1 owner Black Gray leather 202k orig miles Angier NC

Cobras For Sale from National & Local listings, ebay, craigslist, autotrader, etc...

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

JohnLynch

1 owner Black Gray leather 202k orig miles Angier NC

Post by JohnLynch »

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/4451194723.html

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7165

VIN: 1FACP42D4PF141859

One owner 1993 Mustang Cobra #2296 of 4993 For Sale; April 23, 1993 build date.
Black Exterior / Opal Gray Interior. Clear North Carolina Title.
Please follow this link for much more info and 140+ photos: http://s64.photobucket.com/user/rfsrufu ... bra%202296

Options: Mustang Cobra 250A Preferred equipment package (power equipment group, manual air conditioning, front floor mats), clearcoat paint, 4-way power driver's seat, rear window defroster, arctic sport leather seat surface.

Very well documented, complete, original, one owner Cobra. Meticulously maintained. No accidents / retains all body VIN stickers. Garaged and drives "as new" today. Never smoked in.

Documentation:
Fully documented with original: window sticker, SVT certificate, copy of dealer invoice, and dealer retail purchase order agreements (on initial vehicle order and at delivery). Further unique documentation includes a copy of the Ford employee / retiree application for new vehicle purchase and dealer production status reports showing the forecast production dates for this Cobra.

Complete:
2 original sets of keys (one set showing gold patina, the other as new)
4 original locking lug nuts and one original locking lug nut key
Original Cobra floormats with minimal wear
Original jack, tire wrench (incld'g attached locking lug nut key) and unused spare
Ford factory service manual with wiring and vacuum diagrams

Spares are good. . ...just in case:
1 extra (matching) locking lug nut, and 1 extra (matching) locking lug nut key
1 extra owner's manual in plastic wallet

Paint:
100% original paint on all metal body surfaces.

Originality:
The only four modifications, Pro 5.0 shifter, Ford Motorsport ceramic coated "shorty" headers, intake silencer removed, and Ford Motorsport blue silicon coolant hoses are all easily reversed. The original headers, shifter, and intake silencer go with the car.

Lubricants / Fluids:
Synthetic lubricants used exclusively since first servicing: Mobil 1 (10w-30), Mobil 1 synthetic ATF in the T-5 transmission, Ford 75w-140 synthetic gear oil in the differential, Mobil 1 wheel bearing grease and Castrol LMA (Low Moisture Activity) brake fluid.

Asking price: $14,000 Please contact by CL mail relay. 202,367 (mostly interstate / highway) miles. I'm sorry, I must clear cars from my garage and can't trade.....
See the Hagerty site for the latest '93 Cobra prices:
https://www.hagerty.com/valuationtools/ ... ?vc=802302
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
93 Cobra Teal/Gray #3223 -Stock (Borla catback)

*various other 93 cobras, #15, #4105, #2587, #539
#2381, #4724, #298, #1153 RIP
rufus

Re: 1 owner Black Gray leather 202k orig miles Angier NC

Post by rufus »

This Car is SOLD!!
JohnLynch

Post by JohnLynch »

rufus wrote:This Car is SOLD!!

Congrats! Did you get $14.5k for it?

rufus

Post by rufus »

JohnLynch wrote:
rufus wrote:This Car is SOLD!!

Congrats! Did you get $14.5k for it?
Thanks.

I'll leave it to the buyer (a veteran Mustang owner, active club member, etc) to answer if he shows up here.

After inspecting and driving the car, he exclaimed it was like a well cared for 75,000 mile car instead of one with 202k miles. He went on to say it looked better in person than he expected from the description and pics. Overall he was thrilled with the car, that he was buying it from the original owner, the history, the records / documentation and its patina. He understands that once a car's history is lost, major components are changed, it's changed hands, painted, wrecked, or modified, the originality is diminished.....and likely gone forever. And cars that retain all this are the ones that will command the highest future prices. (This was my first, and only 1993 Mustang Cobra, but I learned this from 40+ years of experience with many other older desirable performance / sports cars.....starting with my first performance car, a 1968 Z/28 I bought from the original owner in 1971, owned twice, and made money on).

What I will say about the sale price is it was much closer to my ask than to the insulting lowball offers by those trying to BS me into giving it away. The opportunity to buy something like this doesn't come along very often, and now there's one less original owner 1993 Mustang Cobra in the world....
VA93SVT

Post by VA93SVT »

Beautiful car! Congrats on the sale. You should be commended for taking care of this car so well over all these years. A true example of how one can enjoy driving their car while maintaining it in tip top shape, all the while maintaining its value.
Past One: 1993 Cobra Teal/Gray #3223
JohnLynch

Post by JohnLynch »

VA93SVT wrote:Beautiful car! Congrats on the sale. You should be commended for taking care of this car so well over all these years. A true example of how one can enjoy driving their car while maintaining it in tip top shape, all the while maintaining its value.

Long time no see Tony welcome back.

VA93SVT

Post by VA93SVT »

thanks.
rufus

Post by rufus »

VA93SVT wrote:Beautiful car! Congrats on the sale. You should be commended for taking care of this car so well over all these years. A true example of how one can enjoy driving their car while maintaining it in tip top shape, all the while maintaining its value.
Thanks for your kind words Tony. In the past few years, I've had the pleasure of speaking at length with the (still) original owners of two interesting cars from the early 1960's. One the owner of a 1965 Corvette L-79; the other of a 1961 or (1962?) Lotus. Imagine owning the same car for 45-50 years!! Makes me feel like I was just getting to know my Cobra after 'only' 21 years.

The stories each of these owners told about experiences with their cars were fascinating. The owner of the Lotus remembered how he was leaving the Watkins Glen Formula 1 race back in the '60's when his car broke down. Along came a big black limo which pulled over and stopped. Out came none other than Colin Chapman (founder of Lotus), and other F1 team members to help. They just couldn't bear passing a stranded Lotus! In short order the car was running again, and on its way home. So my acquaintance's car was worked on by the company founder on the side of the road! To me this kind of history is simply priceless......something inevitably lost when cars change hands. BTW, I recall being on the way from Cincy to Indy to see practice for the 500 in the '60's with a friend in his family's 1965 260cid V-8 Mustang. As we passed a similar Lotus on I-74 at maybe 75-80 mph, I signaled its driver challenging him to race. Darned if that 1200 lb Lotus didn't catch and blow by our Mustang as we accelerated up to maybe 100!

My problem is that although I was raised in a 100% Ford home, I'm not locked in to any one brand of car. To me there are just so many great cars to choose from, why not sample as many as possible? (.....not in a position to do this with women, so cars are the next best thing, I guess.)

Regards,
Bob
VA93SVT

Post by VA93SVT »

Cool story Bob, and couldn't agree more with your assessments about original owners or cars with good ownership history.