Scam Alert!!!!

Cobras For Sale from National & Local listings, ebay, craigslist, autotrader, etc...

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

Silver Fox

Scam Alert!!!!

Post by Silver Fox »

Found this

http://www.carsforsale.com/used-cars-fo ... -251159661

After Email communication with alleged seller, here is the last email I received from the seller SNOW QUEEN:

SNOW QUEEN
6:20 AM (58 minutes ago)

Hello,

Due to the high volume of internet scams, i will send the car to your home address COD ( CASH ON DELIVERY ) so in this way this will be a safe transaction for both of us. As you probably noticed, the price is rather low, the reason I selling the car at this price is because i have to pay 18000 usd for registration here in Portugal. The car is here in my garage in Portugal. I can drive the car here, the insurance is still available until next month. When insurance expire, i can't drive it, so i have to register the car here. I can't spend 18000 usd for registration so i have to sell it. Now, I can't come to USA to sell the car because I'll spend money and lose more time, my only chance to sell this car is to find a buyer in the U.S. or another country. I can send the car to your home, transport will take approximately 19 days, after you receive the car you will have another two days to inspect it. When the inspection period ends, the transport company will contact you and if there are any issues with the car you can decline it. If all is good, I'm sure it will be, you will be able to transfer your name in the title to your local DMV.
I give you the chance to receive the car at your home address BEFORE i receive my money for it.
PLEASE SEND ME YOUR PHONE NUMBER AND WE WILL TALK ALL DETAILS.
Romo93

Re: Scam Alert!!!!

Post by Romo93 »

Sounds like a perfectly smooth transaction waiting to happen. :pat:
1993 Black / Black Cobra #3929. V3 with a couple bolt-ons - 63,000 miles and counting....
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

Silver Fox wrote:Found this

I give you the chance to receive the car at your home address BEFORE i receive my money for it.
Wow!!! A buyer won't have pay the seller for this Cobra before it arrives! The buyer will only have to pay the seller for shipping this imaginary Cobra. What a bargain! :twak:
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
Cobra1993

Post by Cobra1993 »

Hi
Am living in kuwait and i intrested on your car. Could you please send me more pic or video.
Do you have svt certificat. Dose it had an accedents. Please contact me call or whtsp
+965 96664607

Thanks
Ahmad
RickyBogo

Post by RickyBogo »

its back...
http://www.carsforsale.com/used-cars-fo ... -251284653

Damn it. I emailed him for more pics and got them, was going to make an offer and try to arrange something with him soon too. Everything seemed legit, except the price.
Rick
1993 Red 5.0 Coupe
(some assembly required)

Keeping an eye out for a clean Teal Cobra, at a driver price. :)
RickyBogo

Post by RickyBogo »

the email i got from him....

Hello,

Due to the high volume of internet scams, i will send the car to your home address COD ( CASH ON DELIVERY ) so in this way this will be a safe transaction for both of us. As you probably noticed, the price is rather low, the reason I selling the car at this price is because i have to pay 18000 usd for registration here in Portugal. The car is here in my garage in Portugal. I can drive the car here, the insurance is still available until next month. When insurance expire, i can't drive it, so i have to register the car here. I can't spend 18000 usd for registration so i have to sell it. Now, I can't come to USA to sell the car because I'll spend money and lose more time, my only chance to sell this car is to find a buyer in the U.S. or another country. I can send the car to your home, transport will take approximately 19 days, after you receive the car you will have another two days to inspect it. When the inspection period ends, the transport company will contact you and if there are any issues with the car you can decline it. If all is good, I'm sure it will be, you will be able to transfer your name in the title to your local DMV.

Thanks

im curious though, if it doesnt cost e anything, what risk it is to me?

I emailed him back. we'll see.
Rick
1993 Red 5.0 Coupe
(some assembly required)

Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

^^^

What state are you in, Ricky?
03 COBRA Black with VMP
RickyBogo

Post by RickyBogo »

Detroit, MI

so now i get this response from him.....
I just dont understand if he is scamming, which it seems he is, how he can come ou ahead on this.

-----------------------------
"Yes right !
Send me your phone number so we can talk

Thank you

----------------------------

so you are willing to ship it to me, and if i choose to keep it, i pay you your asking price?
If not, I return it to you?

Rick
Rick
1993 Red 5.0 Coupe
(some assembly required)

Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

Z282SLO wrote: What state are you in, Ricky?
RickyBogo wrote: Detroit, MI

C'mon, Ricky! You must be in a state of confusion if you really think this is not a scam. :smokin:
03 COBRA Black with VMP
RickyBogo

Post by RickyBogo »

Im deep in my coupe project and would need to somehow sell it to buy that car, but wow do I desperately want that car. I dont want to beleive its a scam, but deep down i know it is.

They hit me where it hurts. I just dont get how this scam could screw anyone. I must be missing something.
Rick
1993 Red 5.0 Coupe
(some assembly required)

Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

RickyBogo wrote:I must be missing something.
Do you really think there's a Cobra in Portugal ready to be shipped to you at no cost and for you to inspect before deciding to purchase?!? That is way beyond wishful thinking! The "something" you're missing is that when you send the scammer your number so you "can talk", he is going to require you to pay shipping or some other BS fee prior to the car being sent to you.

Don't forget - "Buyer, beware!" and "If it's too good to be true, it probably is." and, last but not least, "A fool and his money are soon parted." Limit your Cobra search to the many legit ones for sale in the States. You'll eventually find what you're looking for. Better yet, take my advice from the last post in the following thread - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7662. Maybe you'll scare this guy a little.
03 COBRA Black with VMP
RickyBogo

Post by RickyBogo »

someone needs to punch that scammer right in his stupid face.

I wonder what the car, if it even exists, actually looks like.
Rick
1993 Red 5.0 Coupe
(some assembly required)

Cobra1993

Post by Cobra1993 »

When I email him last week he replied to me in which country you are living ..........?
I asked him for his phone number but he did not replay.. !
Reky ... Wish you to get what you looking for, smoothly

But I my feeling like z282slo, At last moment he will ask for some money for. Shipping process.

Goodluck
vinchez78
'93 Cobra Luhva

Post by vinchez78 »

This dude is legit :smokin:
BLK on Leather