Teal/ leather sunroof 63k miles mods $12,500 FL

Cobras For Sale from National & Local listings, ebay, craigslist, autotrader, etc...

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

WillyB93

Teal/ leather sunroof 63k miles mods $12,500 FL

Post by WillyB93 »

The 1993 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra was launched during the 1992 Chicago Auto Show. It was the premier vehicle of Ford's newly established SVT division, designed to showcase SVT's four hallmarks of Performance, Substance, Exclusivity and Value. The exterior of the 1993 SVT Cobra does not represent a radical departure from the year's GT model: However, there are subtle differences, as explained below. The true redesign and upgrade occurred beneath the bodywork: The powertrain was driven by a 302 CID V8 (5.0L) motor, producing 235 hp (175 kW) and 280 ft•lbs (380 N•m) of torque. According to Road & Track, this could send a Cobra through the 1/4 mile in 14.5 seconds at a top speed of 98 mph (158 km/h). Acceleration from zero to 60 mph (97 km/h) took 5.9 seconds. The drivetrain received an upgraded transmission, rear disc brakes, and for the first time on a factory Mustang, 17" unidirectional wheels. The suspension was not neglected, either: Cobra models received a softer, more compliant ride compared to the GT model. This was accomplished with model-specific springs and sway bars.
Year Model Production 1993 Hatchback 4,993, Cobra R 107, Total 5,100
Engine: The 1993 SVT Cobra's short block (cylinder block, crankshaft, rods, and pistons) was carried over from the GT model. To this, Ford SVT engineers added the following performance items:
Cylinder Heads: GT-40 "High Flow" Cast Iron heads were installed. They were milled for 62.5 cc combustion chambers. Valves measure 1.84" (46.7 mm) intake, and 1.54" (39.1 mm) exhaust. The valves are actuated by Cobra-specific 1.7 ratio roller rockers, constructed of aluminum and produced for Ford by Crane Cams. Part Numbers: F3ZZ-6049-B (head), F3ZZ-6507-A (intake valve), F3ZZ-6505-A (exhaust valve), F3ZE-6529-AB (rockers).
Intake Manifold: The Cobra upper manifold was unique to the 1993 Cobra and had a 2.75" (70.0mm) diameter round throttle body opening, diverting air into (8) round staggered ports, each 1.64" (41.7 mm) diameter. The lower manifold was identical to the GT-40 manifold used by Ford Racing; it redirects airflow to a rectangular port configuration as needed by the cylinder heads. Part Numbers: F3ZZ-9424-C (upper manifold),F3ZZ-9424-D (lower).
Camshaft: The cam is of the hydraulic roller type (same as the GT). However, the Cobra cam has unique specifications of 0.479"/0.479" (12.2 mm/12.2 mm) intake/exhaust lift, (209°/209°) duration at 0.050" (1.27 mm), and a lobe separation of 118.3°, Part Number: F3ZE-6250-CA.
Air/Fuel Delivery: The increased airflow and fuel consumption of the Cobra required these upgraded components: Larger (compared to the GT) 24 lb/hr fuel injectors, 2.75" (70.0 mm) MAF meter, 2.56" (65.0 mm) throttle body, and matching EGR plate handle the increased breathing of the motor. A specially calibrated X3Z EEC-IV engine control unit runs the system. Part Numbers: F1TZ-9F593-C (injectors), FIZF-12B579-AA (meter), F3ZF-12A650-CA (ECU).
Accessories: The crankshaft pulley diameter decreased by 14% (as compared to the GT) in order to under-drive the alternator, A/C, and smog pump, all to increase power. The water pump pulley also decreased in diameter by the same amount in order to preserve the ratio of pump speed, and thus coolant flow. These smaller accessory pulleys necessitated a shorter serpentine belt. Part Numbers: F3ZZ-6A312-A (crank pulley), F3ZZ-8509-A (water pump pulley), F3ZZ-8620-A (belt).
Exhaust: To extract the maximum amount of power from the Cobra's power plant, Ford engineers used tuned mufflers with lower restriction (as compared to the GT). While the factory headers and H-pipe remained the same, the tailpipes were similar to that of a Mustang LX 5.0L (Sport) model in that they had straight stainless steel tips (instead of turn-down tips on the GT). This is because the Cobra had a revised rear fascia, allowing (unlike the GT) for an exposed dual exhaust. Part Numbers: F3ZZ-5230-A, stamped F3ZC-5230-CC (RH muffler), F3ZZ-5230-A, stamped F3ZC-5232-DC (LH muffler)
Drivetrain: With the increased engine output of the new Mustang SVT Cobra, the Borg-Warner World Class T-5 transmission needed an internal upgrade, which allowed it to yield a higher torque capacity compared to the standard World Class T-5. This upgrade consisted of custom gearing 1- 3(which were reduce 10% and hardened), 4th/5th (just hardened) gear was the same as standard T-5s found in the LX/GTs. The clutch for the Cobra was increased holding capacity by way of a higher clamping force pressure plate using the same 10.5" diameter as the GT/LX.
Suspension: Shocks/Struts: The Cobra outsourced production of shocks and struts to the aftermarket manufacturer Tokico. The components used were specifically valved for the new car. Part Numbers: F3ZZ-18124-A (front struts), F3ZZ-18125-A (rear shocks).
This 1993 mustang cobra is number 4594 out of 4993. The car has 62,595 original miles. I bought this car 2 years ago from a best friend. My friend originally purchased the car in 1994. I am the third owner. I have spent the last 2 years restoring the cobra. I had the car re painted in December of 2013. I had the front bumper cover replaced as well. Before I purchased the mustang the car was hit by a rouge wheel that came off someone's car while they were driving. No extreme damage was done to the cobra other than the front bumper cover. It had a crack in it. All fixed now. Also sometime when my friend first got the car his mom had the car and had a small parking lot crash. It was repaired by a reputable body shop right away. The car has a clear title. I also installed new seats out of a 2003 mustang cobra svt. I installed a new pioneer cd player and custom white face3 gauges that say svt cobra from black cat custom automotive. The car is completely stock other than full exhaust with off-road h-pipe, flow master mufflers and shorty headers. The car also has 3:73 gears and a k&n cold air intake. There are a lot of other things I did to the car like new starter, new tires, new water pump, exc, exc. I really love this cobra but I just don't have time to work on it anymore. The car has lived in Albuquerque, NM its entire life. I moved to Florida 1.5 years ago and the car just sits in the garage under the car cover. I think it is time to sell her to someone that will enjoy driving it! I have all receipts for everything I had done to the COBRA. If you have any questions please call me Steve @ 813-817-7453
1facp42d6pf189511

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/4536091077.html
93 Black on black sunroof #1835
04 Comp. Orange Coupe #348
93 Reef Blue SSP LX Coupe (SOLD)
91 Wild Strawberry Coupe (SOLD)
93 Teal and Black #1521 (SOLD)
93 Vibrant Red and Leather #3038 (SOLD)
04 Mystichrome Coupe #529 of #1010 (SOLD)
sbh1980

Re: Teal/ leather sunroof 63k miles mods $12,500 FL

Post by sbh1980 »

I own her now shes in good hands