Black Gray Cloth in NC. Not mine

Cobras For Sale from National & Local listings, ebay, craigslist, autotrader, etc...

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

aaronlstiles

Black Gray Cloth in NC. Not mine

Post by aaronlstiles »

Willby, here you go, Has 77K and a few light mods. But for the price one heck of a deal I would say.

http://www.horsepowerjunkies.com/forums ... p?t=115147
WillyB93

Post by WillyB93 »

I have it on the board already a couple down from here. It has been for sale for a few months now!
93 Black on black sunroof #1835
04 Comp. Orange Coupe #348
93 Reef Blue SSP LX Coupe (SOLD)
91 Wild Strawberry Coupe (SOLD)
93 Teal and Black #1521 (SOLD)
93 Vibrant Red and Leather #3038 (SOLD)
04 Mystichrome Coupe #529 of #1010 (SOLD)
aaronlstiles

Post by aaronlstiles »

Gotcha, must be the one on Craigslist. YOu could pull the SC sell it and have about 10K in the car. Not sure you will find a better deal. IMOP
WillyB93

Post by WillyB93 »

Yea its nice to see some of these low mileage cars come across lately too!
aaronlstiles

Post by aaronlstiles »

Low mileage are for people who what to look at cars. I went through that Phase. The problem with low Mileage cars is they all have issues. Radio doesn't work right, rear main leaks, Tires are Flat spotted from sitting. Power seat track froze in the same spot.

These are all issues I have had with Low mileage car. I am sure drivers have the same issues but you can enjoy the driver. Why pay top dollar for one you can only look at and has things you have to fix. Just my 02 on that is all.
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

aaronlstiles wrote:Low mileage are for people who what to look at cars. I went through that Phase. The problem with low Mileage cars is they all have issues. Radio doesn't work right, rear main leaks, Tires are Flat spotted from sitting. Power seat track froze in the same spot.

These are all issues I have had with Low mileage car. I am sure drivers have the same issues but you can enjoy the driver. Why pay top dollar for one you can only look at and has things you have to fix. Just my 02 on that is all.
Couldn't of agreed more...Well SAID, Aaron. Ive been wanting to post a statement like this. But didn't want to come across as being byas since I have a high mileage one. I really think the right mid-high mileage car can be had and enjoyed more then a low mileage one. I started my search looking for one that would have less the 30k miles. Im glad I talked myself out of that. I knew I would hate to drive it. Also having any fun as doing some simple of mods to it too.

Finding the right mid-high mileage one at a resonable price and freshing her it up may come better then have a low mileage one.
RollTide93

Post by RollTide93 »

I bought mine with 114,500 on it and with the mileage right around what would be considered high mileage for the car I feel guilty for driving it. It hasn't stopped me and I've driven every week since I bought it but maybe I should just stop feeling guilty and just enjoy it. It's very clean and I guess I could just throw a rebuild kit on it when it's needed.
-Brian-
93 SVT #15 (pre-production)
93 SVT #1809 SOLD

This is how we chill from 93 till.....
aaronlstiles

Post by aaronlstiles »

You not going to offend me. Heck look at Boss 302 Cars running across the auction. A nice original car doesn't bring anymore than a Properly restored MCA Boss. If anything people want one that has been restored. Less issues, and if anything happens to it they just fix it and press on.

Again Just my 02. I restored my Black one from Ground up. I can bet if I parked it by any low mileage car you would never notice the difference, well mine would have better finish, the original would be dull and full of orange peel.

Like I said, I have owned 3 Very low Mileage cars, I am pursueing one now but not as a keeper. If I buy it, I am sure I will keep it for at least a year, then move it.

Enjoy them while you can I say.
RollTide93

Post by RollTide93 »

Couldnt agree more.
-Brian-
93 SVT #15 (pre-production)
93 SVT #1809 SOLD

This is how we chill from 93 till.....
WillyB93

Post by WillyB93 »

I enjoy both of my low mileage cars as they are, and let me tell you they are not garage queens. I get them out and enjoy them whenever I have a free chance between my crazy work schedule and everyday life stuff!! I drive the teal more then the 04, cause I like it better then the 04 personally.

That is why I want to pursue another 1993 black car optioned and equipped the way I want. I am in no big hurry to buy a car, but if a lower mileage car comes across optioned and equipped the way I want, I would rather spend a little more for it then buy a higher mileage car. If I do buy a low mileage car it will get drove just as much as the others no special treatment for the low mileage, I personally believe it is better to drive them every now and then to let them sit and rot away or have "issues" as Aaron has explained.

I look at this as a hobby also, I don't have kids and not married, so I work to support my hobby. It doesn't really bother me that I am not going to get rich off of having these cars, but if I need to sell I assume I wouldn't have any problems unloading any of them in the condition they are at any moment.
buddha

Post by buddha »

I enjoy both of my cars as much as I have time for.

The worst thing about owning a low mileage car is I tend to be a little over protective of it.....lol! The nice thing is mine isn't so low or virgin that it can't be driven and enjoyed every so often. I could never own a museum piece.

I say let the collectors collect, and let the rest of us drive'em!
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP