YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS!! FOUND PROJECT STOLEN GOODS MOTOR

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Re: YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS!! FOUND PROJECT STOLEN GOODS M

Post by Z282SLO »

Timetoboost wrote:And as far as the $39,995 price tag, i threw that out there as the crazy im not selling it price.
Typical used car dealer. ;)

Timetoboost wrote:Completely different values for these cars now.
Absolutely!
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

Timetoboost wrote:Check out this Cobra for $39988 at Ogden Lincoln in illinois. I think hes high on the price but finding really nice low mileage cars is not always easy. Many arent stored correctly or if you want all original many are not....like that one on Ebay.
http://ogdenlincolnofwestmont.com/Chica ... xYear=1993
Ogden Lincoln ... home of the dreamers that had a Cobra R for sale for over $100K not too long ago. Apparently, they're still smoking the good stuff. :smokin:
03 COBRA Black with VMP
bdecoy

Post by bdecoy »

All I'm saying is a heavily modded low mileage 93 no matter how nice and how amazing the story. Isn't going to sell for over 25k. Definitely no sin in profit so good luck with the sale!
#1571 teal/blk stock 7k
#1547 blk/blk stock 19k
Sold:2946 1521 1447
Timetoboost

Post by Timetoboost »

Z282SLO wrote:
Timetoboost wrote:Check out this Cobra for $39988 at Ogden Lincoln in illinois. I think hes high on the price but finding really nice low mileage cars is not always easy. Many arent stored correctly or if you want all original many are not....like that one on Ebay.
http://ogdenlincolnofwestmont.com/Chica ... xYear=1993
Ogden Lincoln ... home of the dreamers that had a Cobra R for sale for over $100K not too long ago. Apparently, they're still smoking the good stuff. :smokin:
Yeah i agree they are up there, but their teal car is really nice. You get what you pay for. I watched in front of me a 4k miles red 93 Cobra at Mecum Harrisburg last summer do $40,000 and it is on their results page. The right cars that are extremely nice with paperwork bring the money.
Timetoboost

Post by Timetoboost »

bdecoy wrote:All I'm saying is a heavily modded low mileage 93 no matter how nice and how amazing the story. Isn't going to sell for over 25k. Definitely no sin in profit so good luck with the sale!

Your entitled to your opinion on value but i was offered $28000 for the car a few days ago. Pretty much what you get with any other modded car is a stack of receipts, and the guy saying its done right. This car you see every part of the process down to the machine work of the brand new Boss engine block and their concept for building it the way they did. Bore and stroke is different than many 347s out there. It was built to last. You see all this in the magazine pictures with alot of reading to go with it. As a car guy, its very interesting and like no other Cobra.
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

Timetoboost wrote:This car you see every part of the process down to the machine work of the brand new Boss engine block and their concept for building it the way they did. Bore and stroke is different than many 347s out there. It was built to last. You see all this in the magazine pictures with alot of reading to go with it. As a car guy, its very interesting and like no other Cobra.
Timetoboost wrote:The unique history of this car in my opinion adds value. The name Stolen Goods, having every page out of each of the 12 issues this car was in, all original paperwork, all original paint and interior, the hood was not taken off during the build - no body bolts anywhere are turned. all VIN labels are present, the weatherstripping and all plastic on the car are like brand new. To me all of this adds a value over some other cars out there. Go on Ebay take a look at the 7000 mile black cobra at a dealer...their car is a disaster for $26900.... This car was not built over the top but did not have 1 corner cut in the process, it makes respectable numbers to the wheels. It can be driven anywhere with the A/C on listening to the factory CD player. Hard to find all of this nowadays.
Sounds like a car salesman to me! Grab this one before it's gone!!
03 COBRA Black with VMP
Timetoboost

Post by Timetoboost »

Z282SLO wrote:
Timetoboost wrote:This car you see every part of the process down to the machine work of the brand new Boss engine block and their concept for building it the way they did. Bore and stroke is different than many 347s out there. It was built to last. You see all this in the magazine pictures with alot of reading to go with it. As a car guy, its very interesting and like no other Cobra.
Timetoboost wrote:The unique history of this car in my opinion adds value. The name Stolen Goods, having every page out of each of the 12 issues this car was in, all original paperwork, all original paint and interior, the hood was not taken off during the build - no body bolts anywhere are turned. all VIN labels are present, the weatherstripping and all plastic on the car are like brand new. To me all of this adds a value over some other cars out there. Go on Ebay take a look at the 7000 mile black cobra at a dealer...their car is a disaster for $26900.... This car was not built over the top but did not have 1 corner cut in the process, it makes respectable numbers to the wheels. It can be driven anywhere with the A/C on listening to the factory CD player. Hard to find all of this nowadays.
Sounds like a car salesman to me! Grab this one before it's gone!!
Im just saying what the car is. People want to make their valuations... thats fine. But other people read this stuff. So im going to respond with reasoning. Again, take a look at what else is out there now.
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

Timetoboost wrote:So im going to respond with reasoning. Again, take a look at what else is out there now.
Reasoning or marketing hyperbole? :D
Either way, good luck with the sale!
03 COBRA Black with VMP
Timetoboost

Post by Timetoboost »

Z282SLO wrote:
Timetoboost wrote:So im going to respond with reasoning. Again, take a look at what else is out there now.
Reasoning or marketing hyperbole? :D
Either way, good luck with the sale!

