#4072 Black/C6 converted to DJ

Cobras For Sale from National & Local listings, ebay, craigslist, autotrader, etc...

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

BrettT

#4072 Black/C6 converted to DJ

Post by BrettT »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-Co ... 1898921429

Vin# 1FACP42D0PF179900
Build# 4072
**The car is located near Victoria on Vancouver Island, NOT in Maple Ridge as the listing states.**

This is a 1993 SVT Cobra that has been extensively modified so MCA purists, run away now...
Cobra #4072 of 4993 has been modified to the point of no return if you wanted to return it to 100% original. The car wasn’t original when I bought it so I continued it down the path to the dark side and built it to my liking. And what I like are cars to enjoy and not keep in bubble wrap hoping they become collectors. If you’re a Mustang purist then look away, find another car and keep your comments to yourself. I played with my Hot Wheels as a kid and have never stopped since.

I have the SVT certificate from Ford and you can run the VIN to verify that it is a real ’93 Cobra and obtain all the options that it came with so there’s no point in me listing the factory specs for this model built.
Go to http://www.1993cobra.com for all you need to know about these great cars and then scratch your head as to why I’d ruin one.

I’ve owned it for almost nine years and according to the auto check when I bought it, I'm the fourth owner. I brought it home from WA State with a clean title, bill of sale, and had it imported by a customs broker with all the accompanying paperwork. I own it outright and plan to sell it to someone who will as well. If you need financing, approval for a loan, or your wife’s permission please don’t waste both our time.
The car had 77800 miles on it when I bought it, had 87840 miles when we did the motor build/clutch in August of last year, and currently has 87985 miles. Driven as a weekend toy and garage kept by myself and the previous owner.
As long as I’ve owned it, no one that has touched the car mechanically or cosmetically is anything but a trusted professional with high standards approaching OCD and an “anality" matching my own.

Body/Exterior:
There is no bondo or filler on this car. It was never hit and never had rust. Every panel thats been altered is because of my vision for the finished result and not damage repair. The car is straight, has been welded in metal and finished to a high degree of sanding and primer. All work performed by master body men to a high level, they don’t work at Maaco. Prep for paint will be minimal and once sprayed this will be one very smooth, clean Fox body.

Black clear coat code UA is the original color though there’s not much left
Not the original hood, but has been resurfaced and prepped in black primer.
Roof skin from a solid roof hatchback. The sunroof never leaked, I just never liked it and the way to change that properly isn’t with an ill fitting patch. It was done right with all the bracing in tact and meticulously welded/grinded/sanded and finished in grey primer.
Rear wing removed, holes welded in and lower hatch finished in black primer. I no longer have the Cobra wing.
GT front bumper from Latemodel Restoration Supply (LRS). I no longer have the Cobra bumper.
Side skirts and rear bumper are the original Ford parts this car was built with.
Aluminum satin finish air deflector from UPR
Antenna shaved, filled and primed
All emblems shaved
Door mouldings removed
Fender lips rolled and primed
One piece black headlights from LRS. The four amber corners are now the daytime run lights
Original tail light housings re painted Ford ext trim black. Lenses from LRS and are the black ’84 SVO style with the pin striping removed
Fog lights removed
New driver mirror from LRS. Passenger mirror removed, Scott Rod Fab (SRF) satin black aluminum mirror cover.
Door to body weather strip, door belt & roof rail weather strip from LRS
Ford replacement door handles, original Ford locks and keys work
LRS cowl vent, LRS wiper arms not shown but included. Using UPR billet wiper deletes painted satin black
The quarter window mouldings are in good cond, not perfect but not too sun faded
The front/rear window trim is a little faded and would look better replaced after painting the car
As far as I’m aware the glass is mostly original Ford Carlite. I’ve never replaced or repaired any of it, there is faint water spotting but there’s no tint or scratches. Rear defroster still works

