YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS!! FOUND PROJECT STOLEN GOODS MOTOR

Discussion of anything related to the 1993 Cobra and Cobra R

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra

aaronlstiles

YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS!! FOUND PROJECT STOLEN GOODS MOTOR

Post by aaronlstiles »

I remember a few years back, about 2 years ago MIke in CO bought #574 as a Roller, well recently Today, I bought the car from him, I asked him about the Motor he said he bought it off Corral and was told it was an original Cobra Motor. I got the car in today, and Washed it off pulled it in the Garage to clean it up, I figured what the Heck I will see if the block has a Vin # on it, I wipped it clean and it read 174664 I went to carfax and started running Vin #'s as they are all the same except the last 6 and the 9th digit, start at 0 and work your way up, I pull up the Vin on the First Try 1FACP42D0PF174664 it showed last reported Mileage as Being in FL at 1500 miles or so, I go to the Registry and see if I can find 174664 in the registry, and HOLY SHIT! it is Project Stolen Goods original Motor. It was like a kid in a candy store, Not sure what it would be worth to have the origina Motor back in it, but I have it. Heck maybe it's a Sign I need to buy the car and restore it back original What a Story this would make. I know you all won't believe this so I will take some pictures of the Vin, It is hard as hell to get to though. I had a better chance of winnig the lottery I think than finding the original motor to Project Stolen Goods.
Mike S.

Post by Mike S. »

That car would be a great candidate for the five lug repros. And if you do this, I'll take the engine that's in there. Seriously.

-MJS
ceetwarrior

Post by ceetwarrior »

Holy crap, that's INSANE! Once again, "Stiles you are the f'n man"
'93 #3593 Teal/Black cloth - *Sold* but went to a good home! Don't join the teal/black divorce club..
'95 SVT COBRA #3463 (current)
black93svt

Post by black93svt »

Aaron ,that's freaking crazy!! I can't believe that's the engine that was in my car!! That's too crazy. I guess the guy on Corral wasn't shitting me when he told me it was an original Cobra engine. That's too cool.
93 Cobra Teal #574 Sold
93 Cobra Black #3503 Sold

Looking for one again!
aaronlstiles

Motor

Post by aaronlstiles »

I won't say I am the man, sometimes just lucky. I called Mike this morning as it was to late lastnight, He told me the Motor Came from FL and he got it off corral and that the seller told him that it came out of a 1500 Mile 93 Cobra and he was Building a 351 to put in it. As we all know now this never happend. A friend of Mike's picked it up and brought it to CO when he moved out their, Mike said the whole motor was Painted gray even the aluminum heads, So it has heads and a Cam in it now, but all original internials. What do you all think I should do with the motor?
ceetwarrior

Post by ceetwarrior »

I doubt the stolen goods guy is going to want to take the effort to put it back in that car just so its "correct". The motor its got now is far superior. If he already wants 25k for it now, it's not going to be worth more with that stock engine in it.

I have stock cam that can go back in it! I want some alum heads, he he.
'93 #3593 Teal/Black cloth - *Sold* but went to a good home! Don't join the teal/black divorce club..
'95 SVT COBRA #3463 (current)
aaronlstiles

Post by aaronlstiles »

He dropped the price to 21K, or at least that is what his add reads on the Board. Awful tempting. Good price for all the mods done to the car. Pluse with that kind of miles.
93_SVT_FREAK

Post by 93_SVT_FREAK »

Crazy :lol:
93 Cobra #66 BLACK ON BLACK -Sold-
Mill Creek Mafia

Post by Mill Creek Mafia »

I don't know if any of you are the same as me, but my cobra motor and trans vin# are 1 digit off.
-billy
HP Turbo 93 Cobra #3193
soon to be black again :)
BrettT

Re: YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS!! FOUND PROJECT STOLEN GOODS M

Post by BrettT »

beradcasey10

Post by beradcasey10 »

Any chance 574 will be for sale?
MWoods26

Post by MWoods26 »

Its a shame this car ended up in the hands of a used car dealer that is just out to make a buck on it... A very large buck at that! He was at $39,995 so it looks like hes starting to slowly come down to earth... The car was passed around in the low 20s a few times. I wish I would have grabbed it then.
93 COBRA #3066 Teal/Gray cloth
93 COBRA #4738 Teal/Gray cloth (SOLD)
93 COBRA #4935 Teal on Black w/sunroof (SOLD)
93 COBRA #4969 Teal on Black w/sunroof (SOLD)
93 COBRA #2243 Black on Black (SOLD)
bdecoy

Post by bdecoy »

I sold my 700 hp 13k miles cobra for 26k. It was a little nicer then this one imo. So my guess it will bring under 25k. Unless he catches someone sleeping
#1571 teal/blk stock 7k
#1547 blk/blk stock 19k
Sold:2946 1521 1447
Timetoboost

Post by Timetoboost »

MWoods26 wrote:
Its a shame this car ended up in the hands of a used car dealer that is just out to make a buck on it... A very large buck at that! He was at $39,995 so it looks like hes starting to slowly come down to earth... The car was passed around in the low 20s a few times. I wish I would have grabbed it then.

Im the dealer that has the car. Because im a dealer does that mean i dont appreciate a car? To many people assume to much about car dealers. Ive drove the car about 800 miles to local shows and events in the past year. I have bought and sold many fox body cars, and i would take this car over any one of them and many other low mileage cars ive seen around lately. The way this car was built and setup, i wish i could drive it more. And as far as the $39,995 price tag, i threw that out there as the crazy im not selling it price.

Also the "passed around in the lows 20s a few times" comment. The car is a 3 owner car...so passed around is a little absurd. The magazine editor was the 2nd owner in 2005 and then it sold to the 3rd owner Dave in Mass. in 2009. Completely different values for these cars now.
Timetoboost

Post by Timetoboost »

bdecoy wrote:I sold my 700 hp 13k miles cobra for 26k. It was a little nicer then this one imo. So my guess it will bring under 25k. Unless he catches someone sleeping

The unique history of this car in my opinion adds value. The name Stolen Goods, having every page out of each of the 12 issues this car was in, all original paperwork, all original paint and interior, the hood was not taken off during the build - no body bolts anywhere are turned. all VIN labels are present, the weatherstripping and all plastic on the car are like brand new. To me all of this adds a value over some other cars out there. Go on Ebay take a look at the 7000 mile black cobra at a dealer...their car is a disaster for $26900.... This car was not built over the top but did not have 1 corner cut in the process, it makes respectable numbers to the wheels. It can be driven anywhere with the A/C on listening to the factory CD player. Hard to find all of this nowadays. All the old muscle cars, unique stories like this WITH paperwork add value. Fox body cars as im sure many know, have definitely gone up in the past few years.

Check out this Cobra for $39988 at Ogden Lincoln in illinois. I think hes high on the price but finding really nice low mileage cars is not always easy. Many arent stored correctly or if you want all original many are not....like that one on Ebay.
http://ogdenlincolnofwestmont.com/Chica ... xYear=1993