I did not intend to market the car here, i only asked for the registry to be updated. A moderator found and posted the ad.

Thank you
bdecoy

Post by bdecoy »

Should of took the 28k :smokin:
#1571 teal/blk stock 7k
#1547 blk/blk stock 19k
Sold:2946 1521 1447
MWoods26

Post by MWoods26 »

Timetoboost wrote:
MWoods26 wrote:
Its a shame this car ended up in the hands of a used car dealer that is just out to make a buck on it... A very large buck at that! He was at $39,995 so it looks like hes starting to slowly come down to earth... The car was passed around in the low 20s a few times. I wish I would have grabbed it then.

Im the dealer that has the car. Because im a dealer does that mean i dont appreciate a car? To many people assume to much about car dealers. Ive drove the car about 800 miles to local shows and events in the past year. I have bought and sold many fox body cars, and i would take this car over any one of them and many other low mileage cars ive seen around lately. The way this car was built and setup, i wish i could drive it more. And as far as the $39,995 price tag, i threw that out there as the crazy im not selling it price.

Also the "passed around in the lows 20s a few times" comment. The car is a 3 owner car...so passed around is a little absurd. The magazine editor was the 2nd owner in 2005 and then it sold to the 3rd owner Dave in Mass. in 2009. Completely different values for these cars now.
Yes. you are right. completely different values for these cars now than in 2009... That was my point. I should have bought it back then. I came very close to doing so but ended up picking up a Comp Orange Terminator instead. I don't know what carfax says about owners or really care for that matter but Im pretty sure Dave sold the car to a buddy of his and it was sold again after that. Not sure if that was to you or not. But regardless I stand by my "absurd" comment. This car WAS passed around a few times in the low 20s.
93 COBRA #3066 Teal/Gray cloth
93 COBRA #4738 Teal/Gray cloth (SOLD)
93 COBRA #4935 Teal on Black w/sunroof (SOLD)
93 COBRA #4969 Teal on Black w/sunroof (SOLD)
93 COBRA #2243 Black on Black (SOLD)
Timetoboost

Post by Timetoboost »

Orange terminator nothing wrong with that....

Yeah i wish i could have bought it myself for the price i seen posted in the searches i found from 2009.
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

I would have had 28k in my hands fast
Timetoboost

Post by Timetoboost »

1993cobra wrote:I would have had 28k in my hands fast

I have had multiple offers on the car in the high 20s. Im not in a hurry to sell it. The more i see some other Cobras popping up for sale for comparison the more i think the car is worth the money.
Winchester

Post by Winchester »

This whole thread has been bothering me since it was recently necrod. I could go back and quote in this post like most do, but I see no point. Readers will either get it
or not and hate me.

Since this will be one of my first posts, I know this is a horrible way of introducing myself to the forum. But I tend to keep to myself until I see stupid.

Let me start off by saying I'm a nobody. People don't die when I don't show up to work; (at least not lately) profits aren't lost, and no ones children becomes unsafe.
So, like every other nobody I have an opinion.

The car had its drive train stolen. How is that a good historical fact on the car? I'm dead serious. Explain to me how being stolen is a good thing? You said the name is cool and significant or some thing to that effect. I beg to differ. Big time collectors differ. Especially when the car is not recovered in whole. Not recovered in whole is everything.
Every car has a "story".

The rolling chassis had a dozen articles done on its "bring back". Not sure what else to call it. (internet, print)
NOTHING was recovered. The car has the wrong engine and transmission. (Which MURDERS value in any real car worth money, but apparently 93 SVT's have a pass)
It was documented to the "T" in rebuild process. Car had sub 10K miles when stolen and is still below that now.
Paint and interior look beautiful then and now.
But, it still has the wrong engine and transmission.

So what we have here is car that had its drive train stolen and because it was put back together in a well documented
magazine, its worth as much as an all original 93 SVT with the original engine and transmission. I'm going to quote what someone very important to me said. Their is an A55 hole for every seat. I hope you find him. Making a profit is not a sin by NO MEANS.

But IMO, your reasons for valuing the car the way you pointed out is ignorant at best. An original sub 10K mile car, with original everything is worth much more. Everything documented in the internet/magazine coverage should be included in any rebuild process that's worth its weight in salt. The only difference is, the world is not there to read and judge it. Its a well documented rebuild. Yay.....Pile of receipts you say? Sorry your engine builders are that poor. I've never seen a professional engine rebuild that was not done like this. Sure you wont have the commentary and stories but no ones trying to sell a "story".

But then again the seat scenario comes into play along with the fact that you can say, "I own Project stolen goods". Some guys may like that. Some guys like to get their privates stepped on. Who am I to judge????

All I see is a sub 10K mile car with the wrong engine and transmission masquerading as an original due to some internet coverage.
But I'm nobody...