Interior:
All factory plastic trim panels are gone, the factory sound deadener has been completely scraped/torched off and entire floor sprayed in several coats of DEI Boom Mat sound insulator
Roof is 1/4” DynaLiner sound insulated, no headliner or trim
SRF satin black aluminum inner mirror covers
Black dash is in excellent cond with no holes, cracks or sun bleaching. New LRS black dash pad, lower dash painted matching Ford interior black.
All gauges work and a 3-3/8 Auto Meter Sport-Comp 8000 RPM tach is mounted in dash, replacing the factory one. Fits under the cluster lens, looks factory
Steering column is from an ’89 car, able to install any aftermarket steering wheel.
Momo hub adapter, NRG spacer, 330 mm Nardi Deep Corn mahogany wood/ black spokes, working black Grant horn button.
Middle air vents removed for an Auto Meter gauge mount I haven’t finished yet.
Heater core replaced a year ago but air cond removed. Still have the working compressor
Radio removed, you don’t need it
Custom centre console in Ford interior black. UPR black billet switches work but AC removed. Custom fabricated switch panel for Moroso accessory toggles/lights. Ford power window switches relocated there.
Fabricated e-brake cover/ fire ex mount, black HalGaurd safe agent 1.40lb extinguisher
Ozite lightweight floor material from middle foot well to rear seat hump, UPR stainless steel door sill plates in satin finish.
Checkered Sports aluminum driver/passenger foot plates
SRP aluminum racing “Grid” pedals in black/silver
SRF black aluminum bead rolled door panels, installed with screws not rivets to allow for removal if necessary. Black door pulls, manual door locks with black lock pins
Seats are Sparco R100s in black fabric with silver stitching. Bolstering is firm yet streetable and will accept four point harnesses. Still look like new with no rips tears or stains. Manual adjust on steel black powder-coated bases crafted by Speedware Automotive in WA.
Black seat belts are both entirely new with black covers from LRS
Maximum Motorsports 4-point Sport Roll Bar with diagonal brace and removable harness tube. Welded/bolted in and wrapped in vinyl urban camo
Yellow Top Optima battery relocated to passenger rear seat well. 100 amp circuit breaker and mounted in black billet hold down

Drivetrain:
Motor always ran strong and never had the valve covers off, I only used synthetic from Royal Purple or Mobil 1. Stock bottom end fully inspected and components replaced where needed,
block fully cleaned, painted black, new motor mounts.
TrickFlow Track Heat Stage 2 top end kit in black from LRS. Refer to part# TFS-514360350BK for complete specs. Valve covers are Ford Racing black satin with black cap
BBK ceramic coated equal length headers
Air intake is BBK cold air fender well mount jet coated satin black
New satin black alternator, MSD black Super Conductor wires, black dist cap, black looms, new plugs, Taylor titanium heat sleeves.
UPR satin aluminum radiator mount
Stainless fender bolt kit, MRT hood struts replace the prop rod, engine bay painted VHT chassis paint satin black when motor was out.
Cobra spec Borg Warner World Class T5 still great cond.
Hurst Billet Plus short throw shifter, Lokar black billet handle, Ring Brothers billet Ripper 2” knob. Modified Hurst Super boot
New performance clutch, not too heavy
Driveshaft is stock Cobra hardened front yoke
Gears are stock Cobra 3.08:1 with traction lock

Suspension:
Eibach Sportline springs/struts, lowered 1.5” all four corners.
Maximum Motorsports rear adj lower control arms
Steeda rear shock tower brace welded in
Swapped to GT front rotors, GT length Moser axles. Cobra front brakes and rear axles are 3/4” wider but don’t allow for proper backspacing on aftermarket wheels. Callipers are all stock Cobra
CCW Classic wheels 18x10 rear and 17x8.5 front for a subtle staggered stance. Satin silver lips around flat black shot peaned faces. All CCW wheels are custom built and high end. The centre caps for the front rims need a small amount of metal sanding/machining to fit a little better, have two extra caps also.
Tires are Nitto NT05 performance 275ZR/35 rear 235ZR/40. More of a stretched tuner look than full width muscle car. Ride measures flat all around and handles amazing for an “old school” solid rear car.

