Teal-(D6)-converted to Black-Sunroof #4499 $13.5

Cobras For Sale from National & Local listings, ebay, craigslist, autotrader, etc...

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

BrettT

Teal-(D6)-converted to Black-Sunroof #4499 $13.5

Post by BrettT »

http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/cto/3906063473.html

1993 Ford Mustang SVT COBRA. #4499 of 4993. Teal with black cloth. $13,500. 850-333-0851

Vin# 1FACP42D5PF178676
Build# 4499

Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Re: Teal-Black-Sunroof #4499 $13.5 TN

Post by Z282SLO »

Love the sellers that provide lots of detail about their cars. :twak:
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
93N8

Post by 93N8 »

You can see on the drivers side ground effects that between the door and fender they don't line up. And there's probably a reason for no passenger side pics
'93' Cobra #761
Red/grey
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

Anybody notice the cert?
1986Browns

Post by 1986Browns »

BrettT wrote:Anybody notice the cert?
What about it?
NV93Cobra

Post by NV93Cobra »

It's been shopped to remove part of the VIN. Weird that the owner removed the FAC from it..
1993 SVT Cobra #4970
1993 Mustang GT (Sold)
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

NV93Cobra wrote:It's been shopped to remove part of the VIN. Weird that the owner removed the FAC from it..
He also removed the last 3 numbers as well. Always a good sign when a seller does not want to reveal the car's VIN #. :nono:
Last edited by Z282SLO on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
03 COBRA Black with VMP
JohnLynch

Post by JohnLynch »

Anyone call on it yet to get the scoop?
93 Cobra Teal/Gray #3223 -Stock (Borla catback)

*various other 93 cobras, #15, #4105, #2587, #539
#2381, #4724, #298, #1153 RIP
escogt
Fox Mustang Enthusiast

Post by escogt »

BrettT wrote:Anybody notice the cert?
Not the original one either.
'85GT Bright Atlantic Blue (K7)
'92LX Bimini Blue (K3)
'93COBRA #1521 Teal/Black (RD) SOLD
'93COBRA #163 Black/Gray leather (UA) M.I.A.
93_Teal_Cobra

Post by 93_Teal_Cobra »

Hello everyone,

I am a new member to the registry as of today. I was encouraged to become a member of the registry by a fellow 93 Cobra owner and member to this registry this afternoon as he inquired about my car, which is the one that you all are talking about here. I had a great conversation with him about these cars in general and he provided me with some really valuable information about my car which I did not know (And I thought I was an expert on these cars). In fact, I am tempted to forget selling the car altogether as a result of that conversation. However, I'm still exploring the possibility of selling.

I didn’t know I was attracting negative attention as a response to my ad on Craigslist. Nonetheless, I appreciate the critique. I have now added the picture of my SVT certificate with the full VIN. I didn’t really think that one all the way out, nor did I realize that it was a HUGE :nono: . With all of the scams and such, I suppose I thought I was protecting myself by not providing the full VIN. In retrospect, I see now that I created what I was attempting to avoid. It actually makes no sense at all now that I think of it. Come to think of it, I suppose I didn't even have to put a picture of the certificate in my ad. The only reason I placed a pic of the certificate on there is because I was simply trying to avoid those questions of 'Hey is this a real Cobra?' and the like... I hope we all have those moments of :pat: from time to time. At any rate, the full VIN is 1FACP42D5PF178676. And no, the certificate is not the original. I suppose the original owner decided it wasn't important. I'm just happy to have a SVT certificate, even if it's not stamped by O.J. Coletti. Hey, at least mine is stamped by a member of the Ford family...LOL

As for the pictures, Craigslist only allows so many pictures. The passenger side is just fine along with all other sides of the car, even the under 'side'. I'm happy to provide pictures to whomever might be interested. Nothing to hide. It is what it is. So, on to the 'details'

First, all of the VIN tags are in place and accounted for including the bumpers, hood, fenders, decklid, doors, etc.

