21,500 miles Just sold

Cobras For Sale from National & Local listings, ebay, craigslist, autotrader, etc...

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

lukewood2

21,500 miles Just sold

Post by lukewood2 »

Moose

Re: 21,500 miles Just sold

Post by Moose »

Well, I'm jealous. I've been keeping an eye on ebay yet for whatever reason I never saw that particular car come up. Searched completed listings and there it is!

I just missed another one someone sold fairly close to me in Concord, NH. A teal one with ~400 miles and stock for twenty thousand asking price. I was on that like a fly on stink as soon as I saw the ad.

Of course, for all I know it was a flim flammer with a rolled over odo but It looked brand spankin' new on the pics. Plus the guy was courteous enough to respond to my email even though he had sold the car already. So, he seemed like a stand up guy.

His ad was a bit out of the way...apparently the car had been for sale for quite some time and he JUST sold it the week before I called him. And now this...what a soul crushing week! I'll get a nice 93 cobra...some day. It's getting much harder to find non ghetto versions at good prices.
JohnLynch

Post by JohnLynch »

Damn that seemed to good to be true. I would have bought that all day long as well. I want another black one!
93 Cobra Teal/Gray #3223 -Stock (Borla catback)

*various other 93 cobras, #15, #4105, #2587, #539
#2381, #4724, #298, #1153 RIP
lukewood2

Post by lukewood2 »

Moose wrote:Well, I'm jealous. I've been keeping an eye on ebay yet for whatever reason I never saw that particular car come up. Searched completed listings and there it is!

I just missed another one someone sold fairly close to me in Concord, NH. A teal one with ~400 miles and stock for twenty thousand asking price. I was on that like a fly on stink as soon as I saw the ad.

Of course, for all I know it was a flim flammer with a rolled over odo but It looked brand spankin' new on the pics. Plus the guy was courteous enough to respond to my email even though he had sold the car already. So, he seemed like a stand up guy.

His ad was a bit out of the way...apparently the car had been for sale for quite some time and he JUST sold it the week before I called him. And now this...what a soul crushing week! I'll get a nice 93 cobra...some day. It's getting much harder to find non ghetto versions at good prices.
It sold in like 2 hours. You looking?
lukewood2

Post by lukewood2 »

JohnLynch wrote:Damn that seemed to good to be true. I would have bought that all day long as well. I want another black one!
Haha right? I looked at it this morning and thought that is a good price and went back to check again and it was gone...
Moose

Post by Moose »

lukewood2 wrote:
Moose wrote:.
It sold in like 2 hours. You looking?
2 hours?! Well a low mile good looking car like that I'm not surprised! No wonder I never saw it...I was at work! I feel slightly less miffed that it wasn't some longstanding auction that never showed up for me.

And yes, I am actively looking. Criteria being:
-Preferably something near the Massachusetts area, though not too particular about that since I could always have it transported.
- Preferably black or teal, but for the right condition/priced car would not omit red. Black most favored, teal a close second, red a fairly distant third.
- No sunroof but again not too picky about that. All other options don't matter much. The less options the better, I think! (Less to break.) Plus I know that leather can have issues.
- 20k-30k mile or lower car and stock. (Some mods/bolt ons ok as long as the seller has all the stock parts and can return it to stock.)
-Good interior and paint. (NO rust). A slight scuff or paint blemish is fine as would be expected of a car or that's over 20 years old and has seen a little road. I don't want a total garage queen as the price for a perfect specimen would probably be through the roof, plus I do intend to drive it on the nicest of days.

So yes, any leads would be much appreciated! Thanks.
sc-rcode

Post by sc-rcode »

Moose there is a nice looking blk on blk cobra listed on Hemmings.It is a 35k mile car #664 in Alvin Tx for $25k.I know nothing about the car,but someone one here might chime in on it.If nothing else you might look into it to see if it is a nice car.Good luck with your search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Moose

Post by Moose »

sc-rcode wrote:Moose there is a nice looking blk on blk cobra listed on Hemmings.It is a 35k mile car #664 in Alvin Tx for $25k.I know nothing about the car,but someone one here might chime in on it.If nothing else you might look into it to see if it is a nice car.Good luck with your search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the input. I've seen Hemmings and 25k is well out of my range for a 30,000+ mile car. For that money on top of a flawless car I'd want a 4 digit odometer reading. I could understand a triple digit mint car going for 30k, too for the right person...but I'm not that guy. Hell I just missed that one I mentioned in Concord, NH that had ~400 miles Teal for $20,000 last week. (That one stings!)

I'm aiming for a driver for those perfect days, so really I'd rather not take the excessive markup on crazy low mileage and a literally mint car. Unless one like that concord car or this ebay one fall in to my lap, I'll aim realistically for 20-40,000 miles or so and a paint scuff or two or three for ~20k or less. I'm confident with a little time and searching I can find one well under 20k. (Such as this ebay one, or that Concord one which were both a steal.)

I think if I were to go full on garage queen I'd go $50k+ for an R, but I'm not looking for one of those....yet. Gateway is looking for like 99k for one of their R's. I think they're out of their minds. They'll probably be worth it 10+ years from now but that day isn't today!