YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS!! FOUND PROJECT STOLEN GOODS MOTOR

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

Winchester

Re: YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS!! FOUND PROJECT STOLEN GOODS M

Post by Winchester »

Let me start off by saying I'm happy for you for selling the car. I hope the money you made was worth while. I also hope this yahoo selling it now makes a profit. Part of me agrees with you. In the early 90's I bought a 1966 fastback with a K code engine. Bought it specificaly to race in VSCDA. So I turned it into a 65 GT 350R clone and went on my merry way racing it. Would it be worth more now if I had left it alone? Hell yes.... Do I care, no..But then again I don't need the money at this moment and racing is my second love next to IDPA and SASS.

Now, to your comment.
Timetoboost wrote: do you think every single person cares about not having the original engine and drivetrain?

What you posted is aragont and ignorant at best. Essentially what you said is collectors who cannot afford big dollar cars don't care if the car they are purchasing is correct or not. Are these people dumb or ignorant in your mind? Because its one or the other. Ignorance is bliss but please explain.

If that were true why even buy a Cobra? Really, why even buy one? If you don't care how original it is then why buy a Cobra when you can get a GT or an LX for a quarter of what the now current owner of "project stollen goods" wants?
Oh wait, it was in a magazine. Boy I wish Ferraris had a following so they would be in magazine too. Imagine how much they would be worth then.

An original car with a limited production run will ALWAYS be worth more then one that is not original. You don't have to be a millionaire to make a wise purchase.

Bottom line is for $34,000 I could buy and build a fox body that would destroy that car. And I would not have to hear "how much was that car!" Because I would have money leftover!!
Winchester

Post by Winchester »

JohnLynch wrote:Its all relative, his point is you can get an orig drivetrain cobra for less thats not been modded.

Obviously I agree and thank you. :beer:
Timetoboost

Post by Timetoboost »

What i was saying was in reference to this car, not all cars in general. High dollar muscle cars certainly the people buying them want an original drive train car and pay more for that. If i was spending $100-200k or more on an older Corvette it better have the original drivetrain. Im not saying buyers for less expensive cars should not care, or are dumb, or ignorant.

My point was... this car is so far from original that it should make no difference to a guy who wants to buy this car that its not the original drivetrain. Its not a car with an exhaust, intake and shifter. Its way past that.

Biggest questions i got with the car:
- Do you have the original engine - no
- Do you have the original wheels - no

And sure enough....thats the questions people already asked him on ebay at the bottom of the ad.

My response: Is that your plan with the car? Your gonna put it back to stock? Are you gonna search for every part to make it look original again? Your gonna take all these performance parts out and do what with them? Sell them? All that would be crazy, a guy who has legitimate interest in this car has no interest in putting it back to original.

So thats what im saying.
Last edited by Timetoboost on Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timetoboost

Post by Timetoboost »

Winchester wrote:
JohnLynch wrote:Its all relative, his point is you can get an orig drivetrain cobra for less thats not been modded.

Obviously I agree and thank you. :beer:

Yes correct...but the really nice ones that have been stored correctly, have paperwork, original paint, have had only a few owners, with single digit miles are $30k cars IMO.

So your not talking a crazy difference in price, depends on the guy.
JohnLynch

Post by JohnLynch »

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 7675.l2565

Well someone clicked the BIN button for $34k guess you are kicking yourself in the ass for not giving ebay a try?
93 Cobra Teal/Gray #3223 -Stock (Borla catback)

*various other 93 cobras, #15, #4105, #2587, #539
#2381, #4724, #298, #1153 RIP
Timetoboost

Post by Timetoboost »

I spoke to him he got 33 minus shipping, cars going to Texas.

I had the car on Autotrader awhile and had some serious interest in the high 20s from private people. So did i expect ebay to bring $33k in one shot....no. And 29 wholesale i thought was enough... So thats how it goes sometimes. I enjoyed the 900 miles i put on it and fixed some of the minor things the car needed. Time to buy another.
JohnLynch

Post by JohnLynch »

Timetoboost wrote:I spoke to him he got 33 minus shipping, cars going to Texas.

I had the car on Autotrader awhile and had some serious interest in the high 20s from private people. So did i expect ebay to bring $33k in one shot....no. And 29 wholesale i thought was enough... So thats how it goes sometimes. I enjoyed the 900 miles i put on it and fixed some of the minor things the car needed. Time to buy another.
Damn I was really surprised myself, I guess you made a good lick but I would be kicking myself for not getting $33k but like you said that's how it goes right place right time.
93 Cobra Teal/Gray #3223 -Stock (Borla catback)

*various other 93 cobras, #15, #4105, #2587, #539
#2381, #4724, #298, #1153 RIP
WillyB93

Post by WillyB93 »

https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/d/19 ... 71983.html

I have for sale the former Muscle Mustang and Fast Fords build called "Stolen Goods". This Cobra is immaculate and very rare. It currently has 8600 miles. I have all the documentation including window sticker, Cobra registry number with certificate, and all magazine articles the car has been in. Everything has been gone through with just about every suspension component you can put on a Foxbody. No expense spared. The parts list alone is over $22,000. The paint and interior is all original. If you search 1993 Cobra Stolen Goods you can read all the articles about this car. Serious inquires only. Price is firm. I don't need help selling it. Thanks for looking
93 Black on black sunroof #1835
04 Comp. Orange Coupe #348
93 Reef Blue SSP LX Coupe (SOLD)
91 Wild Strawberry Coupe (SOLD)
93 Teal and Black #1521 (SOLD)
93 Vibrant Red and Leather #3038 (SOLD)
04 Mystichrome Coupe #529 of #1010 (SOLD)