another teal black for sale on ebay

Cobras For Sale from National & Local listings, ebay, craigslist, autotrader, etc...

Moderators: SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

69boss

another teal black for sale on ebay

Post by 69boss »

wonder how long this one will last.. this is the third one I have seen in the last 5 years or so. The last one on ebay was a 155k mile car that was taken down less than 24 hours, and had a 25K dollar bid at the time the auction ended with 7 days left. clearly the car sold before the end of the auction.. this one is bringing decent money for a teal black. Im probably one of few people who is in the camp that doesnt like it when the prices go up crazy like this.. it prevents the real car guys from truly enjoying their cars. increase in price is usually followed by an increase in price for parts, and ultimately less use of the car.

im just glad I got mine before the madness...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-Ford-Must ... 000%7C2500
SVT4942

Re: another teal black for sale on ebay

Post by SVT4942 »

Watching this one. Glad I own two of these! And Not for sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
19 Shelby GT350 Ford Performance Blue
93 EY/C6 13C #12
93 RD/DJ #2304
93 RD/DJ 13C #2651 w/ #1138’s (RD/DJ) Drivetrain
93 RD/DJ 13C #4942
buddha

Post by buddha »

And currently at $41k...........that's nuts. Clearly a sellers market, I wonder how much of this is driven by pure ego..........

Side note, when's the last time anyone saw a nice red/black cloth car come up for sale? I'm in the minority, I'd take that over a Teal car any day.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
SVT4942

Post by SVT4942 »

True. I’ve always disliked Red and now I really like the Red Cobras. Wife purchased a Red Pre-Production #12, so we have red now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
19 Shelby GT350 Ford Performance Blue
93 EY/C6 13C #12
93 RD/DJ #2304
93 RD/DJ 13C #2651 w/ #1138’s (RD/DJ) Drivetrain
93 RD/DJ 13C #4942
specracer

Post by specracer »

And the reserve is not met at $41k
69boss

Post by 69boss »

me too I never liked red cars. never owned one and never really lusted after any red car. maybe a dark red 70 boss 302 but thats about it and that is more maroon that red..

that was a big part of the reason why I didnt buy buddha's car. I know the car was well worth his asking price and now I kick my self for not buying it. also big part of the reason why I never really like any 93 cobra Rs. could never get past the red..

but now, Im actually considering buying a red cobra but only with blk interior.

I have passed on other red cars that were smoking deals... specracer can you guess what Im talking about? our little canadian friends car was a steal...
specracer

Post by specracer »

Yup, I know exactly the one you refer to, I was relieved when it sold, as then I could stop thinking how i NEED to buy this car.

I'm not a red fan either, but have 2 (93 and 00) No choices.

69boss wrote:
I have passed on other red cars that were smoking deals... specracer can you guess what Im talking about? our little canadian friends car was a steal...
69boss

Post by 69boss »

looks like it didnt meet reserve..

consequently I went on a little fox body run and ran into a nice guy who had a teal black car with 80k miles on it and some paint issues on the pass quarter and rear bumper. not bad at all but still issues the rest of the car showed like a 20k mile car super clean... he wanted 40K for it...
buddha

Post by buddha »

69boss wrote:looks like it didnt meet reserve..

consequently I went on a little fox body run and ran into a nice guy who had a teal black car with 80k miles on it and some paint issues on the pass quarter and rear bumper. not bad at all but still issues the rest of the car showed like a 20k mile car super clean... he wanted 40K for it...
Wow, that's just crazy. Even as an owner, I know they have value, but Christ on a cracker. Honestly, there are lot of low mileage cars floating around.......like under under 20k. What does that make these worth? $100k? Folks are just making up crazy numbers and buyers are shelling it out. There is no consistency, hence the wild wild west mentality. Maybe in another 10-15 years we'll see these hit a real market value like the old muscle cars of the 60's and 70's, but right now it's a free for all.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
69boss

Post by 69boss »

Lots of thing contribute to this "wild west" mentality. but the prices have been crazy for the last 5 years.. I saw the trend with the foxes and was glad to be able to find a couple of cars early on before the craziness. and you are right even 100K doesnt seem like such a crazy price to ask.. dont get me wrong it is totally crazy but somehow doesnt seem like it in current market. it wasnt but just a few months ago we were making fun of people listing their cars for 50K. now it almost seems to be the norm...