#315 Black-GreyLeather-Aftermarket Sunroof 127k $12.5k

Cobras For Sale from National & Local listings, ebay, craigslist, autotrader, etc...

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

BrettT

#315 Black-GreyLeather-Aftermarket Sunroof 127k $12.5k

Post by BrettT »

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/4921254443.html

Vin# 1FACP42D4PF136774
Build# 315

Thinking of selling my 93 Cobra. Car has quite a few modificatins and turns lots of heads. Real Cobra #315 out of 4993 built. No rust, no damage. Been a California and Colorado car only. I am sure I am missing all kinds of things but here it goes.

Engine Basics:

FRPP Crate 302 with aluminum GT40 heads, B cam.
Procharger P1SC supercharger with FMIC
Shorty Headers
New Magnaflow stainless steel exhaust with bigger tips (exhaust in pics is old Dynomax)
Holley Systemax Intake
Holley 75mm throttle body
Fluidyne Aluminum Radiator

Drivetrain Basics:

Astro A5 transmission (power shattered the gears in the T5Z, but will include it if you want)
Centerforce dual friction clutch (26 spline)
Steeda Tri-Axe shifter
Maximum Motorsports clutch quadrant and clutch pedal height adjuster
3.73 gears
Yukon foxbody length 5 lug axle shafts

Chassis basics:

QA1 tubular subframe
QA1 front coilovers
Boxed rear control arms and springs (unknown brand)
welded subframe connectors
94-95 front spindles
Maximum Motorsports camber plates
SSBC Tri-Power Big brake kit (5-lug, uses C5 Corvette pads much needed and stops amazingly well but also can include stock brakes)
SSBC Rear big brake kit with North Racecar brackets
Stainless brake lines
18x9 and 18x10 Deep Dish Cobra R wheels
255 and 305 Michelin Pilot tires
trunk mount battery and cutoff switch mounted in license plate

Body Basics:

Cervini Cowl Hood
Has ASC tilt and slide electric sunroof (appears to be a dealer installed option with relocated interior lights and sliding sunshade)

Issues:

1) Needs a tune. When the boost hits it overwhelms the C&L MAF sensor big time. Have a blow through MAF sensor and 03-04 injectors with adaptors if you would like to add them. I was wrestling with the direction I wanted to go and I rarely drove it so never got around to addressing this. Cruises fine and moderate throttle it does fine. When you mash it all hell breaks loose and it stumbles when the boost comes on before it settles and takes off again. I used to have it clocked in a way that it would work but couldn't find a spot where it would work when I replaced the throttle body. Has an FMU on stock sized but newer 24lb injectors. I couldn't decide if I wanted a tune or a standalone so it sat as is.

2) Astro A5 transmission 3-4 synchro never took hold when the transmission was built. You have to rev match the shifts. Probably on a couple thousand on the transmission and I do not race so I just granny shifted when going from 3 to 4. Transmission is perfect otherwise and has the hardened shift keys so you can pound on it once the synchro is fixed.

3) Body work issues: Paint looks good from far but is far from good. One chip on drivers side sail panel and spider webs on trunk. Needs paint at some point. People driving next to me freak out and I get lots of compliments so it looks okay until you really look at it. Front fenders need better alignment with the hood. Passenger fender seems to be pusher in a little like a big guy leaned against it or something. I didn't notice for a long time so it is not bad. Driver's side cobra emblem is facing forward instead of backward. Passenger rear view mirror glass fell off. Taillights or not OE. And back bumper has a tear where is looks like a trailer hitch hit it. Should be repairable. Sunroof needs to be "bumped" to close at the right spot. I am probably making it sound worse than it really is but I am picky.

4) Coolant leak, I have to top it off when I go for a drive occasionally. I think it is because the supercharger belt rubs the overflow tank and rubbed a slit into it. Sometimes the radiator seems wet but had the same issue with the OE radiator so maybe it is the overflow or a hose. I am sure it could be traced pretty easily.

BrettT

Re: #315 Black-GreyLeather-Aftermarket Sunroof 127k $12.5k

Post by BrettT »