On and off CL in Oregon--good price...or not?

Cobras For Sale from National & Local listings, ebay, craigslist, autotrader, etc...

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

DeadStang

On and off CL in Oregon--good price...or not?

Post by DeadStang »

I know this was briefly discussed last year when he had it up on CL, but I don't recall what the consensus was:

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/5455631849.html

1993 Ford Mustang Cobra

condition: excellent (NOT)
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 130000
paint color: red
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type: hatchback

Real 1993 Ford Mustang Cobra. The rear hatch was replaced with a Gt hatch thus the Gt wing (glass was broke at some point no body damage). All other body panels have matching sticker numbers. No trades thank u.

Went and looked at it this evening...it was dark and it's wedged into a partially open shelter with no access to the passenger side or to the back, so it wasn't the best look and it wasn't started. Wear thru the grey leather on the driver's seat bolster, missing the stereo and wheels (obviously), broken ashtray door and fragile console door, paint isn't bad but does have wear thru on the edges (but appears to be original--minus the hatch and assuming the passenger side matches), minimal dents and dings, a few scratches and chips in paint, many chips on the driver's side mirror and some around the windshield trim, in need of some serious detailing underhood, broken little grill fingers (one per side) beneath the license plate to either side on the front bumper, non-original windshield glass. That's as much as I can pick apart from what I saw. I actually liked it but would need to hear it run and drive it for a better feel. He's pretty firm on his price...decent buy for a driver or keep looking?
aaronlstiles

Re: On and off CL in Oregon--good price...or not?

Post by aaronlstiles »

If he's firm keep looking, it needs wheels and tires, there is 1000 easy, a OEM wing can be 300 to 500, if you can find one, by the time you fix everything, you can find you one for around 13k to 15K, a little nicer car. And be all original. That's just my take on it.
DeadStang

Re: On and off CL in Oregon--good price...or not?

Post by DeadStang »

Thanks, Aaron. Still wish I would've ended up with your Oregon salvage title red Cobra.