I've owned the car for ten years. Although I've owned the car a long time, I've not researched it via Carfax. It just never really mattered to me, I was just happy to have it. The car is showing 83k miles. I was told when I bought the car that the mileage then was actual (showing 67k at the time). I was drooling over the fact that I was buying a 93 Cobra so I didn't really care about mileage. I have never pulled the carfax nor do I know much about carfax, so I cannot confirm if there are records on there with regard to mileage. Actually, I'm not even sure if carfax will do the trick or not (Maybe you guys can advise?). All I do know is that I have put about 16k miles on the car since I have owned it (it's never been a daily driver). I was in college for about 4.5 years from '05-'10 and it was rarely taken out of the garage in those days. The title says 'Exempt' under the 'Odometer' column. I have not researched to see exactly what this means. As you all know, there is not a sixth digit on the odometer, so I'm assuming this is what is meant by 'Exempt'. When I bought the car, all I wanted was a '93 Cobra and mileage was of no concern to me at the time as I never intended on selling the car. But, about a month ago I found out that me and my wife are expecting our first child so I started to seriously consider selling my Cobra. But I'm not against having a carseat in the back seat of my Cobra...

Now the details:

Original stock engine, no internal mods. Only bolt ons directly to the block are a set of BBK shorties. All sensors are stock, stock injectors, stock throttle body, MAF sensor, etc. Off road X pipe, 2.5'' flowmaster two chamber through 2.5'' tailpipes (to me it sounds incredible, but I would rather have it be original in that department as well). ALL MODS LISTED ABOVE WERE INSTALLED BEFORE I PURCHASED THE CAR. The original radiator was replaced with a fully welded aluminum 3 row last year. Electric fan with adjustable thermostat (also powers up when the A/C is turned on). Everything else is stock. I cannot think of anything else in the drivetrain to mention, but please ask any questions.

Today, someone asked me about the side skirt extension on the drivers side. Also I saw an earlier post to the same question. When I bought the car the extension was scratched and was repaired at that time. However, I did look at it tonight and it is a bit misaligned, maybe 3/16 of an inch.

The car was repainted last year. Long story short, the prior owner thought it was a bright idea to install a bra on the front of the car... Epic Fail. There was minor checking to the front portion of the hood along with some fading issues between that area and the rest of the car. As the years went along, it became worse, so I finally decided to paint the car. All VIN tags were protected, so no overspray on those.

A/C system was fully rebuilt last year as well. This includes the compressor, accumulator, condenser, evaporator, high/low pressure lines, etc.

Interior I'd say is a 7/10 (typical wear for 20 year old car). All glass is original and no cracks, chips that I know of. Sunroof is the factory unit. The fuel pump seemed to be going out last summer so I replaced it with a Walbro unit.

I cannot think of anything else to detail at this time, but please, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. It's a great car and I have certainly enjoyed it. If it sells, okay, if it stays in my garage, great. Nobody really wants to sell their Cobra anyway. If I keep it, I look forward to talking with you guys and learning more about these awesome cars in the future. Thank you all.
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

Now that's an excellent description about your car! Nice job and good luck with sale.

There's a member or two on here that may be able to run your VIN on Carfax, which may be able to answer your questions on the mileage. I say may because it has been shown many times that not everything on Carfax is accurate (although mileage numbers via state registration/inspection recs are usu. pretty good).

I'm sure you were told how rare your teal/black is along w/the other valuable info on your car. There's plenty more to learn on this site. Welcome.
03 COBRA Black with VMP
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

$13.5K = good price
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

Agree, that is an excellent description.

Welcome also!
If, you didn't know already
You have 1 of 74 Teal/Black cobra's with the OPTION of a SUNROOF, and 1 of 185 Teal Cobra's with black interior.
JohnLynch

Post by JohnLynch »

TN or FL where is the car located?
93 Cobra Teal/Gray #3223 -Stock (Borla catback)

*various other 93 cobras, #15, #4105, #2587, #539
#2381, #4724, #298, #1153 RIP
96cobra

Post by 96cobra »

Car is in Florida