Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords magazine 1993 Cobra for sal

Cobras For Sale from National & Local listings, ebay, craigslist, autotrader, etc...

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

Mike S.

Post by Mike S. »

Kevins89notch5.0 wrote:I could very well be wrong, but if I remember correctly, this teal 93 in question was part of a car collection, and thus never driven. One time the owner started it up, and something went wrong with the engine despite very low miles, and the engine blew up. The term stolen goods refers to how much he ended up paying for the roller.
I did some netsearch on it and came up with this:
MM&FF Magazine wrote:George purchased this '93 Cobra from its original owner back in January 1996. The car had logged a mere 776 miles, and George pulled it out of its bubble (yes, he stored it in an inflatable bubble) to drive it every now and then, adding just 600-or-so more miles before it broke a valvespring.

The motor was torn down and all of the valvespring pieces were found, but George had big plans for the car and began to disassemble it. Visions of a supercharged 408ci Windsor motor, a full race suspension, and bigger brakes would really put the bite into this snake.

Unfortunately, the teardown proceeded faster than the funding for the project could accrue, and the Cobra sat dormant in its bubble, stripped of its drivetrain and suspension.
So it would appear that we were both right, sorta.

-MJS
aaronlstiles

Original Motor Found in #574 Also a Teal Gray leather car.

Post by aaronlstiles »

I guess I Found the original Motor, thanks Mike it was in 574, I can not bealieve this, man how amazing is that. I took a picture of the Vin but it is hard to make out in the picture.
ceetwarrior

Post by ceetwarrior »

Stiles, so the teal #574 that you just bought from Mike Saint had the original motor for stolen goods?? Did I read that correct??
'93 #3593 Teal/Black cloth - *Sold* but went to a good home! Don't join the teal/black divorce club..
'95 SVT COBRA #3463 (current)
aaronlstiles

Motor

Post by aaronlstiles »

YES YOU DID! I still can't bealive it, I was cleaning it after the Trip from CO to UT and thought I would just check and see if the Block was actually a Cobra Block I was going to pull it anway and Put the Stock 93 Motor I have in it. Man Did I get a surprise.
SPEEDFREEK

Post by SPEEDFREEK »

Do you have all the magazine write ups on the car documenting everything that was done? PM sent.
89 Saleen SSC #168 10k miles
90 Saleen Vert #93 26k miles
92 Cobra Prototype 8k miles
93 Cobra #3032 Teal/gray cloth 6k miles
93 Cobra #3620 Black/Gray leather 12k miles
93 Cobra #4993 Teal/Gray Leather
93 Yellow SE 5spd, 4k miles
93 5.0 coupe 19k miles
94 GT 7k miles
92 25th 1LE Z28 900 miles