#3199 Teal Gray Leather 15k miles Modified

Cobras For Sale from National & Local listings, ebay, craigslist, autotrader, etc...

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

slow50

#3199 Teal Gray Leather 15k miles Modified

Post by slow50 »

Hey guys, I am selling my teal 93 Cobra #3199 with 14,963 miles. I figured I would post it here since I have used this website as a reference over the years but in true troll fashion this is my first post. I know that sucks and am sorry. I am trying to avoid Craigslist for now. The description is below....let me know if there are additional questions. I am selling it to open up some room in my garage for something else interesting as I have 3 foxbodies.

The car runs very well with no issues or problems to report. Clean Carfax too. From the moment you turn the ignition, this car will put a smile on your face thanks to the power on tap and the exhaust note. I recently brought it to the Cars & Coffee event driving it 120 miles round trip in the summer heat with the air conditioning on. It drives so well and tight that it immediately reminds you of the low miles.

Price: $19,000 or best reasonable offer

History of the car:
The car was built at the Dearborn Assembly Plant on May 17, 1993 and is serial number 3199 of 4993 built. It was purchased by the original owner at Bredemann Ford in Glenview, IL. The original owner brought this car to the late Jim Summers at ASSC Racing with less than 2,000 miles and had him turn it into a fun street/strip car that could be taken to the drag strip or local car shows. The 2nd owner from PA purchased it in 1995 with 2,600 miles when the original owner, who was in the Navy, was deployed. The 2nd owner of the car was a Toyota technician, which is why you will see Toyota dealership service records listed in the Carfax. My friend and hardcore mustang enthusiast was the 3rd owner in 2008 owning it until 2010 when I purchased it. I am the 4th owner of the car owning it for 6 years. During my ownership, the car sat in storage for 2 years while I lived in the city. I have only driven it to car shows, mustang events, and weekend drives putting about 1,000 miles on it.

The car has the following performance modifications:

Engine:
Vortech V-1 B trim making about 9psi with an 8 rib belt kit
Vortech Mondo blowoff valve
306 ci DSS “Bullet in a Box” with stock compression
Fully balanced and blueprinted with all ARP hardware
DSS Main Griddle
Trickflow Twisted Wedge heads by Jimmy LaRocca (not sure if ported by TEA or Fox Lake)
Cobra Intake ported to accept a 75mm throttle body and port matched
75mm throttle body
77mm ProM mass air
Custom Lunati Blower Cam (don’t have specs)
1.7 roller rockers
MSD ignition, coil, and timing retard
LaRocca’s tuned it for pump gas making 463 rwhp and 456 ft-lbs

Exhaust:
1 ¾” Mac Long Tube Headers
3” Mac H-pipe
3” Mac Exhaust with polished tips

Fuel System:
Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump with a -8AN feed line
Modified stock fuel tank with sump modification
50lb high impedance injector
Paxton regulator

Suspension:
6 point roll bar with removable swing outs by ASSC Racing in Illinois
Fully built 8.8" rear maintaining the rear width of the Cobra
Rear built by A&D Automotive in NJ on 7/2008
Moser 31 spline axles – 4 lug
3.73 rear gears
Small bearing 9” ends
Auburn pro differential
Completely stock front suspension
Stock springs and struts - all original
Metco solid upper and lower control arms with stock springs
Stock caster camber plates

Transmission:
Tremec TKO600
Pro 5.0 shifter
Spec Stage 2+ Clutch
Aluminum driveshaft

Paint, Body, and Interior:
The paint is in excellent condition (9/10) for a car of this age. There are no dings but there is one scratch below the front fog light where the car touched a curb. The quarter windows and moldings are in excellent condition. All body panels are original except the passenger side fender, which is a Ford replacement. According to the 2nd owner, it was like this at 2,600 miles and he was told that it happened at the dealership. The wheels are original and in excellent condition with no curbing or flaking issue. The interior is also in great shape. The front seats are in good shape with no rips or cracks. The driver seat leather is soft and has been treated for the last 6 years. The rear seats look like they have never been sat on. All power equipment works including the AC which still has R-12. Carpets could use a some light cleaning but are all in good shape. Car has original spare etc. All interior controls and radio work.

Last edited by slow50 on Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slow50

Re: #3199 Teal Gray Leather 15k miles Modified

Post by slow50 »

Forgot a photo of the motor....I have 40 other pictures for any serious buyers

surfdawg

Re: #3199 Teal Gray Leather 15k miles Modified

Post by surfdawg »

pm sent!