IN THE AD. Every one of your ads I've seen NEVER includes pictures and there's 100 people asking for pictures. You could save yourself a lot of time by just posting the pictures. But, I guess that's really beside the point now...
-Darrell

2003 BMW M3 Coupe
93 Cobra #199 - SOLD
aaronlstiles

93 cobra

Post by aaronlstiles »

I never tried to justify, anything, I merly stated it was my right as a seller to post weather it had been hit, You are missing that point, I also stated if you wanted pictures to call me and I would send them as I did, As for posting on SVTP it isn't the easiest thing to do. And as far as people on sites spending tons of money, I haven't seen people spending shit in the last year or so, I know this because I have been buying a lot because the market is slow right now.

I appreciate you opinion on this, but the point still stands, no one came out in an open form and said I ever screwed them over or ripped them off, I have plenty of people that will back me on this, and I also have plenty of happy customers with my cars. And I will leave it at that, You have never dealt with me, you don't know me, so please quit ball busting over one post.
POOBLAH
site grease monkey

Post by POOBLAH »

Why do I have to log in to view the post? cant I go in as a guest?
Cobra #11
Sunday driver in fair weather.

"Passion: there are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."
aaronlstiles

93 CObra

Post by aaronlstiles »

No they put it in under shit talking, so have to register to view it.
TRMN8TR

Post by TRMN8TR »

People that have nothing to hide, hide NOTHING

That in a nutshell is where you screwed up
aaronlstiles

93 Cobra

Post by aaronlstiles »

What ever, opinions are like, well you know, and everyone has one. Anyone who called got the full run down on the car, People like you are why I did not post it had been hit, always have a negative comment about wrecked car, Oh it will neve be right after that, I will give you 6000 for it. That was my reasoning, if you can't understand that, then so be it.
stubes

Post by stubes »

red95gts wrote:Like I mentioned in response to your "get a Life Dude" PMs about this post, you screwed up by not disclosing it and hiding the fact it had been wrecked hard. The repair work might be great. The repair work might be terrible. It's beside the point. But, you seem to be missing that. I'm sure that car has a new front clip, new radiator support, and plenty of new paint. Yet, you seem to think a buyer of a collectible car shouldn't care about that. It's not a shitbox Honda Civic used for commuting. It's a 15 year old Mustang with a pricetag of a 4 year old Mustang. It matters.

SVTP even gave you a chance to explain yourself and come clean and you further screwed up by trying to justify your actions as "what this country was founded on." :x

When you're selling something to a nationwide audience, potential buyers invest a lot of time and money (airfare, days off work, etc) to simply come look at a car. To not disclose the fact it has been wrecked, has a new front clip, and has been repainted is just deceptive. Period.

If you are tired of the tire kickers and BS Picture Collectors, do what every other successful seller on the net does - POST PICTURES IN THE AD. Every one of your ads I've seen NEVER includes pictures and there's 100 people asking for pictures. You could save yourself a lot of time by just posting the pictures. But, I guess that's really beside the point now...

i agree 100%
BADBOY

Post by BADBOY »

Lets just try to keep the drama from that site there.
1993 Mustang SVT Cobra
Teal car/black cloth interior
#195 - 1 of 185
SOLD AND NOT BECAUSE I WANTED TO !
MY 93 SNAKE
buddha

Post by buddha »

:lol:
aaronlstiles

Not much LOL

Post by aaronlstiles »

If you all want to talk to me call me, If you haven't been or know anyone I have screwed over let it go, I have never screwed anyone over and never will, I made 1 error in Judgement, I know you all are perfect, and I will leave it at that. Lock the Post please as the Horse is DEAD!!!!