possibly found cobra

Cobras For Sale from National & Local listings, ebay, craigslist, autotrader, etc...

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

harleycolten

possibly found cobra

Post by harleycolten »

I am new to the site but I have been reading and looking for a cobra for several months now. I have owned many mustangs and cobras but I have wanted a 93 for some time. I have found one and would like to get some thoughts or opinions about if it is a good deal or not. The car is peformance red with grey cloth and sunroof. The story on the car goes like this, a local guy bought the car brand new and hand it until 2004. During that time, I used to see the car evey now and then around town and it was always immacualant. Evidently, the guy got on drugs and his grandfather took the car and it sat for roughly 3years. In 2004 his grandfather sold the car to a guy that I know and it had 59,000 miles. This guy replaced tires, breaks, clutch, tuned-it up, new exhaust x pipe, shocks, catback, put 373 gears, new shifter, new tailights, and Im sure a few other things I left out. The car has all vin tags, all the original parts, no wrecks, documentation etc. The guy that has bought it, drives it daily. It now has 76,000 miles and he says it drives really good. The bad: where the car had sat for a couple of years, the drain plug in the back was evidently clogged up with some dirt and debris. somehow moisture got trapped in there and all Around the gas has surface rust. Its not on the body, but it is very close (right under the gas cap door.) The car has some sratches but to what extent, I dont know. He said the paint other wise was pretty good. Interior might need some shampoo etc. I will be looking at the car sat and the guy is asking 12,000. I have a feeling that he will come down some. What do you think? I will try to get pics as soon as I can. Whats the car woth?
nmm347

Post by nmm347 »

Sounds nice but I've had bad experiences with rust. I usually won't take a second look at a car with rust unless it's a good deal. There always seems to be more than you think and it take a lot of work to get rid of. Some of the real good auto body guys on here might disagree.
93 Cobra Red/Black #3966
88 GT Drag Car
svtman

93 cobra

Post by svtman »

Either way it is still a 93 Cobra rust can be repaired it can get expensive but there are only so many cars left!
Black 93 with Grey Leather
Black 93 with Black Cloth
Black 93 with Grey Leather rebuild
Red 93 with Black Cloth rebuild
Red 93 with Grey Cloth
Red 93 with Grey Leather
Teal 93 with Grey Leather
Teal 93 with Grey Cloth
Teal 93 with 76K Was grey leather I saved this one from the crusher