Black/Black/Sunroof #1835 (763 Miles)

Cobras For Sale from National & Local listings, ebay, craigslist, autotrader, etc...

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

aaronlstiles

Post by aaronlstiles »

I think he's haveing friends run up the Bid, I sold my 45 MILE teal wrapper car for 25K and that was when the Market was not totally in the crapper. I just can't see this car bringing 30K! it has close to 1000 miles on it.

Like my mom alwasy said, don't bealive anything you hear and only half of what you see. I say 30K no way. 25K is tops for this car.
Mike S.

Post by Mike S. »

You Mom's pretty wise. More and more, this is looking like a BS fishing trip.

-MJS
aaronlstiles

Post by aaronlstiles »

I agree Mike, Lots of these guys put bogus reserves and have their Buddies run up the Bid, I Bid on a 04 Mystic last week, ended up buying the car, I bid what I was willing to pay, and that was it.

I don't put much faith in a seller telling me he has offers for 30K, that is 7K over what the car cost new, I know it is a rare find, but anyone willing to pay 30K for a 93 Non R cobra with Close to 1000 miles on it is just crazy, or has more money that Brains. Just my 02 is all.
WillyB93

Post by WillyB93 »

I checked the bids before it had ended that night and it was the same 3 or 4 people bidding on this car. Not saying it wasn't one of his friends but the bid was up to 27450 when I looked at it last. I think some of these cars that someone is really looking for will run the price up on cars like these more then 25k easy.
Aaron your teal car may have had 45 miles on it, but it was a pretty common combination. Like you said a while ago black has always been hard to find in "mint" condition, now that I have been searching they are popping up everywhere.
Did you buy the car from New Jersey?
93 Black on black sunroof #1835
04 Comp. Orange Coupe #348
93 Reef Blue SSP LX Coupe (SOLD)
91 Wild Strawberry Coupe (SOLD)
93 Teal and Black #1521 (SOLD)
93 Vibrant Red and Leather #3038 (SOLD)
04 Mystichrome Coupe #529 of #1010 (SOLD)
aaronlstiles

Post by aaronlstiles »

No I bought the Mystic one out of OH, You wouldn't bealive the paperwork on the car. He had is so Poorly advertised, and his pictures where really bad. I Paid 23,100 which may have been to much. But I was looking for a long time for a stock 04 with all the paperwork. The wife flew out and drove it back. After all it is her car. LOL
backthebadge

Post by backthebadge »

That price is crazy... SHENANIGANS!!!
Teal #4427 (SOLD)
buddha

Post by buddha »

aaronlstiles wrote:No I bought the Mystic one out of OH, You wouldn't bealive the paperwork on the car. He had is so Poorly advertised, and his pictures where really bad. I Paid 23,100 which may have been to much. But I was looking for a long time for a stock 04 with all the paperwork. The wife flew out and drove it back. After all it is her car. LOL
What are the details on the car? Low miles, stock, etc?
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
buddha

Post by buddha »

aaronlstiles wrote:I think he's haveing friends run up the Bid, I sold my 45 MILE teal wrapper car for 25K and that was when the Market was not totally in the crapper. I just can't see this car bringing 30K! it has close to 1000 miles on it.

Like my mom alwasy said, don't bealive anything you hear and only half of what you see. I say 30K no way. 25K is tops for this car.
I don't put much faith in Ebay, period. Don't get me wrong, I've used my fair share, but for cars of interest, it's a crapshoot at best. Anytime you see a reserve auction, you see all sorts of guys bidding up and around it, but very rarely do they make reserve which has to make you wonder. I've seen some really nice cars with a BIN and the car will just still till the auction ends.

With an almost identical car to this one in question sell for around $24k last year that I know of, I'd personally have a hard time paying much more than that.

But I say to each his own. There were plenty of guys out there paying more than twice the sticker price for the R models ( that I personally think are/were nuts), so what's 10 grand over sticker? Heck, I've heard a few stories already with the 12' Boss cars selling for $20k+ over sticker.

Whomever gets the car, it is pretty friggin' sweet.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
MWoods26

Post by MWoods26 »

Aaron I think the 04 you bought was about 10 miles from me. If its the same one Im thinking of I remember looking at it when it was brand new on the lot at Kings Ford. Was way out of my price range back then. I too have been in the market of an 04 Mystic since I traded my Comp Orange 04 last December but Im looking for one with a Whipple or KB and some mods
93 COBRA #3066 Teal/Gray cloth
93 COBRA #4738 Teal/Gray cloth (SOLD)
93 COBRA #4935 Teal on Black w/sunroof (SOLD)
93 COBRA #4969 Teal on Black w/sunroof (SOLD)
93 COBRA #2243 Black on Black (SOLD)
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

buddha wrote:Whomever gets the car, it is pretty friggin' sweet.
x2. :wink:
aaronlstiles

Post by aaronlstiles »

MWoods26 wrote:Aaron I think the 04 you bought was about 10 miles from me. If its the same one Im thinking of I remember looking at it when it was brand new on the lot at Kings Ford. Was way out of my price range back then. I too have been in the market of an 04 Mystic since I traded my Comp Orange 04 last December but Im looking for one with a Whipple or KB and some mods
We bought it out of FairField OH, The 2nd owner owned it for the last 4 years and only put 3K miles on it, Or at least I was told. The original owner owed him some cash so they worked out a deal.

Car is really nice, I've been doing my Usual undercarrage detail, and Brake detail, I hate dirty wheels and breaks. Wife had a Blow out on the way home, Original F-1s where full of Fix a flat, Luckly no damage no one hurt.

I had Firestone insatll 4 new Bridgestone's, Lucky to find any 275/40 17's in Iowa on a sunday. But all in all, it is a really nice car, Got all paperwork from day one. Have some documentation as that John Colletti drove the car for 27 Miles, LOL. he even initieled the window sticker, that was pretty cool.

Addendem sticker was 45K, 9K over sticker.

I wanted a stock Mystic car, Not much on KB cars, never know how they where driven or treated. Most been beat on if they have KB's on them. Just my take on that. Hope you find one.
WillyB93

Post by WillyB93 »

I like my mystic car, fun to drive, just don't drive it much. I have been tossing around an idea about selling mine to buy a new house, school, and maybe a job change. Which would be nice, or at least hold me through some changes.
buddha

Post by buddha »

WillyB93 wrote:I like my mystic car, fun to drive, just don't drive it much. I have been tossing around an idea about selling mine to buy a new house, school, and maybe a job change. Which would be nice, or at least hold me through some changes.
What do you think the Mystic would bring?

While I still think that market is hot, it seems that it too is a buyers market.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
WillyB93

Post by WillyB93 »

I have been watching to see what they seem to be bringing lately, the low mileage cars are decent still. The higher mileage cars are getting cheaper these days. Hard to say may just have to throw a number out if I decide to do it.
MWoods26

Post by MWoods26 »

WillyB93 wrote:I like my mystic car, fun to drive, just don't drive it much. I have been tossing around an idea about selling mine to buy a new house, school, and maybe a job change. Which would be nice, or at least hold me through some changes.
Let me know more details on the car if you do decide to sell. I been looking for one and your not too far away.
93 COBRA #3066 Teal/Gray cloth
93 COBRA #4738 Teal/Gray cloth (SOLD)
93 COBRA #4935 Teal on Black w/sunroof (SOLD)
93 COBRA #4969 Teal on Black w/sunroof (SOLD)
93 COBRA #2243 Black on Black (SOLD)