93 R On e-bay

Cobras For Sale from National & Local listings, ebay, craigslist, autotrader, etc...

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

Brett

Post by Brett »

In my opinion, restoring the car to as raced condition would make it more appealing than a stock 93R. After all what were these cars built for? Maybe a collector would have a different idea, but those guys are after wrapper cars anyways. Since this car does have a documented race history, and all the race patina to boot, it should be a returned to it's racing heritage. Plus, in as raced condition, it would be eligible for historics and vintage racing circuits in the future as they open up.

Look at the Shelby's, Mustangs, and Boss's from the day that were built and raced back in the 60's and 70's. They are worth far more than their stock street car counterparts, even if they started life as a street car. Of the 36 Shelby R models (i know it's a different league), most of them are still racing today, and no where near stock form when they rolled off the line at LAX.

Brett
---------------------------
Brett
#3856 Red/Gray Leather (Sold)
#2629 Red/Gray Cloth (Sold)
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

im with brett, stick a engine and trans it, and leave it alone! find out if it ever had any markings, decals, and restore them. and it will be worth as much or more than an original.
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

i disagree, aaron do what you want to do -its your car (if you get it that is..), make it how you want to drive (i would want stock seats over a race car seat..) - since this will be a show car i assume? :lol: good luck!!
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

i didnt say he couldnt do what he wants, just giving my opinion of how it will be worth the most
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

true, with history as shown in ebay information - it could be of more value down the road.. all personal preferance i assume :wink:
aaronlstiles

93R

Post by aaronlstiles »

I have already been down this road once with 93R #19, All I got From Anyone when I tried to sell it was NON original Motor BS all day long. In the end I don't think it hurt the Value any. My opinion is that the BIG money Collectors are not really interested in the history on the car Prices on the 93R's are not what they where 2 years ago, or even a year ago. their is a MINT 93R on auto trader, it was on Hot Rod TV, he can't sell it for 42K and it has a Shit load of Spare parts and 1200 Miles. My old R was a Ford Press car, that did not help it much when it sold. I want this car, However I am not going to get in a bidding war over it. I know what I want to pay, if it Brings more, someone else will own it.
aaronlstiles

Post by aaronlstiles »

Brett wrote:In my opinion, restoring the car to as raced condition would make it more appealing than a stock 93R. After all what were these cars built for? Maybe a collector would have a different idea, but those guys are after wrapper cars anyways. Since this car does have a documented race history, and all the race patina to boot, it should be a returned to it's racing heritage. Plus, in as raced condition, it would be eligible for historics and vintage racing circuits in the future as they open up.

Look at the Shelby's, Mustangs, and Boss's from the day that were built and raced back in the 60's and 70's. They are worth far more than their stock street car counterparts, even if they started life as a street car. Of the 36 Shelby R models (i know it's a different league), most of them are still racing today, and no where near stock form when they rolled off the line at LAX.

Brett
I agree to some extent, All the 65 R's where Race ready when they left Shelby, ROll Cages, Big fat tires, the only thing they did not have was race letter on them. Big difference between that and a 93R. Which came Basicall as a street car with no A/C I Just prefer an NON caged car, now I may have some Decals made up for it down the road, but I plan to remove the cage, if I am lucky enough to get it.
drkhrse

Post by drkhrse »

Mike S. wrote:I'll guess 25K.

-Mike S.
Copy Cat!
-1993 SVT Cobra R #58, open track
-1993 SVT Cobra Teal #112, street
Mike S.

Post by Mike S. »

drkhrse wrote:
Mike S. wrote:I'll guess 25K.

-Mike S.
Copy Cat!
OK, how about $24,995.47?

-Mike S.
aaronlstiles

93R

Post by aaronlstiles »

Look for the auction to end early Today! As a Little Birdy told me that a Payment had been Sent, HMMM
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

wow, did u convince him to sell it outright to you???
aaronlstiles

93R

Post by aaronlstiles »

Well Money was recieved today. I am Driving out in a week or so to pick it up. I would go sooner, But we Have a Exerecise on Base for the next week and a half. I can't wait to get her home.
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

well the bid was already up to $19,100 so , im sure it cost you that much or more?
Last edited by 1993cobra on Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aaronlstiles

93R

Post by aaronlstiles »

was also High Bidder Price was kept between me and Chris as per our Agreement. I am happy with the deal. I think he was Just glad to see it stay in the US. He had a few Over seas buyers Looking at the car. But with it Still being on the MSO, I will be the original Owner, well Technically anyway. Not sure If I will title it or not. It all depends on what I do with it. My first plan was to remove the cage and but it back Orignal, then it Just becomes another Street 93R. With the racing History, I may just remove a Bar or 2 From the cage so it is more user Friendly, Not that any 93R is user Friendly, LOL
Kevins89notch5.0

Post by Kevins89notch5.0 »

AWESOME MAN, congrats on the purchase. We expect lots a pictures, and a build thread. :)
** 89 LX 5.0 ** Currently in hibernation