I require $1000 deposit within 72 hrs of the auction close via bank draft, cash or Paypal if necessary. The balance is to be paid within a week via certified bank draft or cash. If you're from out of town or more time is needed then you must contact me or it's being relisted, and you'll be outed as a deadbeat.
Car is being listed locally as well so I reserve the right to end the auction early if it sells.
I'll help you in getting the car but any shipping/delivery costs are your own. I don't have time to spend handling your arrangements so you're on your own but I will assist best my time will allow.

lukewood2

Re: #4072 Black/Black?

Post by lukewood2 »

Poor thing :(
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

The seller didn't just play with his Hot Wheels as a kid. He apparently destroyed them. :shock:
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
Romo93

Post by Romo93 »

Why, why, and why not just buy a 4-banger to destroy? :pat:
1993 Black / Black Cobra #3929. V3 with a couple bolt-ons - 63,000 miles and counting....
1986Browns

Post by 1986Browns »

Romo93 wrote:Why, why, and why not just buy a 4-banger to destroy? :pat:
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

Finally got a chance to check the vin......Its not a black interior car.

1FACP42D0PF179900
Black Clearcoat
Grey Leather
6/4/1993

Ford Of Kirkland
11800 124th Ave NE
Kirkland, WA 98034
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Re: #4072 Black/C6 converted to DJ

Post by Z282SLO »

^^^
Why is this not surprising?
03 COBRA Black with VMP
tjsbeer

Post by tjsbeer »

Aside from it being atrocious, it makes no sense to do this to a Cobra when there are hundreds of unloved of Fox 5.0s out there that he could have had his way with.
Current Roster:
#3551 Teal/Grey Cloth
1987 Buick Grand National
1987 Porsche 911 Targa
1995 Porsche 911 Coupe

Sold/Traded Away:
1989 LX 5.0
1986 Porsche 951
1976 Corvette T-Tops w/Air
1974 Corvette Convertible w/Air
1969 Corvette Big Block w/Air
1992 Mercedes 500E
Ford pwr

Post by Ford pwr »

I live in BC Canada about 10 hrs now from this car and have spoken to the owner. I recall seeing it when it was mostly stock 5 years ago at a car show when I had my reef blue on blk coupe.

In your opinion what is a fair price in its current condition?
I saw e bay wasn't very high.
Can the future value be brought back with a reversal of most parts other than the roof and a black interior which I prefer anyways.

Most I've seen up north have a rebuild title like a teal and black one I know of.

Thanks
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

Ford pwr wrote:Can the future value be brought back with a reversal of most parts other than the roof and a black interior which I prefer anyways.
IMO, this one is modified so extensively it would not be worth the time, effort and $$ required to return it mostly to stock. It's future value would never come close to what you'd have to sink into it.
03 COBRA Black with VMP
Ford pwr

Post by Ford pwr »

Ok thanks, I'll see what time brings.
Ford pwr

Post by Ford pwr »

Well just an update on this thread that I now own the car.
I've located the front bumper and rear spoiler and am trying to figure out a price of what to offer him.
Any ideas?
I've also got a complete black interior and Cobra intake for a future install.
Ford pwr

Post by Ford pwr »

Hi just an update on 4072 progress.

A whole interior has been collected for the car in black along with many other parts and polished repo cobra wheels purchased. I had some paint work done on the car last fall also.

A person I met through Mustang parts was interested in buying the car so I sold it to him this past Aug.
It is now in Surrey British Columbia at its new home.

It was a good site to learn alot from those who own Cobra's and enjoy them or restore them to their former glory.
buddha

Post by buddha »

So did you get it back to mostly stock before you sold it?
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP